Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Tears Made of Snow

Image

Dearest Odette,
I have been informed of the ill fated progress of your mission and I am displeased to inform you of my displeasure
Daughter, I am very disappointed. You are a Silver, and you are well aware that Silvers do not quit.
I would like to see you in person. I have been told by Severus that your next Hogsmeade trip will be this weekend.
Meet me in the Hogs Head at precisely noon sharp.
Don’t be late

Your father,
Edwin Silver


Odette viciously crumpled the fresh parchment in her hand, shaking in fury and fear. How dare he talk to her like that? How dare he even mention her quest, hers, hers alone. She did not need his help. She needed no-ones help.

But she was scared. Scared of what her father would do her if he felt she was failing. He didn’t care about her schoolwork, but he did care about the Dark Lord. He had shared in her pride when she had been Marked. And for the first time Odette had felt he were proud of her. And now she had let him down. Silvers should not let people down, they excel in all things.

Odette had never loved her father. He had treated her with a mere disdain from the moment she were born, only taking time to teach her the quality of those that were pure-blood, to look down upon anybody inferior and to teach her magic from a very young age. Odette had been able to perform the Cruaciatus Curse from the age of six, and sometimes she could still hear the agonised yells of the house elf.

She felt cold gray eyes upon her and she turned to see Draco staring as usual. She didn’t need to say anything but Draco had stayed in her company long enough now to know she was annoyed.

‘What is it Swan?’ he asked in a low voice and Odette sighed,

“My father…that’s what. I have to meet him today,’

It had taken the family owl two days to fly from the mountains of Italy where their favoured castle were situated and now Odette had no time to prepare herself for meeting her father.

Draco grimaced in sympathy and rubbed her leg ‘Need a distraction?’

Odette rolled her eyes and pushed him away, ‘Not this time Little Bird, I have better things to be doing’
She got up and walked quickly out of the castle, it was half eleven and as soon as she passed the wrought iron gates of Hogwarts Castle, she turned neatly on the spot, creating curved marks in the white blanket of snow, apparating to outside the Hogs Head.

A rusty bell by the door clanked unpleasantly as she entered the grim tavern and she spotted her father already seated by the low embers of a failing fire. He was early but she wasn’t surprised. She sat down on the stool opposite him, and ignored his cruel dark eyes as they searched her face. Instead, she pulled out her wand and shot sparks at the embers, causing them to ignite into flames that portrayed a far merrier atmosphere than the one present in the room.

Finally, she couldn’t ignore him any longer and looked at her father ‘Hello Father’ she mumbled..

“Don’t take that tone with me Odette” Edwin snapped, his handsome face sneering at her “I hope you treat your Lord with a lot more respect than that”

Odette narrowed her eyes “My Lord has earned and deserves the respect I give him…”

She didn’t have to brace herself for the pain when she saw her father’s hand flick, sending a strong torture curse through her body. She stiffened on her chair, closing her eyes and biting her tongue until the waves of pain stopped. She had been expecting the curse, and had been dealing with it since she were three.

“How’s my dearest mother?” she asked in a voice, that didn’t hide the contempt she felt for the woman that spent her life in front of her mirror and buying beauty products to stop herself showing the signs of aging.

Edwin’s mouth twitched “Grieving that her only child has been away from home for three months and not written one letter”

Odette said nothing, but stared at her father until rolling her eyes “You didn’t come here to talk about mother, and there was really no need for you to come at all. I’m perfectly fine”

Edwin scoffed “Really Odette? Then why did the Dark Lord question me in did he pick the right child for the cause?”

A shiver of fear and somewhat betrayal ran through her back. She hadn’t though the Dark Lord would talk to her father, let alone question his decision.

“He knows I will not fail him” she whispered, her mouth hard and jaw locked “I am his chosen follower. I will not fail father…”

Edwin’s eyes turned cold and steely once again “You better not Odette…for I will not have the embarrassment of our child been killed for not being able to complete a simple task upon our family. Do you understand?”

“He would never kill me..” Odette whispered to the table to which her gaze had dropped..

“Don’t predict what he will do Odette, he is unpredictable…if you fail, he will kill you.”

Odette stifled a gasp and turned, not saying goodbye and ran out of the building that seemed to be closing in upon her. She ran like a graceful deer, bounding over fallen logs as she raced through the trees that ran outside the village, her hair flying like a cape behind her, a dark fury of black against the snow.

She collapsed in a clearing, knowing it was empty and buried her face into her hands. Her thin frame wracked with sobs against the tree she leaned upon, and her wails of fear, betrayal and confusion were stifled by her palms. She didn’t know what to do but she could not fail him…she didn’t want to die.

“Odette, why are you crying?”

Odette jumped, looking up at the still form of Fred above her, his hair a bright flame and a worried frown upon his freckled face.

She sniffed, wiping a hand across her eyes “Why do you always show up at the most inopportune moments?”

Fred grinned “Call it intuition…but what is it Odette?” he crouched down, not caring as the snow soaked through his trouser leg “Tell me…” he whispered.

Odette gazed at him, her hand gently brushing his cheek. He was a distraction, and she needed to be rid of him. If they found out about him…about how he so obviously felt about her, and she for him, he would be in danger.

“We can’t be together Fred” she whispered and as a dark shadow passed across his face at her words, her heart broke.

“Are you ashamed of me Odette, because I’m a Weasley or because I’m not a Slytherin?”

Odette shook her head “maybe someday you’ll understand Fred…I’m not the person you think I am. I’ve done terrible things, and I’m dangerous. I can’t allow you to…feel… for me.”

Fred backed away, shaking his head “it’s too late for that Odette…can’t you see how I feel for you?”

Odette stood up, looking away, and Fred grabbed her, his hands hot around her slender wrists, pulling her against his body “You feel it too Odette, don’t lie..”

“Fred don’t do this…you don’t understand!”

Fred backed her against the rough bark of a broad tree “I can’t imagine you not in my life anymore Odette. You…invade every thought, every dream, every wish…you’re like an angel.”

A broken wail escaped Odette’s mind and she struggled against his strong arms but he didn’t release her “I’m the farthest thing from an angel Fred, and if I am, my wings are black…I’ve fallen. Save yourself now Fred. I’m bad, I’m evil…” she stopped herself before she could mutter death eater, and closed her eyes to stop more tears falling. When she opened them again, Fred was staring at her and then he crashed his lips furiously against her own.

A whimper escaped Odette’s mouth as his lips were maddening on her and her thoughts escaped to new heights as she surrounded. As he licked his tongue on her lips, pushing it past into her mouth to tangle with her own, she moaned loudly, her arms wrapping around his neck to pull at his hair.

Fred nibbled at her neck and she gasped in delight, feeling his arousal against her leg. This was what she had been waiting for, but it was something that was forbidden.

Odette opened her eyes and pulled away from him, releasing their tangled bodies and her breathing was heavy as she stared at him. Her hands were shaking as she backed away from him.

‘No Fred…” she whispered and another faint “no” echoed as she turned and with a loud crack disapparated, leaving the boy alone in the snowy clearing.

Can you not recognsise a soul already sold?
How do I save you from the things I've been?
~Emilie Autumn~
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had a major fight with my dad before writing this.
You can probably tell.

Please check out Raven
Thanks
x