Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Sectumsempra

Image

Odette gazed at the scarlet curtains that fell from the four poster bed she was laying in and sweeped her eyes across to the stone walls where a tapestry of a golden lion hung, and other smaller posters, one advertising Bertie Bott’s Every Flavoured Beans, others of rock bands such as The Baritone Barons.

She moved slightly, her bare leg touching another and her toes rubbed up the limb softly, teasingly. Fred flickered his eyes open and his grip around Odette tightened, pulling her slender body towards his. She smiled softly, the smile she shared with no other and it caused his heart to fly around his body for a moment. Her head nestled by his collarbone, her raven hair tickling his chin softly.

Underneath the duvets, he allowed his fingers to dance around her body, they tugged slightly at his shirt she was wearing to cover herself, and then caressed the skin of her thighs. He reached a slightly ticklish spot causing her to jerk away from him,

“Fred,” she gasped and laughed as he laughed. She knew what he would do next as he pounced, rolling her underneath him so she was trapped, and his fingers poked her sides as she squirmed uncomfortably, pleading with him to stop.

Eventually he did, but kept his position above her, grazing his lips across hers and trailed them down her neck to kiss her collarbone. His hand trailed up underneath the shirt to explore her chest, and he moaned as he felt her body arch underneath his and touch his own in an arousing way. Her hands rose up to play with his hair and her fingers traced circles on the skin of his neck. She kissed him again, this time it became deeper, their tongues entangles. Fred allowed himself to collapse on top of her as she wound her legs around his waist, and her fingers went to his boxers, attempting to tug them off.

A loud bang came onto the door, and as they quickly separated, George walked swiftly into the room, eyes firmly closed. “Is everyone decent?” he asked.

Fred threw a pillow at him, muffling George’s sound of protest as it hit his face. The second Weasley twin opened his eyes, and for the first time all year, Odette witnessed the warmth in his eyes when he looked at her, rather than the dark hatred he had previously emanated. He looked like Fred more than ever, and Odette linked her hand in Fred’s to show his twin that she really did love him. A simple touch could mean so much, especially coming from a cold Slytherin princess.

“I think Lee’s coming up in a minute so you better scarper,” George nodded to Odette.

She got the message and much to Fred’s protests, got out of his bed and quickly changed into her uniform, her legs becoming covered by the white stockings that shaped them nicely.

She turned to kiss Fred, when she felt the Mark begin to burn. She twitched, trying to ignore it, but Fred noticed immediately, and rose to her. The pain became worse and Odette gasped, her hand shooting back to clutch her neck and her knees buckled slightly. Fred caught her in his arms as she stumbled, watching her eyes which were masked in pain.

“Sectumsempra!”

Draco lay in a pool of his own blood in the Hogwarts bathrooms, his wounds leaking the liquid like it would never end. He gasped a breath, choking slightly and his grey eyes watched as the blood mixed with the water he was surrounded by. A ghost knelt beside him, covering her face with her hands and crying pitifully, “you’ve killed him!” she screamed at someone and zoomed away.

Draco gasped again, blood spitting from his mouth as he attempted to breathe. His hand rose feebly to scratch at his chest where it burned, but it fell again, useless…

Odette jumped away from Fred, “Draco!” she cried, clambering onto the windowsill by Fred’s bed. Fred made a noise, trying to go after her, but George held him back and Odette turned to him, “He’s hurt, I need to go to him,” she explained quickly, jumping from view as she transformed and then landed swiftly in the grounds of Hogwarts.

She sprinted back into the castle, ignoring the curious students who stared at her, and within moments she had reached the place where she had seen Draco dying. She gasped as she stumbled into the flooding bathroom, her feet instantly becoming soaked with water. She looked around, at the obvious signs of a duel, the cracked and smashed mirrors, the stone sinks crumbling from spell hits and then the remnants of blood spattered on the walls and floating atop the water.

Odette felt like she couldn’t breathe, an overwhelming feeling of helplessness overcoming her. Where was Draco? Where was her best friend? They needed to stay safe together…what had he done? Or who had done it to him?

Odette turned, running from the eerily silent bathroom and in the direction of the place he had to be, the hospital wing. She arrived gasping, and Severus Snape looked around at her from where he stood by the end of a bed, occupied by a sleeping Draco, covered in bandages.

“Draco!” Odette gasped, stumbling into the room, and sitting gently by the edge of his bed. She picked up his pale hand in her own, stroking it with her thumb. He looked so young, sleeping like that…often she forgot how young they both were with the horrible tasks upon their shoulders.

