Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Dark Marks

Image

Odette did not pause on her way back to the castle after witnessing the Gryffindors curse. She stalked with a purpose, taking lengthy graceful strides down the now familiar route to the Slytherin dungeon Common Room.

She muttered the password to the snide portrait and felt the hush that fell on the students as she entered the room, like always. She smirked to herself. They were still scared of her, and that was good. She could not afford distractions such as friendships, she had come to realise that and firmly scolded herself everytime she thought of Fred. A distraction, that’s what he was.

She scanned the common room; her eyes wandering over the elegant marble fireplace, to the comfortable green leather armchairs whose fabric shimmered with an almost malicious gleam in the firelight. She passed over faces that lay no importance to her, and finally sighed. Draco wasn’t here.

Chatter resumed as she disappeared up the staircase leading to the boys dormitories though several eyes still followed her up the steps. She could feel their resentful stares burning into her back.

She opened the door to Draco’s room as if she had been there many times before though this was her first. A shocked silence fell onto the four boys in the room, lounging on their beds. Crabbe and Goyle stared at her, and Blaise raised his eyebrows. Odette only looked at Draco who kept his face impassive, though she hadn’t missed the look of surprise and satisfaction that had passed through his cold, grey eyes.

She turned her stabbing green eyes onto the others “Leave us” she ordered.

Crabbe and Goyle recognising the commanding alpha tone, left at once, not wanting to anger the female version of Draco. Blaise hesitated, his curiosity causing his eyes to flicker between Odette and Draco as if a silent message was hovering in the air between the two. He was disappointed but the snarl that escaped Odette’s mouth towards him held a message that spoke directly to him. He uttered a quick “See you later” and scarpered from the room.

Draco’s eyes followed Blaise out the door and when the door shut quietly behind him he waved his wand. The click of the lock was loud in the otherwise silent room and for extra measure added the silencing charm.

He smirked then, making himself comfortable on his bed “I knew you’d succumb to my charm sooner or later”

Odette didn’t say anything, just moved closer to Draco, causing him to smirk wider “Hesitant, princess?”

Now, Odette tilted her head to one side, and pursed her lips. She crawled onto the four poster bed, draped in the green Slytherin curtains and crawled towards Draco. She straddled him, pushing him down onto the mattress. He reached up to push her hair back and she grasped his shoulder. He felt his arousal grow, loving how dominant she was already. He winced uncomfortably as her nails dug into his arm and then in a quick jerk she ripped the sleeve of his arm from the shoulder down.

She sprang back with him; a triumphant smirk on her face and Draco tried and failed to cover the dark skull on his arm. He couldn’t believe he had fallen for that and he hated how smug Odette was looking.

Odette sat beside Draco again and took his arm. She felt him stiffen and she shushed him, running her slender finger down and around the ugly mark burned into his skin which was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The work of her master always amazed her and Draco was almost frightened by the manic look that took over her eyes as she stared at it.

She raised his arm to her mouth, kissing it softly and flicked her tongue out to lick at Draco’s skin, purely for amusement. She watched as Draco gasped, and his arousal was evident. She dropped his arm and waited for him to speak.

She didn’t wait long “...How...how did...?” he spluttered

Odette sighed “Draco...I’ve known since I first walked into this castle. I knew who you were before you introduced yourself to me...the Dark Lord chooses well...but don’t you think that trick with Katie Bell was foolish?”

Draco’s trademark calm composure fell and his face grew ghostlike pale and Odette smirked, loving how scared she was making him, her voice was laced with an evil malice that Voldemort would have been proud of “I know...perfectly well, how you have placed Madam Rosmerta of The Three Broomsticks under an impressively strong Imperius Curse...and you controlled her today, causing her to give that cursed necklace to Katie Bell and ordered her to give it to Dumbledore...”

Draco’s voice was priceless, and Odette continued “But your plan failed Draco...Katie was cursed herself, witnessed by wonder boy Potter himself and now he had full suspicions of you and your actions.”

