‹ Prequel: Mysophobia
Status: Complete.

The Harsh Truth

Averi

Ok I admit, now that hurt.

He just pushed me away…he didn’t even let me touch him for more then two seconds. It hurt it made me feel…horrible.

I wanted to help, couldn’t he see that? I wanted to know what was wrong so I could at least try to fix it. Trying to fix the problem is better then not doing anything about it right? But he just kept pushing me away and curling up into a ball.

I frowned and decided if he wasn’t going to let me touch him I could at least cover him up. I grabbed the blankets and threw it over his shaking form before whispering, “I love you, Sky.”

He didn’t say anything, only continued crying softly. I bit my bottom lip. Normally he always said it back with that sweet smile on his face that I adore, but this time I got nothing but tears.

I sighed as I turned and walked out of the room confused, hurt, and worried out of my mind. A part of me was saying call his dad and ask if he knew what was wrong, but the other was telling me just to wait and have him tell me himself.

He needs to tell me things…

As I sat on the couch watching The Haunting of Connecticut I thought of all the horrible things that could have went wrong. My mind was going on a rampage and half of the scenario’s popping into my head was only making me feel worse.

Being the my normal self I began to wonder if maybe Sky had…well…somebody hit me for even considering this, but maybe he cheated?

I slapped myself for thinking that. How stupid can I get! That’s impossible Sky wouldn’t do that. He loves me…or at least I think he does, but he’s been acting strange. He’s pushing me away, crying, and not telling me why.

Maybe he did and the guilt was really bad…or something? No he wouldn’t do that…at least I hope he wouldn’t.

I groaned as I readjusted myself on the couch. This was too much…can’t Sky just come out here and tell me what’s up it’d be so much easier! I wouldn’t have to worry and maybe even I could help him, just a little bit!

Just as I was about to stand and try to talk to Sky again the phone rang. I blinked a few times, who the hell would be calling?

I shrugged and walked to the house phone, which we never use. It was another reason I was wondering who could possibly be calling. Everyone always tried our cell phones.

When I answered it I nearly screamed for Sky to get out here, but I resisted the urge. This was yet another thing Sky was lying about.

It was a man calling, telling me to inform Sky about a job interview. A job interview! Sky has a job so why was he calling?

A job interview? So…he either got fired or he quit his job, which he did not tell me about. What else is he hiding from me? Why didn’t he tell me? Doesn’t he trust me at all?

That cheating idea wasn’t sounding so wrong anymore…

I hung the phone up before stalking to our room. I slipped in to see Sky was lying on the bed, asleep. As angry as I was at him for lying to me I couldn’t get myself to stay angry. Seeing him broken like this was eating away at my insides.

I sighed as I wrote down Sky’s interview time and place and slipped it on the nightstand under his cell phone so he’d find it. After I did that I got myself a shower, still worrying and thinking of all the things Skyler could be hiding from me.

I walked back into our room to find Skyler twisted up in the blankets. I chuckled to myself before fixing them. Immediately he cuddled into them and went back into his peaceful sleep.

I didn’t want to upset him so I slipped in on the other side. I wanted to turn and pull him into my chest, but like I said I didn’t want to upset him. Instead I grabbed one of the pillows and fell asleep with it.

Maybe Sky will tell me what’s up tomorrow?I doubt it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I took forever
I'M SO SORRY!

Comment&Subscribe?