I Tried, I Lied, I Just Can't Take Anymore

Chapter 14- Trying to fix things up!

Mikayla’s POV

The next day I got ready. I headed towards Mikey’s room to see if he was ready. When he was, we went downstairs, and I drove to our destination.

“Alright, I am not talking with you, I am going to say I am
talking at you. Who is this girl I am suppose to be meeting anyhow?” Mikey said looking out the window.

“Actually it’s two. There’s Laura and Amaris. Amaris has long light brown hair, dark brown eyes, she wears black glasses
with stones on the side, and she is 5'3. Laura has choppy, short, black hair, her bangs are over her left eye, she has two white streaks on either side if her part, she too has dark brown eyes and wears black glasses, and she is 5'2.” I said trying to give him a description of both girls.

“Well that narrows it down a whole lot. How am I suppose to choose?” Mikey asked, still not looking at me.

“Uhhh, coin toss?” I said giggling to myself.

“If you weren’t a slutty bitch, I would almost think you were a cool person to hang out with.” he said weirdly.

“You really do know how to kill a mood.” I said angered.

“Yes, well, you sure know how to kill a friendship.” he said, this
time looking at me. I shut up, and stopped talking.

The rest of the car ride was silent.

“Hey Mikayla!” I heard Laura yell. My two friends came over
and greeted me with warm hugs.

“Guys, this is Mikey.” I said smiling.

“Hi.” he said plainly.

“Well, what do you guys want to do?” Amaris asked.

“It doesn’t matter to me.” Mikey said looking down. We decided to sit in the park and talk. I don’t know how we did it, but we got on the subject of relationships.

“Well, I honestly think relationships should be based highly on
trust. Without it, it’s nothing!” Laura said.

“I totally agree with that one.” Amaris chimed in.

“How can you two be Mikayla’s friends then?” Mikey said not realizing what he said.

“Mikey, do you mind? This is about you
three, and the girl you want to choose to date. This isn’t about me at all!” I said through gritted teeth.

“What are you talking about Mikey? Why wouldn’t we be her friends? We have been friends since we can remember!”
Amaris said smiling.

Mikey looked at me, and gave me an evil grin. Just then, I knew it was all over.

“Well you see. You guys say a relationship is based on trust right?” Mikey asked. I knew where he was going with it.

“Yea of course, why?” Laura asked.

“Well, what do you guys think about cheaters?” he asked.

“They suck and should die!” Amaris said.

“That’s really interesting. Cause you see, your best friend is dating my brother. Now I caught her fooling around with some guy the other night, who was not my brother, but his best friend! Now what would you say about that one?” Mikey laughed.

“Oh my god, Mikayla, did you honestly do that?” Laura
asked shocked.

“Uh, um, well, it was an accident.” I said stammering for the
right words to say.

“Bull shit! No such thing. You have a conscious, you
know right from wrong, how the hell could you do something like that?” Amaris said disgusted.

“I don’t know. I never meant for it to happen. It just did.” I said looking down.

“NO! Getting pregnant just happens. Cheating? That’s unforgivable. How the hell can we be friends with a cheating liar?” Laura asked. I just looked at them both with blank stares.

“Well, we can’t. We really can’t be bothered by you now. You disappoint me. Lets go Laura, we need to search for another best friend.” Amaris said leaving.

“Yea, she’s right. Mikey, have you chosen who you might want to go out with?” Laura asked cooly.

“Um, I’ll let you guys know. I’m sure I’ll be seeing you real
soon.” he smiled.

“OKAY! We’ll talk to you later! Bye Mikey.” Laura and
Amaris said in unison. I got up and started heading towards the car. Mikey got in on the other side.

“I think that went rather well, what do you think?”
he asked in a cocky tone.

I looked at him with a disgusted look. There were no words for how I felt at that point in time. I think I just lost the two best
friends I ever had.