Status: Why is it that every story I write gets reported for having a character description? Where the hell else am I supposed to put it? GRRRR!!!

Addicting Emotions

Chapter 17

Evelyn’s POV

Bella has been laid in the hospital bed Carlisle had brought in for 2 days now. Carlisle had attached a morphine drip to Bella and well he had to do it before the transformation was complete because once she was a vampire that needle was not getting through her skin.
I had come every day after school to sit with her, I guess I kind of blamed myself I mean I am the one that told her that she had to go see Jacob, she could have said it over the phone couldn’t she? Well I felt like that until Edward read my thoughts and Jasper felt how distressed and guilty I felt then both came and told me I was being an idiot and that it wasn’t my fault, in fact Edward’s words were
“it’s that Wolfs fault and I swear to god if he comes near Bella ever again I will rip his tail off and shove it down his throat!” I thought it was funny but then he kind of punched a wall making a massive hole in it I mean it was huge and well it kinda scared me so the laughter left but I was still feeling better about the situation.
I mean Bella wanted to be a vampire in fact it was Edward’s idea that she finish school because she wanted to be changed as soon as possible. I frowned as I took her cold hand in mine, the warmth having left her already.
I knew that today was the day the guys needed to tell Charlie about what had happened to Bella and I wanted to be there when it happened just so that there was a human present so he didn’t feel so alone and he could hear it from me that it’s not bad.
Edward had gone to pick Charlie up a while ago and they would soon be here, he was going to tell Charlie that Bella was ill and she couldn’t be moved and he had to come and see Carlisle so he could explain.
I looked at her calm face and sighed as I thought of the fact that soon I would be the only human in our little family, I chuckled to myself at that thought before frowning. I wouldn’t be able to see Bella for a while because of her being a newborn so she could go crazy from the scent of my blood, I didn’t find this fair because I knew that Bella wouldn’t hurt me but everyone had told me that she’ll be unable to control herself but I have faith in her.
I heard a door slam open before I heard shouts and I recognize Charlie’s voice which is louder than the others. I sigh as I give Bella’s hand a squeeze before I get up from my seat and go and see what all the commotion is about.
I arrived downstairs to see Emmett restraining Charlie as he was trying to reach Edward who was stood there calmly but with a sad frown on his face. I frown at the scene before walking down the remaining stairs. Jasper appeared and smiled wanly at me which I returned before I walked over to Charlie. Standing in front of him I said
“hello Charlie” Charlie looked at me and exclaimed
“they took you too! Evelyn what would your mother think?” I chuckled and replied with a shrug
“mom would be happy for me because I’m happy and I’m not a vampire yet Charlie” Charlie calmed as I talked because I was using my voice to make it happen. I had pitched it lower and gave it a quality that made it play across one’s mind calming them.
Once Charlie was calm I nodded to Emmett who let him go, the thing I had done with my voice had worked on everyone, and stepped back. Taking Charlie’s hand I pulled him towards the staircase and spoke as I took him to Bella
“you need to understand Charlie that Bella was in danger, she would have died if she hadn’t been converted because there was no chance of getting her to the hospital before she bled out, even with vamp speed, she had to be converted because there was no way we were going to let her die, plus she had told me many times that this is what she wanted and it makes her happy, don’t you want her to be happy?” I finished as we came to the closed door and Charlie sighed as he said
“of course I want her to be happy and I am glad that they saved her because I wouldn’t have been able to and I don’t want Bella to die” I nodded and asked
“well then stop acting angry and accept it, now Bella is in here, I warn you she is hooked up to a drip and she will look dead OK?” Charlie took a deep breath and nodded so I opened the door and led him in.
Charlie stayed for a few hours before he decided to go home and leave Bella in our care, he planned to tell my mother and let her know that I would be staying here tonight as Bella should awaken tomorrow plus it would mean that Mom could tell the school that I was ill or something, I knew Carlisle had already said that Edward etc had decided to take a holiday.
I stayed awake until I couldn’t bear to anymore and Jasper took me into his office and let me fall asleep on the sofa he had in there, he sat on it and I rested my head in his lap and fell asleep while he simply played with my hair.