‹ Prequel: Mysophobia
Status: Complete.

The Harsh Truth

Skyler.

I stretched, as if the motion would force all of the sleep out of my bones, and I lay back down next to Averi. He was sound asleep still, and I smiled softly, just watching him sleep. I softly ran my fingers through his blonde hair.

I never knew how happy it would ever feel to know that I will, with no falter in the fact, be together with Averi forever. I thought I was happy before, without the ring on my finger, but the commitment is most secure, most precious.

I curled into Averi. The warmth between us reminded me of the night we shared last. I smiled to myself, and I entwined my fingers with Averi’s.

I guess, thinking back on it, I was right to have wanted to change into something nicer, but hearing Averi ask the question I’ve been dreaming to hear made that stress disappear. I knew Averi loves me, but I didn’t know he would want to be with me forever until I found the ring. And thinking of the ring, and how much happiness there would be if we were together forever, made me ecstatic. The anxiety put so much stress into my life, that I didn’t want to sleep, and I had a hard time sleeping.

But now, it’s just like… a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders, and I feel like I can actually sleep knowing Averi will always be there in the morning.

I felt Averi move his hand, and he yawned quietly. I slowly sat up and greeted him.
“Morning.”

He smiled before replying. I kissed his nose.
“I love you.”

--

I sighed, looking at the outfit in front of me.

Nervousness poured over me, as I suddenly didn’t want to do this. I love Averi, but I can’t go out there in front of everyone… Why do I have to suddenly feel so self-conscious?

I wanted to cry, as my stomach flipped.

I heard a knock on the door, and I tried to regain my composure.
“Yeah?”

It was my dad. “Hey, Bud.”

“Dad, I can’t do this…” I sighed.

He patted my back, “Do you want to talk to Averi about this?”

I didn’t really answer out loud. It was more of a silent ‘Bring him in here.’ I didn’t realize that my father had already left, until Averi was alone with me.

He was already dressed. He lookedamazing gorgeous. He always looked stunning, but this… My jaw dropped, I’m sure.

“What’s going on, Love?” Averi asked, sitting down next to me.

I couldn’t just keep to myself. I reached over, and I pulled him into a tight hug.
“Why did you want a huge wedding, Ave?”

“We deserve this, Babe.” He sighed, “We need to have everyone we love here.”

The knots in my stomach twisted, “I love you, Averi, but I’m not sure I can do this…”

Averi was quiet for a moment before finally saying, “I love you, too. I don’t want to make you feel like you have to do this now, because I can wait, but everyone is out there, and they’re waiting for us to go out there. It’s normal to feel this nervous, Skyler.”

“You aren’t nervous,” I sighed, “I want to do this, don’t get me wrong, Ave. I want to be with you together forever, but the nerves are unbearable. I wish the whole thing could have been smaller.”

“I am nervous, Sky. I’m just doing this because I don’t want to wait any more. I want to say you will always be mine, now.”

I kissed him, “I love you.”

“Hurry up and get ready, Skyler.”

--

It felt like forever, and I’m sure my cheeks were as red as a dozen roses. But I looked up from the floor, and I looked into his eyes. We just peered into each other’s eyes, as if nothing could ever go wrong again, and we said those vows that brought us closer to the first kiss that we would share as one.

I felt like it was too good to come true. I bit my lip as I stared into Averi’s eyes, “I do.”

As soon as we could, Averi’s lips came crashing down on mine. I closed my eyes. Those butterflies were back, and I wrapped my arms around Ave’s neck. I hungrily kissed back.

I felt like I used to… when Averi and I first got together. I felt like nothing could ever go wrong.

Averi’s lips soon left mine, and I just wanted to get in that car and attach my lips back to his.

Marriage was never on my mind before, but now… having Averi by my side for the rest of my life sounds like a really nice deal. It’s more than that, really: It’s the Harsh Truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.