‹ Prequel: Mysophobia
Status: Complete.

The Harsh Truth

Averi

I’m not exactly sure what I was thinking or if I was thinking at all. All that I knew was one second Sky and I was exiting the theatre and the next he was cowering beside me. He pointed out a man in the crowd and told me who he was and that was when I just…cracked.

The man who caused all this was right there he was right across the room. All I had to do was run over there and I’d be in front of the reason of all this shit, all of Skyler’s pain, everything.

And do you honestly think I’d let that son of a bitch get away without faking the consequences? He had touched my Skyler. He had hurt, scarred, frightened my Skyler. Like hell I was going to let him get away with it!

The next thing I knew, my fist connected with his skull, his jaw, and his stomach. I used as much force in each punch as I could, making sure that he could feel the pain, although it will never be as bad as Skyler’s.

I won’t be able to make him feel as horrible as him. I won’t be able to bring him down as far as he had Sky, but that didn’t stop me from trying.

I pulled my fist back before I hit him again, again, again, until I could feel the warmth of blood on my knuckles and the sound of rushing footsteps, which probably meant mall cops.

“If you touch him again,” I hiss, holding the man up by the collar of his shirt. “I’ll kill you.”

I dropped the garbage then and ran off away from the scene of the crime. I jogged around a corner to find Sky sitting on a bench with his head in his hands.

I walked over to him before getting on my knees before him. He must have noticed because he looked up at me and sighed, “You shouldn’t have done that.”

“I wasn’t going to let him hurt you without facing the consequences,” I hissed before fisting my hands into my jeans. I glared at the ground as I twisted the fabric of my pants between my fingers. “He hurt you Sky. He hurt us both whether he knows it or not. That bastard deserves worse then that.”

Silence followed after I spoke. I began to wonder why all this had to happen to us. Was it because we’re gay? Is that it? Is this our punishment for loving the same gender? Because if it is, that’s total bullshit!

“Averi…lets just go home,” Sky sighs before grabbing my hand in his own and standing, pulling me along with him.

I nod and lean my head on his shoulder for a moment. Breathing in through my nose Skyler’s scent hits my nostrils and my tense muscles relax.

“Ok,” I whisper. “I need a shower.”

“You smell like shit,” Sky jokes, immediately putting a smile on my face.

~

I dried my hair with the towel as I stalked towards the kitchen. I could smell something and it smelt really good.

“What are you cooking?” I ask curiously as I lay the towel around my neck.

Sky looked back at me and I grinned like an idiot when his face lights up like a Christmas tree. I couldn’t really blame him though since we haven’t really seen much of each other. I mean if he was standing dripping wet in front of me with only a towel on I’d blush too, but that is beside the point.

“D-Dinner,” Sky answers before throwing whatever it was onto a plate. I whined as he hid it from me.

“What type of dinner?”

“A goo-good one?”

I roll my eyes before walking over to him. Sky tensed for a second when I put an arm around his waist, but after a little bit his muscles relaxed and he leaned back into my chest. I sighed as I rested my face in his hair and took in his scent.

Is it just me or do you always seem to be addicted to your boyfriends or girlfriends scent?

“I’m sorry,” I whisper into his dark hair.

“For what?” Sky asks as he intertwines our fingers.

“Today,” I answer with a frown. “We were having fun until-”

“Forget about it,” Sky cut me off and turned in my arms to look up at me. “I don’t blame you for it. Just…forget about it.”

I bit my bottom lip and was about to apologize again but Sky decided then would be a good time to shove the stir-fry he made into my face. I nearly drooled just looking at it…

“Did I mention that I love you?” I asked as I stared at the glorious creation before me and I didn’t mean the stir-fry.

Skyler smiled softly before shrugging.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad for my boys =[
They need some McLovin'!

Comment&Subscribe?