Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Epilogue

There was a small knocking on the door of the Burrow and Molly Weasley dried her tears. She was alone and when she was alone, she found it harder to forget about Fred. She patted her face to gain some colour and hurriedly answered the door, almost slamming the door shut when she recognised the face on the doorstep.

Draco Malfoy stared at Molly Weasley, wondering would she curse him before she could speak and then was surprised when in a gruff tone, she asked, “what do you want?”

Draco hung his head and then looked down at Molly, who was a good deal shorter than him. He noted her red eyes and he shuffled slightly, the bundle in his cloak stirring. Molly seemed to see his bulky person and raised her eyebrows but didn’t enquire as to what he was carrying.

“I was wondering if I could come in. It’s important, regarding Fred...a last wish he bestowed upon me.”

Molly almost began to laugh at the thought of Fred asking Draco to do something for him. But then she remembered that dark shadow of a girl, that strange beautiful girl who apparently had been in a relationship with her Fred. Who seemed so full of dark magic...who had loved Fred even to ask for Death itself.

There was a truth in Draco’s eyes and he was shown into the Burrow. He fought the urge to wrinkle his nose but turned to Molly.

“Fred and Odette lived a life of secrets. Few knew about them Mrs. Weasley, in fact only myself and George. George knows what I’m about to tell you, and has agreed to take the wish if you don’t want to. There’s a letter as well. From Odette.”

Molly didn’t say anything as Draco put a strange silver ball on the kitchen table and when he tapped it with his wand, it became a baby basket. She was frozen into silence when Draco allowed his cloak to fall to either side and he lifted a very young baby from a carrier on his chest. With a tender gentleness, Draco rarely possessed, he placed the sleeping child into the basket, and pushed back the baby down on her head. The baby slept on, her tiny hands curled into fists. She was barely a few months old.

Draco also drew out two pictures from his cloak pocket and placed them on the table. “When they found out she was carrying,” Draco explained, “they got married in a small muggle church in Exeter. She was born the 31st of March.”

Molly looked at the pictures, one was of Odette and Fred on their wedding day, looking happy and peaceful. The other, a picture of the family, when the baby was only a few days old. Odette seemed tired and pale but a joy shone from her that came with the birth of your child.

Draco began to walk out of the room, “George will be here in an hour to hear your decision. Read the letter.” And then Draco left the only thing left he had of Odette, before it became too painful to do so.

Molly opened the letter

Molly,
If you are reading this, both I and your beloved son are dead. If you are reading this, my daughter is now in your house, looking for someone to love her.

I have requested her Godfather, Draco Malfoy, to bring my baby to you. I had always envied Fred’s tales of his childhood and all the love he received from both you and your husband. His adventures with his siblings are something I wish I could have experienced as a child. But I was brought up in a world of Dark Magic that was not right for any child. I had developed a contorted idea of what magic was and should be used for. I don’t what my daughter to grow up like that. I want and need her to be loved and loved well. I am sorry I was not there to do it myself, though I will always be with her.

Fred and I both agree on that fact we would love you to raise her. For her to know her aunties and uncles, her cousins and her family. We would like her to know her godfather too, for he was a great help to us in surviving as a little family.

If you do not agree with our wishes, I think George has spoken of a wish to raise her as his own. If not, Draco will. He loved her the moment she was born and I know he will take care of her.

I hope you will love your grandchild Molly, even if her mother was Odette Silver. I believe she will be a fine child and a brilliant witch. I just hope that perhaps this letter will never come to you and instead it is Fred and I, sitting at your table, introducing you to our little Hope.

Yes, Hope. That is what we named her. Hope Weasley.

Please love her, if I am not there to do it myself,
Odette Weasley.


Molly’s hand shook as she read the letter and a gasp came from her throat. She looked at the tiny baby that like Teddy Lupin was left without a mother or father. The baby stirred at the noises of her Grandmother and then she opened her eyes and underneath the shock of dark hair that lay on her tiny head, large brown eyes peered at Molly Weasley. Fred’s eyes.

Molly laughed suddenly at the happiness she felt and when she reached out to the baby, and Hope caught her Gran’s finger in her hand, Molly already knew her answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so it ends, tahnks to everyone who's every commented.
Please go here now :)
And please comment what you think,even if you hate me for keeping Fred's death.

My wonderful commenters:
faithleilani
Crazysabby
Green Raspberries
Saviour.
This is Pointless
Something Different
Blissful Nightmare;
Charlie...
Evra Von
Chaotic Nightmares
popsicle?
Killing Barbie
Gryffindork -_-
chimerical
Taste
Barmy
decode.me
SaveMeSorrow
KrissParadise
Labat Oceanus
mcgonagiggles
Surreal Dreams
aprilm405
zujakosingsinrain
Evgeni Malkin
SMILE.for.ME
Poison.The.hero
EI Mag
Vanity!?
skitzophrenia
FashionLuver101
Trig-ger
amazinggirl47
celestial_royalty
Milex
Hello Fascination
emilinexXx
blueangelsvntn
A Place For My Head
Ebi-La
Hypemo_O
gymstgrl
teamathlete93
ArticStar
darkfreaxxx
Watching Gravity

LOVE!!!!!
follow me