Draco became angry “How do you know this Silver?” he shouted, frightened

Odette did not blink as she scoffed at Draco and she stood up. Her lean, tall frame was threateningly powerful in the room that now seemed very small “Don’t flatter yourself Draco. Did you think that you are the only Death Eater with a mission? I have achieved something even your dear Aunt Bellatrix was never able to do. “

Draco suddenly understood and he shot to his face, grabbing Odette’s arm in a strong grip but hesitated as Odette laughed “Don’t bother looking there Draco...my mark makes yours inferior.”

Draco grasped her by the shoulders and spun her around, ripping her long black hair away from her neck to stare at the twisted snakes that were burned into her skin. He gasped and stepped away from her “You! You’re the favourite! He chose you...”

Odette sat Draco down “I’m stronger than I seem Draco...your mission is important and I’m going to help you with it. You’re losing your focus...”

Draco looked away from her, his body tense and Odette placed a tentative arm on his thigh. He looked at her and for the first time, each of them realised how young the other was. They were the youngest Death Eaters in history, with missions that if they failed, meant their life was forfeit. They had to stick together.

Odette placed her lips on Draco’s, feeling a pleasant surprise as he kissed her back forcibly, running his hand through her hair and biting at her lip. She pushed her tongue past his and they wrestled for a moment. Draco groaned into her mouth as she ran her hand further up his thigh and she smirked, pulling away

“Just promise me one thing Draco”

“What?”

“Leave Potter to me...he’s mine”

Draco smirked “I promise...”

Odette mirrored his smirk “Good” and she walked out of the room, leaving Draco alone on his bed.

~

That night, Fred whistled cheerfully as he walked down to the kitchens, intent on asking for a very big, double cheese pizza. All for him. He skirted down the torch lit dungeon corridors and pause at the portrait of the fruit bowl. He cocked his head, he could hear someone whimpering.

He looked around the nearest corner and his eyes widened at surprise. Odette was huddled against the wall, one arm clamped around the back of her neck as if in pain and she was stifling gasps that proved she was in pain. She leaned her head against the cold stone of the wall, not seeing Fred and he turned away slipping into the kitchens.

She moaned again, thinking her weakness unheard as another crippling pain burned from her mark all the way down her spine. Her Master was angry. She had not yet found out anything about Harry Potter and she knew if she did not find anything soon, she may be in danger. Lord Voldemort was becoming impatient and he did not like to be kept waiting. He was punishing her now and she deserved it. She deserved it...

A gently hand touched her shoulder and she span, guilty. It was Fred and she cringed away from him, not wanting anyone to see her like this.

Fred’s eyes were soft, so unlike his twins and he held a steaming goblet of hot chocolate. He held it out to Odette “I thought you might need this” he whispered softly.

Odette took it gratefully and the warmth soothed her. She didn’t move away as Fred slid down the wall to sit beside her and though she stiffened as he put an arm around her, to draw her closer to his body, she did not object.

Fred rubbed her arms, she seemed very cold and he stared at her as she drank her drink, her eyes were fixed on the floor. She could not seem to look at him. He raised a hand to her neck “Is your neck hurting?” he asked, moving to brush the hair away.

Odette jerked violently and Fred frowned as the empty goblet fell to the floor with a clatter. He had seen her mark but did not know what it meant. Odette was shaking as she stared at him. Fred smiled “You’ve a tattoo?”

Odette visibly relaxed as she realised sweet, innocent Fred had no idea to the meaning of the twisted image he had just seen. She nodded “It’s a secret, don’t tell anyone...”

Fred grinned and crossed his heart “Promise”

Odette looked away, fighting away a smile and she sighed, wanting to lean into Fred, to kiss him as she had kissed Draco but she couldn’t. Distractions...

She got up abruptly “I have to go” and walked away without looking back, leaving Fred alone again, to stare after her.

She shook her head. Distractions.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(
Guys, if you couldn't read the layout you could have told me.. wouldn't have been mad, I would have changed it no bother.
Its stupid, but being reported makes me feel so shitty and betrayed. I know it probs wasn't you guys at all and someone who just clicked onto the story...but meh...I changed it anyway and I hope it's better now.
Yay for Fred...and you probably can all guess Odette isn't very sweet and innocent. She makes Draco look like a good boy. She's evil.
Meheheh...
New banner, thanks to Chaotic Nightmares! Big thanks and kisses!
comment
x