She brushed a strand of silvery blonde hair back from his face, her hand cupping his cheek and she kissed his forehead tenderly, in a way Draco had never experienced with Odette before. She whispered to him, to stay with her, to sleep peacefully, all the while holding his hand. The malice that was so often in her voice was gone, replaced by a caring they had never heard before. Draco, who was not asleep, kept his eyes shut in pretence, so he could retain the knowledge of Odette holding his hand like that, talking to him like she would talk to Fred. He cherished the moments as they lasted, knowing he would never get them again.

Odette turned to Snape who was still there, “What happened?”

Snape looked at her, bored and spoke in his slow voice, “I believe an altercation between Draco and Potter as per usual Miss Silver. I didn’t know Potter was in the knowledge of such a dark spell like the one he used on Draco. He was lucky I was so close, I knowing the only counter curse…”

Odette hissed in anger, “Potter…he has it coming for him. I’m sick of watching his smarmy face walking around these corridors. What I’d like to do to him if I had my way, if the Dark Lord let me…”

Snape shushed her, looking around for Madam Pomfrey who was in her office, “Careful Odette…don’t become careless.”

Odette scoffed, “Don’t lecture me on being careless Severus, please.” She looked away from him, realising they hadn’t had a conversation since their duel in his office. They had been ignoring each other in class, Odette pretending to give a shit about defending herself against her own magic and Severus pretending he wanted to teach her..

Snape rolled his eyes at her, “I was talking to your father last week. You haven’t been writing to him, he’s becoming concerned.”

Odette looked at him, “My father? Concerned about me? I think not…he’s probably more concerned on his status in the eye of the Dark Lord. I haven’t wanted to write to him…so I haven’t picked up a quill.”

Snape sat down, “Odette, I think he’s coming here again to see you, next week in Hogsmeade. He didn’t seem happy, in fact he was talking of taking you back home, that you were of no use to my lord here anymore.”

Odette froze, looking down at her hands which had clenched into fists. She wouldn’t leave, she would not. She could not leave Fred…not now. Things were so good.

She rose from her place by Draco, turning to leave, “Thank you Severus…for telling me.”

Snape nodded and Odette walked to the door, stopping one more time to look back at her professor, “and…I’m sorry Severus, for what I said about her…about Lily. I should never have mentioned her.”
Snape glanced at her, shock in his dark eyes but he could see the honesty in Odette’s and he nodded again, “I should never have allowed myself to become bait to you, nor her…I never had her Odette but you have him. Don’t let it slip away.”

Odette listened to his advice, and left thinking of it.

~

Harry Potter leaned against the cold stone wall of Hogwarts, breathing heavily. His robes were damp with water and blood, and he was still shaking from his run in with both Draco and then Snape. He had been lucky and he couldn’t forgive himself for what he’d almost done to Draco….why would a spell like that be in a potions book?

He never prepared himself for the spell that hit him and sent him spiralling back onto the hard stone floor, he hadn’t seen it coming. He yelped in pain as his elbow cracked against the surface and looked up in time for a fist to punch him in the face. He struggled to grip his wand, recognising Odette’s furious face as she pushed him back and jinxed him again.

He yelled as pain ran through his body, a thousand knives as she tortured him. When she stopped, he sent her flying back with a different jinx, sending a disarming spell which she dodged. She waved her wand, vapour snakes rising from it and slithering through the air towards him. His eyes widened and he shot a spell at them but it went straight through. One bit him and he yelled as it felt like venom was pumped into his body and he watched Odette’s eyes glitter evilly.

Harry tried to fight back but he realised Odette had experience of these wizardry battles, much like him. She was good with a vast range of dark spells at hand, something which even surprised him. He had underestimated her, as most people seemed to do.

“I know what you are!” he hissed as he dodged a spell, “Death Eater!”

Odette stopped her curses and sneered at Harry, a wicked grin lighting up her face, “Well then, watch out Chosen One….”

Her wand sliced through the air, and cut Harry’s head, causing blood to drip down into his eyes as he fell backwards. Odette walked towards him, kicking his wand out of his hand, breaking his wrist at the same time. Harry yelled and Odette muffled him with a spell.

She leaned over, and a madness danced in her eyes that sent a chill through Harry…Voldemort wouldn’t have to kill him if she did it now. And she would without a doubt.

“Leave him Odette!”

Harry’s eyes widened, he recognised that voice. It filled the Gryffindor common Room everyday. Odette turned towards the voice, as it came closer, “he’s had enough, come on!”

Odette seemed to think about it for a second and then nodded. Harry tried to get up and grab his wand but she pushed him down again, her wand once again flashing through the air at Harry causing him to fall back into a sleep filled with nightmares of writhing, vicious serpents with cutting green eyes..
♠ ♠ ♠
Amazing banner made by JeanJacket on Quizilla.
Hope you like,some shits going to go down from here on in :O
99 comments guys,get me to 100 booya!