Sequel: The Next Best Thing
Status: Finished. Completed. Done.

Last Flight Home

Woah Woah Please Wait Till I Come Home

Alex sat on the plane, clutching his hands together and waiting for it to land.

"Please put on your seat belts, we're away to descend." a voice said through the tanoid.

Alex looked down to his already belted seat belt, he waited nervously. The thought of seeing Rachel made his stomach tie itself into knots.

"I hope this goes well," he muttered to himself.

___________

"Hey, can you give me the number to Rachel Green?" Alex asked, phoning up the local directory. The woman at the end of the phone was no hope to him.

"She's made her number personal, no-one unless an emergency can get it," the woman said. Alex huffed.

"It is an emergency," he breathed and the lady sighed.

"I'm sorry, personal experiences and break-ups are not an emergency," she replied and Alex glared, even though he knew she couldn't see him.

"Well can you give me Caren Green's number?" he asked. He could basically feel the woman smile at the other end.

"I'm glad you asked, because I'm not allowed to suggest," she said and gave him the number.

____________

"Look, Caren, I just need to know where she is," Alex breathed, walking through the buildings of Brooklyn; he was lost to say the least.

"I'm not telling you, you are not ruining her life again," she snarled and Alex rolled his eyes, Caren was always stubborn.

"Caren, I just want to talk to her and get over her," Alex mumbled and he heard Caren sigh.

"No," she shot back and Alex threw his fist violently in front of him, his body raging.

"Look, I'm lost trying to get to yours and I'm also very irritated, just tell me!" he raged. Caren cackled, almost like a witch.

"You're outside it, I can see you," she replied and hung up.

"Bitch," Alex muttered and made his way to the building before him.

_____________

"You do know I could get you done for stalking," Caren muttered, handing him a bottle of water. He sat down on the sofa, glaring at the woman before him.

"Caren, you have to tell me," Alex pleaded, and Caren looked at him, feeling guilty with herself.

"No, I can't," she mumbled to herself and shook her head. "Look, you've done enough damage, she's settled back down here. She's happy," Caren said, taking a sip of her tea.

Alex slouched back, throwing himself backwards. "I need her," Alex mumbled and Caren laughed slightly venomously.

"If that was the case, you wouldn't have been such a cheat!" she exclaimed and Alex shot up, staring back at her.

"Don't start," he said and Caren raised an eyebrow.

"You were such an idiot!" she continued, "You had everything you wanted; a gorgeous girlfriend, fantastic house and the career of a lifetime, and you threw away the most important person to you."

"I KNOW!" Alex shouted, standing up. "Ugh," he said, throwing his arms in the air and letting them fall, "You think I don't know this? I'm torn up about it, I want to apologize, to tell her I'm sorry, but how can I do that when her aggressive and protective sister won't even tell me where she is!" he screamed.

Caren sat quietly, staring at the cup before her. She gulped, guilt flooding her body. She knew the best thing was to let them see each other; although Rachel was happy here, she wasn't content.

"No, I refuse to," she whispered, then looked up at him, a small smile on his lips, she checked her watch, realizing the time. "But I'm sure the small downtown café has fantastic coffee. Now get out."

______________

Alex kicked the ground before him, the pavement crumbling at the curb. He had given up hope, he knew this was pointless. Caren would never have been any help, she couldn't stand him.

"Stupid bitch," he muttered to himself, angered with Caren. He walked into the little café that was before him and looked around, there were a few people in, drinking coffee and eating some small snacks.

He made his way to the counter and looked at the menu.

"I'll just have a small black coffee," he said and the girl nodded her head, away to make his order.

"Can I take your order?" the other waiter asked.

"I'll have a cappuccino with extra cream and caramel," a voice said and Alex instantly lifted his head, he knew that order and that voice.

Their eyes met, and Alex felt his chest tighten. Her blue eyes were wide and confused, the corners of her mouth were turned up slightly, a small smile, but only a small one.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking at him. She pushed her brown hair back from her face as her mouth was left hanging open.

"I came to find you," he whispered in reply and Rachel shook her head.

"You shouldn't have," she replied and Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"I had to," he mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another part.
I might write another laterrrr..
It'll get good again, I promise.
I don't know how many more of these there is.
I think there's quite a few.
Oh and the new stories are coming soon!
I'll post links, don't worry!