‹ Prequel: Mysophobia
Status: Complete.

The Harsh Truth

Skyler.

It's the weirdest feeling, having a dog feel you up. Now, this wasn't just any dog. This was Alex's golden lab. The huge dog had his head on my crotch, as I was seated on the couch, and I could feel his breath against my member. I gasped, slowly pushing his head away.

Alex laughed, "Sorry about him..."

"I-it's... o-okay." I stuttered, as I brought my knees up to my chest.

Alex called his dog into the other room, and he locked the dog out of the room.
"He's horny all the time."

I laughed, "I could tell."

“He has the biggest crush on Tayden.” Alex laughed, “You two look a lot alike, so he’s bound to be making moves on you.”

I nodded, “But he’s a dog.”

“Yep.” Alex nodded.

I came to see Alex right after Averi left home for school. I didn’t want to stay home alone today: I feel lonely enough whenever Averi is gone. Actually being alone wouldn’t make me feel any better.

“It’s fine. I just wasn’t expecting it.”

Alex laughed, “I’m sorry that I didn’t warn you.”

Alex and I had begun talking less about the dog and more about Averi. He had asked me about him, asking where he was, leaving me to explain how Averi was at school.

“I think it’s sweet that you’re letting him go to school. Are you even going to see him tonight?” Alex asked, “I thought you worked tonight.”

I sighed, ‘I quit. I know I shouldn’t have. It’s going to make things tough when we have to pay for his next semester of school, but I had to. It was too frustrating.”

“Work isn’t always perfect, Hun. You just have to deal.”

I groaned, “I’m not dealing with that.”

Alex laughed, knowing what I meant. All the kids turning all the instruments on and playing them: they gave me headaches, and I couldn’t help but lose my temper.

“Does Averi know, yet?”

“Not yet.” I sighed.

Alex sat down next to me, and he patted my thigh, “If you get a job before his next semester, you won’t have to tell him you quit.”

“I thought about that.” I bit my lip, “I filled out applications, already.”

Alex winked, “You’re starting to think a lot like me, Sky. It’s something worth worrying about.”

I giggled, and I moved his hand off my leg.
“I know.”

I stood up, “It’s almost five. I better head home. I’ll see you and Taye tomorrow?”

“Whenever you wake, head on over. We could all watch movies or something.”

“Sounds great.” I walked through the door, saying goodbye as I closed it.

I called a taxi. The white car pulled to a stop in front of me, and I climbed in and handed him a twenty.

“Drop me off at the corner of Parker and Stone Avenue, please.”

He nodded, taking the single bill, and he pulled away. The ride was silent, except during turns when the car’s tires squealed. He pulled up to the corner, and I climbed out of the small car.

I pushed open the door to the apartment complex, and I greeted the attendant.
“Hey, Fran.”

The woman at the desk smiled up at me, “Good afternoon, Skyler. Averi already came home. He was starting to wonder where you were. He called down not so long ago.”

I sighed, “I’m heading up. I’ll see you tomorrow, alright?”

“Sure thing, Skyler.”

I rode the elevator up to the second floor, and I headed to my apartment. I didn’t even get to the door, and it had already swung open.

Averi ran over to me, “Where was that amazing greeting I had gotten yesterday?”

“It’s in the past.” I grunted.

Ave sighed, “Sweetie, are you okay?”

“I’m exhausted.”

He sighed, “What did you do today?”

His arm snuck around my waist, and he pulled me into our apartment. His lips were soon attached to my neck, and his nails dug into my hips.

“Ave,” I grunted, “Not now…”

His lips parted against my neck, as he responded, “But I missed you…”

“I just want to go to sleep, okay?”

He sighed, “Fine.”

I felt bad for blowing him off, but I needed to sleep off this headache. Fifteen minutes in a taxi, listening to the tires screeching, wore me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe/Promote
<3