Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Sneaking

Image

Odette had been in Hogwarts only one day, and already, she owned the school hallways. As she glided through the corridors of the stone castle, the crowd of students seemed to part as if she were Moses and they her Red Sea. She held a secret, wicked authority all ready.

All the boys wanted her and all the girls wanted to be her but there was an underlying fear in the admiration and respect she was receiving. There was something sinister in her perfect body, and those intelligent sharp green eyes.

She walked alone. The only person she had seen to converse with was Draco and other than him, no one. Not even Pansy and her trail of sluts had come to fawn at her feet like little puppies.

But Odette didn’t want to make friends. She wasn’t here to make friends, she wasn’t here to be liked, she wasn’t here to be in love affairs. She was here for a reason and that reason was Harry Potter and what he was doing.

Odette stood outside in the draughty dungeon corridor, waiting quietly for the Potions Master to allow the sixth years into the classroom.

For once, she was not flanked by Malfoy. He had finally decided to leave her alone, and he was whispering to Blaise Zabini about something nearer the classroom door. Her eyes flashed over to where Harry, Ron and Hermione where standing straight across from her. They were all chatting animatedly.

She frowned a little, her forehead creasing slightly. She had never had friends. Her father had told her for as long as she could remember that only the weak made friends. The strong and the powerful stood alone. And that was what she had always done. She had always been alone.

But now as Odette surveyed the faces of those around her, she suddenly thought would it be of any harm if she made a friend? It was something new to her, but she couldn’t she try it? She glanced at Draco, his cold grey eyes were zooming around the dungeon suspiciously as he talked to Blaise and then she turned to the trio, all their eyes were happy as they conversed. They needed each others company. She was in a school with thousands of students, she had never been with people her age before…just one friend.

Suddenly as though her master knew her very thoughts, the mark burned into her skin suddenly blazed with a fierce pain and she gasped loudly, her hand flying up to her neck to grab the tender skin. She dropped her hand immediately as she noticed Hermione direct her gaze at her and she sneered at the Gryffindor. Hermione turned pink and looked away as Professor Slughorn opened up the door and ushered his sixth years into the class.

Odette quickly fled to the back bench, shivering slightly at the cold that rose from the stone wall beside her. She looked blankly ahead, not listening to Professor Slughorn talk. She had always hated Potions. In her opinion it was a waste of time, she had no ability at the art nor did she have any desire to master it. She wondered again, how her father had managed to hoodwink her into taking it.

She sniffed as a pleasant smell wafted towards her from one of the cauldrons on the front benches. It was beautiful, the nicest thing she had ever smelled and Odette found herself leaning towards that particular scent, wanting to bathe herself in it.

Slughorn announced it was the most powerful love potion in the world, Amortentia, and Odette smirked. She needed no love potion, she could attract men as she was.

She leaned quietly in towards Draco, who had seated himself in front of her, and sniffed. But the smell she was attracted to wasn’t the smell of Draco…it must be the smell of another. Draco smelled nice by all means, a mix of pinewood and expensive cologne but the scent drifting from the Amortentia solution was a mix of what must be gunpowder and spearmint.

Slughorn quickly set them all the task of completely a Draught of the Living Death and Odette sighed, annoyed and pushed the hair back off her face. She flipped to the right page in her copy of Advanced Potion Making. She read through the fifteen steps to completion, got to number five and sat down…she wasn’t bothered anymore.

Professor Slughorn glanced at her, sweeping his eyes over her face, her pale skin, arched eyebrows and vicious green eyes reminded him at once of her grandfather Rodolphus.

He approached her “Miss Silver, do you feel unwell?”

Odette stared up at the fat professor, and ignored Draco who turned around curiously “No”, she replied shortly.

“Then why will you not complete your potion? Surely you want a chance of winning some Felix Felicis?”

Odette lips pouted slightly, and raised into a now familiar smirk “I don’t need luck professor”

Slughorn chuckled, surprised at her answer, but the smile he wore on his mouth did not reach his eyes. He remembered her grandfather well, they had been in school together and had often been seen bullying the younger years, or boasting about his pureblood ancestry. He had been the most feared student in the year, being both very powerful and very intimidating. It appeared Odette had inherited her grandfathers way of making people feel inferior to her.

He chose to ignore her remark and turned around to judge the rest of the classes work. He would not choose a fight, and especially not with a student that was a Silver

~

Later that night, Odette was waiting by the Grand Hall. She stood silent in the shadows, and said nothing as Harry Potter walked straight past her, not even noticing her. He was going to meet Dumbledore….she had overheard him at lunch.

She waited a moment before wrapping her black robes close to her thin body and followed him, keeping to the wall.

She watched as he walked quickly towards a large stone gargoyle. That must be where Dumbledore’s office was and she shrunk back as he turned left and right, making sure he was not followed. He did not spot the long, dark figure pressed to the wall.

“Acid Pops” he whispered and the Gargoyle jumped aside, allowing him to pass it and jog up the long winding staircase.

Odette stared with narrow eyes and then slowly moved towards the gargoyle. She pressed her hand to the rough stone, examining the ugly statue. She was about to whispered the words when a loud chattering sounded.

She jumped violently as two people rounded the corner and she leaned against the wall, staring moodily. The boy bent down towards the girl he was with and whispered something in her ear, causing her to giggle loudly. The girls eyes caught Odette’s figure against the wall, causing the boy to turn and look as well. Odette stiffened, it was the smiling boy from the staircase.

She looked away as his brown eyes searched her and then he turned to the girl he was with. He walked a little further up the hall and then hugging her tightly, they parted. Odette watched, ignoring the stabs of sudden jealousy. She had nothing to be jealous about as she felt nothing towards him…..she told herself sternly.

He walked over towards her, his long legs reaching her position in five strides.

“What are you doing?” he asked

Odette looked at him “What does it matter to you what I’m doing?”

The boys lips quirked into a beautiful smile “Well….hanging around old Dumbie’s office makes me question your motives, my lady”

He gave a theatrical bow and swept off an invisible hat. Odette fought the urge to smile.

He cocked his head to the side, staring at her like a puppy “You’re alone…why are you alone?”

“Because I like being on my own…because then I don’t have annoying prats like you disturbing my peace” she spat at him…

Instead of causing him hurt, the boy smiled “Ah dear Odette, Slytherin Queen….”

Odette snorted, very unlady like and rose from the wall.

“You’re…strange” she decided, walking away from the boy.

He laughed joyfully “I’m not strange! I’m….”

“Fred!” another voice echoed through the corridors and a boy sprinted up towards the pair. Odette blinked….he looked exactly like her smiling boy.

She turned towards her smiling boy and he grinned “I’m Fred!”

She looked towards the other boy, who unlike Fred was not smiling at her, but was now staring at her rather coldly

“You’re twins” she stated the obvious, her unbothered voice seemed to vibrate off the walls.

She snarled at the other twin and then turned to Fred “Goodnight….Fred” and she walked away.

Fred watched her and snapped out of his daydream as George slapped him on the arm “Fred…what were you doing talking to her? She’s a Slytherin”

Fred snorted “So? If my memory serves me correctly, you slept with that Slytherin girl Frances Dodd last year”

George grinned at the memory and then shook his head “Yeah…but that’s different…she’s a different kind of Slytherin mate…she’s a fucking serpent…don’t trust her”

Fred looked down the hallway that Odette had disappeared down and quietly whispered “I know”
♠ ♠ ♠
I would have had this out yesterday but then I stupidly didn't save what I wrote on microsoft.
Excuse the shitiness....
Enter my contest
xxx