Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Hogwarts

Image

Apparating into Hogsmeade, Odette smoothed her already perfect hair and walked alone, through the dark streets to the carriage that awaited her to take her to her new school.

She stopped for a moment as she reached the huge black carrier, admiring the beauty and grace of the Thestrals that were harnessed to it. She ran a slim finger over the feared creatures’ skeletal hindquarters smiling in the dark before climbing into the carriage.

The carriage bumped and rocked along the winding road towards the castle and finally as it stopped, Odette walked out majestically to look up at the looming structure that would be her home for the next year and sighed sadly

She noticed the dark cloaked figure standing in the shadows, waiting for her arrival before he spoke and inclined her head in acknowledgement

“Severus” she murmured, her low words carried by the wind.

“Odette” he greeted in his slow voice. He stepped out under the lantern hanging from the tall gates and his pale face was cast into an eerie light, making the dark circles under his eyes prominent and his eyes cast a cautious look around…

“Welcome to Hogwarts” he spoke, walking closer to her “I see you decided not to arrive by train…like every other student”

She sniffed “Please Severus, the train is so…common”

Snape smirked “Please remember Miss Silver that I am Professor Snape here, I don’t want to have to remind you”

Odette pouted in return “Of course Professor…now lead me to the castle, I can hardly see…it’s very dark…”

Snape stepped closer, allowing Odette to place her hand in the crook of his arm and he led her to the castle, their heads bent close together

“You have met with the Dark Lord I presume and know what is required of you”

Odette sighed “Of course Severus, befriend the Malfoy boy and help him with his task…and I do have my own assignments after recent…em…events...”

Snape raised his eyebrows in question but Odette didn’t have to answer as the wind suddenly blew stronger causing her raven hair to whip around her head, giving her an oddly crazy look…

Snape gasped in surprise as he saw the still red and swollen mark on the back of her neck, the snakes twisted into a heart almost seemed to move in the moonlight and he shivered at the unnerving image…

“You’d want to hide that Odette. If Albus sees it he’ll know instantly as well as some of the other teachers…”

She shrugged “I can cover it with my hair and if a student sees it, it’s a tattoo”

Snape smiled “Good girl”

“Have my belongings arrived?”

“Yes”

“All of them?”

Snape looked at her “Yes”

They stopped, reaching the Entrance Doors and Snape looked at the newest student, who was looking very uncharacteristically nervous…her normally emotionless face twisted in fear and worry…

“They don’t bite you know” he said and she stared at him, a scowl disfiguring her pretty face for a moment and without hesitation she strode into the hall ahead of Snape, her chin up and she looked as if she owned the place.

A tall thin woman walked sharply over to her
“Odette Silver?” she asked in a strict voice

Odette stared at her “Yes?”

“Join the queue and get ready for the sorting please”

Odette made a disgusted noise and threw a look at Snape as he entered the Great Hall, smirking at her once before disappearing.

Odette allowed the nervous first years gather ahead of her, and distancing herself considerably from the group, she walked into the hall filled with thousands of staring curious students…

“Here we go” she muttered
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters will get longer hopefully :)
Comment please

x