Love Is a Lie

The Truth

“Do you want some hot chocolate love?” Jason asked.

“Yes please.” I answered. Jason kissed my forehead and continued to the kitchen. I sat in my bedroom thinking. Maybe I should ask him if he did it. Yeah. I will look him right in the eye, and have him tell me the truth.

But what if it was him? Would he tell me? I grunted. Life is so difficult. I grabbed my pillow and chucked it at the wall nearly hitting Jason.

“Sorry hun.”

Jason handed me my hot chocolate. It was my favorite mug. The one Elise painted for me… I sighed and took a sip. “Don’t you want any hun?” He shook his head. I frowned. He could tell I was having a hard time and the fact that he is being accused of the murder makes everything worse.

“Jason. Can I ask you something?” He nodded.

I looked him straight in the eye. “Jason, did you murder my younger sister?”

There was an incredible long moment of silence. “Yes…”

My mouth dropped. Did he just admit it? “Why?”

“That is for me to know and you never to find out.” He lifted up his pant leg and beneath it was a large kitchen knife taped to his leg. He pulled out the knife. “Trust me. This will hurt me more than it hurts you.” He dangled the knife over my head.

“Jason! Please don’t do this!”

“Fine… I have a new plan.” I made a run for the bedroom door but he caught my arm and yanked me back. He put the knife only centimeters from my throat. “You will do as I say.” I nodded. “Stay.”

He grabbed my cell phone and threw it out of the room. He removed the knife from my throat and walked out. I made a break for the door but he had beaten me to it. It was locked. My heart began to pound. I seized the house phone and dialed 911.

“911. Please state your emergency,” the woman on the phone said.
“My boyfriend is trying to kill me. He killed my sister the other night. Please you have to help me!”

No answer. The phone had gone dead. He cut the phone line. I panicked again. I heard a noise on the other side of the door. I could see his shadow beneath the door. The lock began to turn and my heart began to race. The door burst open and Jason grabbed me. He quickly put tape over my mouth and yanked on my hair.

“Remember, you promised to do what I say.” He pulled out a rope from his back pocket. He pulled me over to the railing of the stairs. Jason tied the rope tightly around my neck. I began to hear sirens. I am saved.

“Damn. The cops. Lets get this over with.” He leaned toward my ear and said, “Love you…” Then he pushed me over the edge to my death…