Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 24

"Good morning! How did you sleep?" Andy's tone was very quiet and cautious, for he didn't want to startle Melissa when she first woke up from her drug induced sleep.

"Of course I slept good! Aha I was all hopped out on that sleepy crap they put in me!"

"How's your leg doing?"

"A lot better. I can't feel much pain. Well, it's probably because of the painkillers. But still, I feel a lot better." He smiled and gently gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Are you hungry? I can get you some breakfast if you want."

"Oohhh great, will you? I'm starving. Surprise me though."

"Okay! I'll be right- wait, what's this?" Confused, Andy picked up a folded up piece of paper that looked like it had been slipped under the door. He unfolded it and collapsed on the floor. Convulsing and shaking, he couldn't breath. Tears came pouring out of his eyes as he rocked back and forth on the ground.

"What is it Andy? What's wrong? Andy?" Melissa was really worried. Andy is a rock. What could be so horrifying that he collapsed on the ground crying? What happened? Melissa whipped out her cell phone. "Hey Patrick? It's Melissa. Yes, I'm fine. But I think we have a problem. Andy just read a piece of paper on the ground and I think something is wrong with him. Can you come down here? And fast. It looks bad. Thanks, I'll see you in a little bit."

He slowly brought himself up and sat on the edge of Melissa's bed. "Andy, what happened? What did the note say?"

"Melissa, I don't think you can read it. Not now. Wait till the guys get here. Oh my god I can't believe this... OH MY GOD why?" He was still shaking back and forth when Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Morgan arrived. Pete instantly went over to Andy. He showed him the letter. Pete's eyes widened to the size of grapefruits. Then, he started crying and shivering.

"Oh my god. This isn't good. I saw her this morning! How could she- SHIT this is really bad. This is really bad guys. SHIT!"

"Will somebody please let me know what is going on? What is so horrible?"

After Patrick and Joe and Morgan looked at the note, they all went over to Melissa. Shit, this isn't good. This isn't good. Oh god, what happened? Joe handed the note to Melissa with a trembling hand. The first thing she saw was her friends dead body captured in a poleroid picture. "ALI?!? NOOOO!" She was screaming in pain, but not because of her leg. Hysterically, she read the note out loud:

Dear Melissa,

I tried to let things be another way. But she failed to comply. All I asked her to do was to simply tell me where you and your little friends were. Of course, I already knew. But I wanted to make things interesting. If she did tell me, I would have let her go. But, she was persistent in keeping to herself. I took this little photo as a reminder to you of who you're dealing with. And your welcome. Anyway, something inside of me snapped, I guess. Pete, I'm sure you have read this letter as well, so you can understand what happened. That's right, I know where you are. Hell, I even know about what didn't happen this morning. (Don't worry Morgan, he really didn't sleep with Ali.) I was the one who sent the shark to get you with my mind. I was the one who triggered Pete's 'killer instinct' from a safe distance right behind the palm trees of that private little beach. The war has only begun. We will meet, face to face. And not just you, Melissa. All of your little friends too. You all will suffer the ultimate price. Don't even think of pulling anything. I will always find you and I will always be stronger.

Sincerely,

Beckett

P.S. Something is in the air. I can feel the chills of war. Metaphorically speaking, you aren't at all prepared for the ever strengthening storm. The only way to win is to surrender. In the end, you will still lose. But one option is less painful than the other. Think about it.


"SHIT! SHIT! Oh my god, he knows where we are! He knows about- and he can- and Ali- will he-after us..." Melissa was scrambling her words and out of breath."Andy, we need to get out of here. When can I get released from here? We can't stay. Holy shit he knows where I am!"

"Well actually, the doctor said that the shark didn't damage your muscles and that it was only a flesh wound. All you really needed was some bed rest, some stitches, and pain medication. Nothing is wrong internally though. I'll ask when you can be discharged. I'll be right back." He came to her side and gave her a quick, hard hug and left for the lobby. Everyone else crowded around her as she cried and mourned the loss of her life long friend.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Melissa, if you are able to walk, we can release you whenever you feel like it. But you'll have to take your medication often so you won't be in too much pain. Do you want to try to walk?"

"Sure. Here, Andy, stand up right there and catch me if I fall. Here it goes..." She carefully swung her legs out from under the covers. She cringed at the sight of her stitched up leg and turned away. Instead, she focused on Andy who was right there in case she stumbled. Ever so slightly, she pushed herself up from the bed and stood in one place for about a minute. Then, she put one foot in front of the other and slowly walked to Andy. When she got to him, he picked her up and kissed her. Then, so she wouldn't have to walk back, he placed her back on the bed and covered her legs with the blankets. The nurse gave her an approving look and gave her the papers required for her release. She signed them without haste and gave them back to the nurse. She left the room briefly and came back with a wheel chair.

"After you get dressed, have one of your friends wheel you to the lobby and you'll be all set to go!"

They all rushed to pack their things. They weren't going to risk staying in one place for too long. When Melissa was finally released, everyone piled into the van. In the back seat, Andy set up a special place for Melissa to prop her leg when she needed to. Immediately, they started for the highway. "Where to next?"
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP Ali. Sorry, but I had to kill you off. You understand, right?
Lol so yeah, apparently I have a new subscriber! That's cool. What I really wish I had was more comments... ;D