Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

The Sorting Hat

Image

Hermione looked up and down the long Gryffindor table as she sat next to Ron and Ginny, scrunching her eyebrows in confusion…

“Ron, where’s Harry? I can’t see him anywhere…”

Ron shrugged and clutched his stomach which had started to grumble loudly, anticipating the feast ahead and scowled as he was cuffed playfully over the head by his older brother George…

No…Fred…

No…it was George…

Fred appeared on the other side of the table humming to himself as he pushed in between Ginny and Hermione, sliding Ginny down the table, ignoring her protests and shouted down the table to Lee Jordan who was wrapped around his new girlfriend Katie Bell.

The loud buzzing of students dimmed slightly at the doors of the Great Hall opened, revealing Professor McGonagall and her usual line of timid first years.

“Who’s she?” Ginny muttered, causing Fred to look up from the wall where he had been preoccupied making shadow puppets with George.

Fred felt his eyes widen and his throat go uncomfortably dry as he watched a girl he’d never seen before walk down the middle of the hall a little way behind the first years…

With raven black hair that streamed behind her as she walked and pale white skin, she was the most beautiful girl Fred had ever seen.

Her blank Hogwarts robes, not yet inscribed with a house crest where open and either side flowed behind her like a pair of wings. She wasn’t wearing the uniform but a simple black dress which dipped subtly low to show the tender beginnings of a perfectly rounded chest. Fred swallowed, struggling to find his voice.

He stared as she reached the top of the hall and the teachers table and stood apart from the first years who gathered anxiously around. She looked almost bored as if this was an everyday occurrence and stood statue still, looking around the Hall with vibrant green eyes which shone in the flickering candlelight.

Fred managed to sneak a quick glance around the Hall and was proven right in his thoughts he wasn’t the only one affected by the appearance of the new female. Many boys were staring gormlessly besides jealous, scowling girls. Ron was staring open-mouth, close to drooling and George kept blinking as if she was going to disappear any second.

“I wonder what house she’ll be in” Ginny mused thoughtfully

Ron’s face lit up in a stupid grin “I hope she’ll be sorted into Gryffindor!” and he moved up on the bench leaving a noticeable gap as if she was going to immediately sit down beside him. Fred would normally tease his youngest brother on how any girl could affect him, but this time he was just as entranced as Ron.

Hermione gave a disgusted snort and Fred noticed how her cheeks tinted red in anger over Ron’s apparent interest in the stranger.

“Isn’t it obvious what house she’ll be sorted in to “

Ron stared at Hermione “Obviously not brain-box if you’re the only one that apparently knows…”

Hermione rolled her eyes “Ronald, that girl has dark magic stamped over every bit of her perfect body…”

Ron glared “No she doesn’t!”

Fred tore his eyes away from the fighting pair and examined the new student and with a horrible feeling, suddenly had to agree with Hermione. The girl wore an expression of disdain as if knowing she was too good for Hogwarts, she stood proud and unbothered by the thousands of eyes upon her and Fred didn’t have to guess that behind her green eyes lay a sharp cunning and intellect.

Ginny suddenly giggled and the group looked at her…

She pointed over to the Slytherin table “Look at Malfoy”

Fred looked over and with a strange sensation of anger noticed Malfoy’s hungry look at the girl, dying to get his hands onto her and fuck her over like he did with every girl.

“Silver Odette” Professor McGonagall’s sharp voice brought Fred to his senses as he watched her walk up to the stool and sit down. He crossed his fingers under the table and with all his hope wished for the sorting hat to shout out Gryffindor.

~

Odette walked up to the stool, passing Professor McGonagall who’s lips were pursed tightly in anger over her tight dress and fought the urge to smirk.

She sat down regally and held her back straight and head high as she passed her sharp eyes over the students before the rough black fabric of the Sorting Hat covered them from view.

She stiffened and waited for the voice in her ear of the magical object.

“Aha…a Silver, it’s been too long”

She knew her father had gone to Drumstrang and the last Silver to walk the halls and corridors of Hogwarts had been her grandfather Rodolphus Silver.

“Hmm…bravery, a lot of courage you possess young lady. You will fight for the ones you love. Die for them even…”

“Determination to succeed and to prove yourself, cunning and a great deal of pride.”

“Your bravery and loyalty overrule must go with-“


Odette couldn’t believe what she was hearing and clutched to the edge of her stool in anger.

“I am not a Gryffindor! I’d rather die then shame my family so…” she yelled in her head furiously.

The Sorting Hat laughed surprised in her ear

“Pureblood pride, I should have known, very well Odette…good luck in…”

“Slytherin!”

“Told you” Hermione said pompously to the crestfallen Rom as Fred felt his heart drop with a sickening thud.

Odette let her face fall into the emotionless mask she had perfected as the perfect pureblood daughter and set her glinting eyes onto the long table decked in silver and green, whose occupants were cheering loudly.

The feast began and Odette looked up as she watched a dark haired boy in Muggle clothing storm into the Hall, a quantity of dried blood on his face. He got closer and Odette felt her lip rise in a snarl as she saw the visible jagged bolt of lightning etched onto his forehead.

“I guess you’ve heard of Pothead then” a voice said to her right.

She turned to the boy who hadn’t been there before and had apparently bullied a terrified first year into switching places with him.

She didn’t say anything as she scanned his platinum blonde hair that fell over a handsome carved face ruled by piercing gray eyes.

“Draco Malfoy I presume?” she stated

Draco raised his eyebrows in surprise that she knew who he was but after all he was the legendary Slytherin prince. Why wouldn’t she know of him…? He let the expression wipe from his face and picked up her delicate, graceful hand and raised it to his lips kissing it respectively allowing his lips to linger longer than usually and to graze her soft skin seductively.

“A pleasure…Miss Silver” ,he drawled in his deep voice, lined with a sexy edge.

Odette let a smirk grace her lips. Mr Malfoy didn’t know it but he had met his match.

“The pleasure is all mine Mr. Malfoy…”
♠ ♠ ♠
So Fred is in seventh year, Harry and Co in sixth. The rest will more or less follow the books :)
and Odette is in SIXTH year...not first...that would be weird...

I'd love comments, subbies, banner?

An idea for Odette