Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 22

"Melissa, I'm going to give you something to ease the pain and help you sleep. Okay?" The nurse came in with an syringe and injected the medicine into her IV tube. "It will start to take effect in about ten minutes."

"Can I have someone stay with me tonight? I don't want to be left alone."

"The maximum amount of guests you can have staying in this room with you is two. But make the decision fast because you have to sign off on who you allow to stay with you tonight. I'll be right back with the forms."

"I'll stay! I don't want to leave her just yet. I'm still kind of freaked out. Is that okay with you, Melissa?"

"I would feel a lot safer. Thanks." She smiled, but you could tell in her eyes that the drugs were starting to kick in. "Is there anyone else that wants to volunteer? Before I get too sleepy."

"I think the rest of us will check into the nearest hotel. We'll be close so that if something happens, we'll be right over. Oh, here comes the nurse with the papers."

With a friendly smile, the nurse handed over the clipboard to Melissa as she signed it confirming that Andy was allowed to stay the night. Then she gave it to Andy. She signaled everyone else to leave the room because Melissa was starting to drift off to sleep. They quietly said goodnight and left. Before she completely went under, Andy came to her bedside and gave her a kiss.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Two rooms please?" Joe was talking with the secretary of the hotel they were staying in. She politely passed him the room keys and said, "Rooms 278 and 279. Enjoy your stay!" They walked to the elevator and went to their assigned rooms.

"Well, I guess me and Patrick will share a room. You and Morgan can share the other. But we're keeping the connecting doors open. No funny business, Pete."

"I'm too tired, don't get your panties in a bunch. Goodnight Mom, goodnight Dad. We're going to bed." Pete and Morgan entered the room; he jumped onto the bed and buried his head in the pillow. Morgan sat down beside him on the bed.

"Are you okay? Do you need to talk about anything? We've had a pretty big day..."

"There is nothing to talk about! Melissa's in the hospital and I almost tried to kill her. It's pretty basic shit!"

"But the reason she is alive is because of you! You saved her life and-"

He let out a growl. "I tried to kill her! I tasted her blood and I wanted so bad to drink the rest of it. You have no idea what I've been through!"

"Well you could tell me! Come on, you can trust me."

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. It's just really hard..." She leaned over and squeezed her arms around his body. He squeezed back, trying to repress his tears. After a couple minutes, her let go and sat up. Morgan sat up to, prepared to listen to what he had to say. "When I heard Andy say something about a shark I immediately thought of you. I was running towards you to get you out of the water. But then I heard her scream. I turned around, only to see a cloud of blood form right near Andy's waste. Oh my god, I thought she was gone. There was so much blood... Without thinking I ran into the water, hoping that I would have time to save her, fearing that it would be too late. There was so much blood. Morgan, when she resurfaced, you should have seen her face. I could see her fighting so hard. She looked up at me. I could see that she was close to giving up... It was the most horrifying moment of my life. When Andy grabbed her arms, all I could picture is my mind was the shark pulling her leg off! So I went under and tried to make him let go. When he finally did, I-I-I accidentally swallowed a big gulp of the saltwater with her blood in it. After she was on shore, I saw the blood gushing from her leg. It triggered something inside of me. I wanted to drink every last drop of it. I wanted to kill her. I wanted to watch the life drain from her eyes. Thank god Joe and Patrick held me down. If I got to her, she would have been gone. It's all my fault. I can't-"

"Stop it! That instinct that kicked in wasn't your fault! I know you feel guilty, but you shouldn't! You didn't get to her. She didn't die. And no one else blames you for anything you did except yourself. We all love you Pete. I love you. I know it wasn't your fault."

These were the words that he needed to hear. He was so guilty about everything that happened. Becky, Melissa's accident, being on the run... It was too much pressure. But Morgan's words convinced him that it wasn't his fault; no longer did he feel like everything was because of him. All of that built in pressure released itself when he grabbed Morgan and held her in his arms. "I love you, Morgan."

This was the most genuine thing that she had ever heard him say. Looking into his eyes, she slowly moved herself closer and brushed her lips against his. He closed his eyes and savored the moment. Then, he started to caress her blond hair. Morgan responded to his gesture by gradually increasing the power and speed of her kisses, each one still with a lingering sensation. By now, they were both gasping for breath in between each touch of the lips. They were still holding each other, but now Morgan was lying on top of Pete's chest. Ohhhhh... This feels... Wait what am I doing? Not here. Not now. "Morgan... I-I don't think... aaaahhhh..." She didn't hear him. She just kept kissing him over and over again. Pete gently lifted her from his chest and and placed her next to him. They slowed down a little bit. A couple minutes later, they stopped all together.

"Is something wrong? I thought you..."

"No! I love when you kiss me. But I don't want to fuck things up and make a mistake. I love you Morgan, and you should still be a teenager while you can. We can't get carried away like we almost just did. Maybe after this whole ordeal is over, but-"

"I completely understand. You're right, we can''t be stupid. Especially now. But we can still.."

"Oh yes. Shall we pick up where we left off?" With a playful grin, they heated things right back up again. They continued to kiss and hold each other until Joe burst into the room.

"Hey, do you guys want pizza? We're ordering room service. Oh! Ummm sorry for interrupting! I was going to ask if you wanted peppers on yours, but it seems like it's already spicy enough in here." Pete just flipped him off and continued to kiss his beautiful girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
School starts in four days!!! Oh no!!!
Comment please. I'm hardly getting ANY feedback, and I want to know what you think of the story. =]