Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Defending the Arts

Image

Odette sat by the window of the small dark classroom and watched with shaded eyes as the rest of her Defence Against The Dark Arts class filed in, some grumpily meandering their way to the back row, preparing themselves for a horrible hour with the least favourite teacher in Hogwarts, others gossiping with friends about the useless news that had already happened in the castle.

Odette rolled her eyes slightly at two twittering girls and allowed her green orbs to follow the Potter boy as he walked to his seat, his school bag banging against his leg. She asked herself again how could she get close to him? How could she unearth his secrets? He seemed…different to the others boys, more in tune with danger around him which wasn’t a surprise. His eyes didn’t fill with lust when they saw her but rather with a shrewd guard as if he expected the worst at any moment.

“The mind of an auror“, she thought with disgust and her eyes rested to the people beside him. A rather ugly girl sat on his right with busy brown hair and rather large front teeth. She reminded Odette strongly of a squirrel and she fought the urge to snort with undignified laughter. Another boy sat on Potheads left…a tall boy with flaming red hair. Odette felt rather surprised as she reacted to the hair, sitting up and examining the boys face but then felt a shocking stab of disappointment pierce her when she realised he was not the smiling boy from the staircase but a different boy.

Her interest waned and she turned away, catching the eye of the Malfoy son and she smirked at him, knowing her charm, at least, would not go wasted there. She was right as Draco smirked back, licking his lips slightly with the pale pink tip of his tongue.

The classroom door bang shut and Odette looked back to the front of the classroom to Severus Snape with haughty eyes. He began a long speech about defence against the dark arts and she stifled a bored yawn and turned her head to the window and proceeded to watch a Care of Magical Creatures class take place outside, which in her opinion, was far more interesting.

She didn’t hear Snape order the class to pair off to practise non-verbal spell work and jumped slightly as his greasy, hook nosed face suddenly appeared before her own.

“Having fun Miss Silver?”

“A lot Severus” she murmured too low for the class to hear who were already straining with the effort of their assignment “Thank you for asking…”

“You should pay attention in class Odette” Snape warned the girl, who rolled her eyes and shifted in her chair, her long black hair shimmering as the pale September sunlight fell onto it “Your father wants you to learn as well”

She made a quick face at the mention of her father Edwin and then smirked up at her Professor “Severus…why on earth would I want to defend myself against the Dark Arts? I am the Dark Arts…”

Harry was watching the conversation take place out of the corner of his eye and though he could not hear the pair was intrigued in what they could be muttering about. It appeared Snape had a new favourite in Slytherin…must be another on e of Daddy’s ‘friends’.

His eyebrows raised in astonishment as he saw Snape throw his greasy head back and laugh hoarsely. Never in six years could he think of a time where he had seen Snape laugh, let alone show the understanding of joy. It was very strange for Harry and he knew there was something brewing…something that involved Odette Silver.

Snape flashed his eyes around the classroom and looked down on Odette “Odette please partner up…Potter is watching…”

Odette shook her hair over her shoulder as Snape beckoned Draco over “Potter needs to keep his disfigured head where it belongs” she murmured and smirked as Draco laughed

“We’re on the same wavelength anyway” he drawled in a slow, deep voice.

They faced each other as Snape glared, tired of his favourite students slacking and Odette watched with amusement as the handsome Malfoy struggled with the task of performing a non verbal spell. Her father had taught her the basics a long time ago, she being practising magic illegally since the tender age of five and she held back laughter as she gave an unnoticeable flick of her wand, causing an invisible rope to snake its way around Draco’s body…his eyes widened in surprise

“What are you doing?” he demanded

“Draco…” she murmured “please be quiet…I’m learning” she twitched an eyebrow and Draco felt himself being pulled forward against his will, his feet dragging on the floor until he was nose to nose with Odette. She was smirking, loving the feeling of having pulled Draco out of his comfort zone. Draco gulped, this girl was something else!

He allowed Odette to watch him for a moment before struggling helplessly against the tight bonds. Snape strode over and with a silent twitch, freed the boy.

“Twenty points to Slytherin Miss. Silver. Well done” their professor murmured, ignoring Hermione’s own successful attempts.

Draco walked over to Odette who had settled herself on the corner of Snape’s desk, watching the rest of the class, a now familiar bored expression on her face.

“Show off” he muttered

Odette smirked at the blonde boy and ran a soft finger down his pale cheek

“Oh…stop being jealous Draco…it doesn’t suit you. You’ll get it eventually”

Draco ignored the girls cocky attitude only because he realised she was the female equivalent of himself. Self righteous, proud and arrogant…a true green and silver Slytherin.
They watched Potter bag himself a detention and as the Gryffindor bent down to retrieve his bag as class ended, a picture nailed to the wall beside him fell, hitting the corner of his head with an extremely painful crack and he had to suppress a howl of pain as Hermione gasped.

He hissed and cursed to himself, rubbing his head and looked up to see Odette staring innocently at him from her perch on the desk. Her hand was in the pocket of her black Hogwarts robes and Harry knew this strange Slytherin was a lot more darker and dangerous than she looked….
♠ ♠ ♠
So...got home today from a trip what wa sthe first thing I did...make a chapter for you guys of course...
:)
And I know y'all are probs like "Why Draco?Get him out and bring in Fred!!!" but Draco does play a big big and he's important...and sexy....so he's here to stay :P

Please comment my good people...
x