Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 26

BOOOOOM! CRASH! BANG! The thunder outside was deafening. Patrick decided that they would stay parked at the diner until the storm blew over. It was getting pretty bad. "I know that we shouldn't stay on one place for long, but this storm is getting pretty bad and it's dark out. I don't want to risk anything happening. We should probably get back inside the diner."

Morgan was set in her ways; she wasn't going to leave that van. "There is no way I'm leaving this van. I heard that a car is the safest place to be in a storm I am staying HERE!"

"I'll stay with you. Go ahead guys, she's safe with me." Pete motioned everyone to go inside. Andy jumped out first and got the wheel chair. Joe and Patrick were already running inside covering their heads because of the hail that was now falling.

"Hey... I don't... Because... first sign..." Melissa was trying to say something to Andy, but the thunder drowned out her voice. He shrugged and wheeled her inside. She looked worried.

"It's okay Morgan. We are completely safe in here. I'll protect you."

"How can you protect me if a big ass lightning bolt comes down and electrocutes me?"

"You're right. I guess I should just go inside..." She clung to him like saran wrap. He smiled and hugged her back.

"Just to be safe though, you should stay here." For a while, they sat in silence, listening to the hail, the rain, the thunder, the wind. All of a sudden, they heard a big crash; it was the sound of lightning striking, yards away from where the van was parked. Quickly, Morgan squeezed Pete tighter. She looked up into his eyes. His face would illuminate for split seconds at a time because of the lightning. But other than that, everything was dark. Seeing her fright, Pete pulled her closer to his face and grabbed her waist.

"Everything is going to be FINE. We're perfectly safe. Nothing will happen, I promise you." Deeply, she locked onto his gaze. After moments of extreme tension, she surrendered to his kiss. As soon as their lips met, she could feel his passion. Now, the thunder didn't seem so scary. The powerful vibrations from the thunder just increased the intensity of their bodies. They were entranced by the sound of the winds whipping around the van. Everything started to blur and time stood still while they sat kissing, trapped in their own little world. Each meeting of the lips was followed by another. Each motion was in sync. For a while, it seemed like they were weightless...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Andy, Joe, Patrick, and Melissa just got in the diner when Melissa spoke up. "They really shouldn't be out there alone. Things might-"

"Yes, we all know that Pete is trying to score some. But it's bound to happen so-"

"That's NOT what I'm talking about. We're in the plains. It's thundering. It's windy. It's night. And hail is almost always the first sign of a tornado. I know these things, I study the weather. All of the signs are pointing towards a tornado and we need to find an underground shelter, fast. We need to get them out of there. Sir! Do you have a storm shelter here?" The server nodded and pointed to the back hallway.

All of a sudden, they heard a beeping noise coming from the small TV that was perched in the counter. The weatherman popped up on the screen and exclaimed, "There is a strong tornado warning for Brookfield County. Seek shelter immediately. These funnels are dangerous and deadly. Find shelter immediately."

"SHIT! We have to get Pete and-" Then, the wind broke the windows. The tornado was here.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Pete...I...I... Wait, what the-" Morgan was deeply entranced in Pete's grasp. But something didn't feel right. The van was moving, but not on the ground. "What's going on? Oh my god I think we're in the air!"

Pete came out of his trance. Waiting a second to gain back his composure, he looked around. He couldn't see anything out the windows. Then, the van started to spin. They were slammed into the interior of the van, screaming and scared out of their mind. The tornado had sucked them up into it's funnel and was tossing the van around like a rag doll. Morgan desperately tried to reach Pete with her hand. He grabbed her hand and sheltered her head with his arms. Shit shit, we're in a tornado! We're going to... Oh shit, I can't let it end like this. While Pete was picturing their death, he received a flash of a memory. I can't die... But she... She is not going to die in my arms. There is no way.

Everything went black when the van hit the water.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"ANDY! HELP! GET INTO THE STORM SHELTER! QUICK!" Everyone scrambled into the back hallway where the stairs led down into a storm shelter. Andy picked up Melissa and brought her down while Joe got her wheel chair. Then they huddled together and braced themselves for the impact of the tornado. They heard the shattering of glass. The splintering of wood. They felt the wind after the roof and walls ripped from the foundation. Andy looked up from the huddle and saw the inside of the funnel. He mumbled something under his breath and stared into the beast that was ripping apart the diner.

As soon as it started, everything stopped. It seemed as if the tornado disintegrated on top of the diner. Everyone looked up to see a fading cloud, illuminated by lighting. Even though the tornado was over, no one moved.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Pete felt the impact of the van hitting the water and blacked out for a second. But immediately he regained consciousness, just in time to feel the water start to come into the van. Everything was dark because they were in the water at night. an occasional lightning bolt illuminated the water outside of the windows. Now the water was pouring in from all sides. "MORGAN! MORGAN! SHIT MORAN!" He found her near the back of the van. Holding her limp, lifeless body, he started kicking the back door. Then, he found the handle and pulled it open. The rush of water startled him and he accidentally let go of Morgan. But he grabbed her again and swam to the surface.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fact: I am a freak about lightning and tornadoes. I loooooove severe weather. =] When I grow up, I want to be a meteorologist and chase storms.
Comments please!!! I want to know what you think!!!