Learning How to Die

October 10th, 2009:

October 10th, 2009.

The day I met her.

She was the bride’s sister in the wedding of Adam’s brother.

We bumped into each other and her drink spilled all over my shirt, which was thankfully black. She had apologized profusely, even after I assured her that it was fine and declined her offers to pay for dry cleaning. I had to accept when she told me that she would buy me a coffee the following Thursday to make up for it.

Gradually, we parted ways that night, but I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I was hypnotized when I watched her dance; all of her movements were graceful, elegant, and beautiful. I would’ve asked her to dance with me if I hadn’t been so inept myself. She would not accept the invitation to dance from just any man that asked; I witnessed many rejections. I liked that about her.

I knew then that Janelle Olson wouldn’t just be another girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
New William Beckett story. (:
I'm a sucker for him, I must say.
This one isn't my usual style, but I think that's okay.
This is not a happy story.
I was morbidly inspired by some recent happenings.
I was originally going to write this as a really long oneshot, but I decided that it would work better in short chapters.
Title credit is to Jon Foreman.

Comments, subscriptions, and concrit is greatly appreciated. (: