Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Be My Secret

Image

“Odette!”

Odette turned in the Room of Requirement, her long hair swishing around her like a falling black curtain and her eyes flashed in the direction of her favourite voice in the world. That rare smile sparkled as she laughed, and ran towards the red headed boy, jumping into his arms, and squealing as he spun her around.

She kissed him deeply, a lover’s kiss, a kiss full of longing and joy at his return, “Oh, I missed you,” she whispered.

Fred chuckled, and brushed her hair back from her face so to look upon her properly, he sighed happily, hugging her again, feeling more relaxed now she was in his arms, and safe for the time being from the rest of cruel wizardry world. Every second away from her was always torture for him, not just because he loved her and wanted to hold her always, but because he had no idea of where she was, if she was in communication or in the presence of the Dark Lord. He would have no idea if Voldemort decided to strike down his favourite in violent outrage such as last time. He knew that if something happened again, she wouldn’t be allowed to survive, she would be killed. And the very thought froze the blood that ran in his veins.

“Fred, love, look at me.” Fred glanced up into Odette’s bright eyes as she spoke to him, not aware he had gone quiet, and his face had fallen into a serious, thoughtful expression.

Odette chuckled, her palm resting on his cheek, “What’s troubling you?”

Fred shook his head, and took her hand in his, “It doesn’t matter. I’m just glad to be back.”

He smiled, and then took her swiftly in his arms again, latching his lips onto hers ferociously, and she kissed fiercely back, small moans of pleasure coming from her. They fell back onto the rug in front of the fireplace, Fred’s hands travelling upwards to Odette’s chest. His breathing became heavy as she kissed a trail down his neck, it felt forever since he had been with her like this.

His mouth met her collar bone, his teeth nipping it sharply, causing the girl to gasp beneath him, her body to arch upwards so her pelvis met his in a delightful way. He snaked his tongue up her long, swan like neck and then he paused, his brown eyes boring into the mark already set upon her pale skin.

Odette felt his pause, and turned her head slightly, “What is it?”

Fred sighed irritably, and his finger traced the love bite on her neck, “You tell me.”

Odette frowned at him, and stood up as he rolled off of her, and lay on his back. She walked to the mirror propped against the wall, and looked at the bruise curiously. “It must have been Draco. I didn’t know it was there.”

A rage bubbled inside of Fred, and he took a breath to calm himself. “You’re still sleeping with him?”

Odette turned to stare at Fred, anger clouding her eyes, “You know I have to.”

“Have to? Who tells you to have sex with him like you’re a fucking slave or something?”

Odette’s eyes narrowed, “Don’t talk to me like that Fred. I have to put on an act, he’s my fucking boyfriend, I think it would be weird to refuse to have sex with him. I’m with him, to keep eyes away from us. You do know that Severus was already suspecting, if I’m with Draco, and have proof of being with Draco, you are safe.”

Fred ran a hand through his hair, “So, you’re telling me you’re sleeping with him to protect me?”

“Yeah, I am…Draco is the only person who can feel what I’m feeling Fred. We’re both slaves, trapped into following orders. We can never escape, at least we have each other to turn to…”

“You have me!”

“No, no I don’t have you Fred. Because I will not watch you die…I will not watch them kill you! Which is why, we must always remain a secret. Which is why I must always be with Draco. He is who I should be with, he is who I would have always been with if it wasn’t for you.”

Fred stared at her, his eyes unnaturally cold, “I can’t watch you be with him anymore Odette…”

“Fred, you know I can’t be with you like that, you need to understand…”

“It’s for my safety? Whatever Odette, I’ll make this easy for you.”

Odette watched him leave and then screamed in frustration. She adjusted her robes, and walked out of the room, flicking her wand as she passed the mirror, and smirked in satisfaction as it burst into a thousand smithereens.

~

Draco watched Odette cross the hall as she made her way towards him later that day. Her mouth was set in a thin line, her eyes emotionless. He rolled his own eyes at her, as she sat stiffly down beside him, “What’s got you pissed off now?”

“Just…don’t Draco. Not today.”

Draco raised his hands in surrender, “Okay…just to let you know, I think I’ve almost cracked it.”

Odette turned to him then, her eyes gleaming, “really Draco? You’ve fixed it?”

“Not yet…but soon. Really soon.”

“Do you want me to write a letter…to him. To say you’ve made progress. He’s becoming impatient Draco. We need to…give him something. We can’t let him get angry again.”

Draco covered Odette’s hand with his, and squeezed reassuringly, “Write a letter, but be brief…we can’t raise hopes…just in case, it’ll be worse if it doesn’t go as planned then.”

Draco’s voice shook slightly, in fear of the wrath of their master, and for a moment, the two teenagers were silent, their eyes haunted by the memory of past torture for failures. Odette felt eyes upon her, and looked up into the bright blue ones of Albus Dumbledore, she gazed at him a moment, for once frozen under his kind stare, and she felt a lump form in her throat. She could plainly see what he was telling her in that look, ‘I can help you.’ Did he know? Did he know what they were? Impossible…

A flash of red interrupted Odette’s thoughts and her eyes flickered over to Fred who was walking towards the Gryffindor table where his twin greeted him loudly. Fred smiled, and looked at the tall, dark skinned girl beside him, kissing her cheek lightly. Odette grit her teeth, as she looked down at their hands, which were intertwined.

Fred’s head turned and he sought the gaze of Odette, again his eyes mean and taunting. He was showing her, exactly what it felt like when she was with Draco. Odette just narrowed her gaze, and tugged Draco’s arm, “Come on, let’s go.”

Draco stared at her, “We haven’t eaten yet…”

Odette took a breath, and looked at him slowly, “Fine, you eat…but I’ll be waiting, naked in your bed….come up and join me whenever you’re fucking ready.”

A tinge of pink appeared on Draco’s cheeks as he watched her stride away, and then he looked across at Crabbe, Goyle and Zabini who were all looking at him, their mouths open…all their attention had been caught into the conversation at the word ‘naked’, no doubt.

Blaise recovered first, “Dude…what are you fucking waiting for?”

Draco smirked, and adjusted his tie as he walked swiftly out of the hallway, sneering at Fred Weasley who was staring at him for some reason, a thunderous expression on his face.

~

Their quiet feud lasted over two weeks, and Odette couldn’t help but allow a wave of self pity crash down around her when she walked past Fred in the hallways, and pretended she didn’t want to talk to him, or be with him. She could only resort to holding Draco’s hand tighter, and kissing his lips deeper when she saw Fred with Angelina. Saw him smiling at her, laughing with her…

Part of her felt like maybe this was better, allow him to be with Angelina even though she knew he loved her. He could never be with Odette, the way he was with Angelina. They could never walk down a street holding hands, he could never kiss her in front of people…the only way that would happen was if Voldemort was defeated, and that was something Odette was fighting to not happen. And if he was defeated, she would either die alongside her master, or be sent to Azkaban…and Odette would rather die a thousand deaths, than spend one night in the wizard prison.

But Fred also needed to know, exactly how Odette felt when she was with Draco, and how it differed to her feelings for Fred.

Styx whispered encouraging advice as she dipped her swan feather quill in ink and put the tip to the parchment in front of her…

Fred,

I’m sorry for what I have to do, and I’m sorry for hurting you the way I did, and am still doing. But you need to know, everything is to protect you. No-body can ever find out how much I love you, and your people should never know your love for me. It will always be like this.

When I walk with him, and feel my hand in his, sometimes I close my eyes and imagine he is you. I can look up, and see you smiling down at me, your brown eyes shine with love, and your mouth flash in a grin. When I kiss him, I am really kissing you, and I can only hope that when you kiss her, you are really kissing me.

I will always love you Fred, and I will leave the decision of our relationship in your hands. I will wait for as much time as is needed. But I come with complications, and secrecy is one of them.

I would like to be your secret Fred, for you will always be mine.
Yours forever,
Odette.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been preoccupied lately,so sorry about the lateness of this chapter.I've met a boy...which also explains the mushiness of thos chapter.But I think he's awesome :) so...yay :P

Read...this!