Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Jealousy

Image

Odette passed the students on the corridors, her black Hogwarts robes whipping around her as she strode purposefully to the entrance doors, her long pale legs stretched out in front of her, deliciously teasing many of the male population. Her face remained still and cold as she walked down the Hogwarts lawns, and when she knew she was no longer being watched, tapped her head with her wand, muttering a spell.

She shivered slightly as the liquid like feeling ran through her, the Disillusionment Charm working its magic. She looked down to her hands and with a satisfied smirk noted they were camouflaged against the green grass. She continued walking, her steps becoming quieter and softer on the ground as she neared the looming shadow of the Forbidden Forest.

She sighed softly as she entered the close, dark surroundings of the forest, her posture relaxing and her lips twitched in an almost smile for the briefest moment. To many, the forest was full of unknown dangers, threatening shadows and terrorising nightmares. To Odette, the forest was a relaxation spot. She already felt relaxed and at ease. The darkest thing in this forest...was herself.

She looked back at the castle, already almost hidden from her view. Hagrid’s hut was closer, the classroom of Care of Magical Creatures. It was the only class her father had allowed her to choose for herself. All the others were for her assignment for the Dark Lord. Care of Magical Creatures was fun and Odette had never known a kinder, gentler man or rather half breed than Hagrid, It had amazed her, the tenderness he had shown the creatures of the magical world with his overly large size. She had already reprimanded Draco several times for calling him “a brainless oaf” in her presence.

Odette continued to walk, relishing the isolation she had in here. The castle was so full of people it was a terrible job trying to find time for herself. But here, that is what she got. She passed several Thestrals, their skeletal hindquarters leathery and worn. She ran her hands over them, speaking quietly to a younger one, knowing they could understand her.

Finally, she reached a small clearing and sank into some soft moss at the base of a tree. She tilted her head upwards, leaning against the bark and closed her eyes. Her hand raised automatically to caress the mark on the back of her neck, tracing the twisted heart...memorising its shape, its meaning.

It began to burn and Odette cried out once, before biting her lip to stop herself, not caring as the iron taste of blood hit her tongue. He was angry....again.

Behind her eyes, she could see him, her master, Lord Voldemort. His red eyes were tight with rage, his mouth cruel and twisted.

“You have not succeeded Odette” he whispered in Parseltongue, there were others in the room and they frowned as they could not understand him. Odette felt smug that she could share this with her master, as they could not. She was the one they envied. She was chosen...
But he was disappointed in her, angry at her...and the room in which Odette had been transported to in her mind seemed to mock her. She felt herself shrink backwards, and immediately felt ashamed.

“Coward” her mind whispered to her. She forced herself to raise her head higher and stand taller, proud and brave. Her green eyes met his and he hissed softly between his teeth,

“You gave me no time frame my Lord....I have not succeeded yet. It is a work in progress, I will not fail you. You know I will not fail you. I will prove myself worthy to you my Lord. I am yours, your servant...you chose me, I can do this.”

Voldemort’s eyes narrowed, as Odette’s seductive snake tongue hissed around the room. He had chosen her and now as he looked at the beautiful girl, begging for his approval he smiled viciously. She was his, and he would use her as he wished.

“You better not my Swan...or you will not like the consequences” he did not fail to miss the spark of fear that flashed for a millisecond across her green eyes.

“Do not doubt me My Lord” she whispered again, bowing her head and he passed the wand over her, releasing her
.

“Odette, wake up”

The unfamiliar voice jolted Odette to her senses, and she rose quickly from where she had been slumped on the ground. She stared wickedly at the girl in front of her who stared quite cheerfully back. She looked very odd, with long dirty blonde hair reaching her waist and large grey eyes.

“Who are you?”

The girl smiled, turning to walk away, skipping slightly “I’m Luna Lovegood” she sang, her voice dreamy and wispy.

Odette stared at her some more “Luna Lovegood...how did you find me? I came here to be alone”

Luna turned to look at her and laughed dreamily “I didn’t come here to look for you. I came, looking for some wargnuglies, daddy told me they might be found here, and I heard you screaming...and I found you”

“I...wargnuglies? Screaming...I wasn’t screaming” Odette spat

“Wargnuglies, they’re small pink lizards with green boils on their tongues. Their acid can cure Spattergroit” she replied matter of fact “And you were screaming...you sounded as if you were in a lot of pain. Are you all right?”

Odette almost raised her hand to touch her tingly mark but stopped herself in time “Yes I’m fine...thank you”

Luna smiled “I’m glad...it’s nice to meet new people”

Odette studied Luna “I suppose it is...”

Odette began to walk away but she stopped suddenly and turned to Luna once again “We should go to Hogsmeade sometime Luna...I find you...interesting”

The beam that Luna sent her in answer gladdened Odette’s mood and it was with a happier heart she set back to the castle. She would not worry about the Dark Lord for a moment; she would not be able to forget about it.

She entered the castle and began to walk quietly towards the dungeons

“What were you doing outside Odette?”

The voice made her jump and she clutched her chest as Fred Weasley appeared in front of her “You really like to scare me “

Fred smiled “Yeah..I do. It makes you look human”

Odette frowned “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Fred smiled, touching Odette’s lips. She froze under his feel and felt tingles hit the places he touched “It is alright to smile now and again Odette...” he whispered, stepping a little closer to her.

Odette allowed her mouth to freeze up; as did her face “I don’t do cheerful Fred...”

Fred reached up to brush a leaf out of Odette’s hair and she shied away slightly “Just don’t Fred...” she whispered

Fred opened his mouth to say something more but another drawling voice reached them “Is he bothering you Odette?”

Draco Malfoy appeared as if by magic at Odette’s side and Fred backed away, scowling ferociously. A look that Odette believed looked very out of place on his face made for smiling.

Odette shook her head “No, he’s not Draco...”

Fred couldn’t help but notice how Draco’s hand was resting lightly on Odette’s waist and a fierce jealousy suddenly clouded his vision. He heard Odette sigh, bored and begin to walk away. Draco followed her and as Fred turned to watch them go, he saw Draco sing his arm around Odette’s shoulder to whisper something into her ear. He closed his mouth tight to keep from yelling something and walked quickly back to Gryffindor tower. Was he really jealous of a Slytherin?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys
please comment :)
x