Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

The November Ball

Image

November had arrived and for most of the Hogwarts students, it meant one thing, the November Ball. A chance to dress up and flaunt your assets. For the students, it was a chance to be whoever they felt like in that moment. Their choice of dress would be completely their choice, masks, costumes, dresses, capes…the works.

“What is it?” Odette asked Draco as they sat in the dark common room of the Slytherin house, late one evening as the notice announcing the date of the dance was pinned up by a Prefect. Draco and Odette stayed silent and cool, the royalty of Slytherin surveying the crowd clustered around the piece of paper.

Draco smirked “It’s a dance…” he picked up Odette’s slim hand that rested lightly on the green leather armchair and kissed it gently, allowing her feel his lips on hers “Care to be my date?”

Odette pursed her lips into a seductive smirk, gazing at Draco with her crystalline green eyes, she softly pulled her hand out of his grasp. She rested it on his face instead, stoking his cheek and brushed her lips down his neck, feeling him shiver underneath her touch. She stood up, and almost smiled in amusement at the longing look in Draco’s eyes;

“Sorry little bird, I fly alone…”

She didn’t stay to watch a disappointed frown grace Draco’s face and walked away, a glimmer of a smile in her eyes at the cruel game she was playing.

~

Pansy Parkinson’s loud voice filled the air of the girl’s dormitories and Odette lying on her bed, Styx wrapped around her shoulders, closed her eyes in annoyance. She mentally made a note to force Severus into assigning her, her own bedroom, alone.

“Odette, aren’t you getting ready?” Pansy turned her dog like face around to stare at the silent girl who was lounging in her Hogwarts robes.

Odette said nothing, just turned to stare at Pansy until the annoying girl became red-faced and turned away.

It wasn’t long until the girls were ready and they tottered out the doors in heels, make up and masks. Pansy was dressed as an angel, Millicent Bulstrode a masked Grecian maid, and Heather Villian was wearing a very revealing dress, with a split to her thigh. Odette wasn’t quite sure what she was meant to be, if Heather had any imagination at all to think of something to dress up as.

Odette watched as they left the room and when it was peace and quiet once again, Odette kissed Styx on the head and grinned evilly “Now, it’s my turn”
Styx wrapped her body around the frame of her Mistress’s bed, “Have fun”

Odette sat in front of the table and mirror she had transfigured out of a chair and began to brush her hair “Oh, I will…”

~

Draco watched as Odette entered the hall, it had been decorated spectacularly as usual for the event with sugar butterflies spinning in the air above them and Christmas trees alight with real faeries. Odette surpassed the decorations in her sheer beauty, every eye turned to her as she stepped foot into the large room and she stared straight ahead, unfazed by the attention.

She was dressed in a midnight black dress that had a slit down her chest, stopping at her belly-button. It was floor length, and sweeped the stone flags of the ground in a striking manner. Her eyes were lined with black, making her look more feline like than ever. Her hair was unbound as usual but when it moved it seemed to emit a purple sparkle into the air.

In fact, as she came closer to Draco, she looked more ethereal than real. There was a magical quality about her appearance that seemed to mention she was a gift given to the mortals of earth from the heavens for one short night. Draco was planning to make the most of it. He forgot about Pansy, and set his mind onto Odette.

~

Odette allowed Draco to sweep her onto the dance floor, his body was familiar to her by now, he had tried to press it into her so many times. She allowed herself to give into the contours of his frame and their dance was flawless as they swept around the floor. She ignored the jealous stares of Pansy and smirked into Draco’s shoulder.

They stopped for a drink of Pumpkin Juice and Odette surveyed Draco, who was dressed in simple black dress robes “What are you supposed to be?”

Draco smirked “I’m me…”

Odette rolled her eyes and pointed to Pansy “Go dance with your dog Malfoy, she looks like she’s chewing a bone”

Draco snorted but obeyed and Odette was left on her own. She stayed by the tables, and surveyed the dance floor in front of her, the tables around her…looking for one face in particular.

Suddenly a mouth drew close to her ear “May I have this dance?”

Odette did not jump, too used to his sudden appearances and instead allowed herself to breathe him in for a split moment. She closed her eyes “Who’s asking?” she whispered and turned around.

The one and only Dracula stood in front of her, his brown eyes twinkling out of a face bewitched abnormally pale, his freckled gone, his hair was jet black, mirroring her own. When he smiled, his canines were pointed and dangerously sharp, but it did not lessen the safety Odette felt when she was around him.

“Fred” she acknowledged

“Count Dracula” he corrected and he bowed deeply “And you are…?”

Odette straightened, purple sparkles rising from her hair “Macha, Celtic goddess of War”

Fred grinned and without warning, pulled her close to him and swooped her out into the middle of the dance. They waltzed around the floor.

“Very fitting, I think” he murmured closer to her ear and Odette felt herself shiver into his body. Her whole frame curved into his and she could feel his legs brush her own with every step of dance.

“I wish I could say the same for your persona, Dracula is far too…depressing”

She felt Fred smile into her neck “Maybe he needs a little cheer, or maybe…I was hoping I could get a certain lady with my foolproof disguise.”

Odette fought a chuckle “I don’t think you need a disguise”

Without knowing it, Odette realised Fred had been able to lead her off the floor and by a dark corner, he pressed her against the wall and again his mouth was by her ear;

“Do I Odette?”

His finger traced the skin of her neck and then his hand cupped behind her head and he traced the mark he believed was tattooed onto her skin. Odette stared at him, his mouth was inched away.

“Maybe…for tonight you don’t”

His breath was quick and uneven, and so was hers. The heat of his body scorched her and the ideas of wild desire ripped through her.

And then, footsteps coming towards them.

Fred sighed, his head bowing and as quick and light as a feather his lips brushed against her lips. He turned and walked away; leaving Odette to face Severus Snape

“Severus…enjoying the ball?” she asked, her tone cunning..

“It’s delightful, a word Odette of you don’t mind”

He walked out of the hall and Odette followed. The walked in silence for a moment;

“The Dark Lord is becoming impatient Odette, he is weary of waiting”

Odette narrowed her eyes “I am aware of my Master’s feelings, thank you very much Severus. This is my duty…”

“Well, then maybe you should start doing it Odette.”

Odette stopped in her tracks “And what is that suppose to mean?”

Severus glared at her “You know exactly what I mean. Do you not think I haven’t noticed the romantic liaison occurring between you and that Weasley boy! You’re lucky I haven’t wrote to your father…”

Odette flinched “There’s nothing going on…”

Severus scowled “There better not be ,Odette,” his face softened slightly “I know it may be hard to settle but a Weasley is the worst kind of blood traitor. They’re members of the Order of the Phoenix. Do you think if he knew what you really were he’d want to be with you?”

Odette stiffened, feeling her mark prickle “There’s nothing going on. The only person that has any claim on me’s mark is branded onto my neck…”

Severus nodded “Good…but for the sake of your reputation, you should be seen with a more appropriate male, Maybe it’s time you finally gave into Mr. Malfoy”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't Forget Memory Lane
^^ click it^^

Comment?
And I found this amazing band!
Framing Hanley