Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 29

"Erm, Andy, I thought we agreed that Vegas would be a bad idea?" Melissa looked up at her tattoo-clad boyfriend. She showed concern in her eyes.

"Listen, babe, we need to loosen up a little bit. We've all been so uptight about everything and we need to have some fun. Come on, let's party in Vegas!"

"Andy, I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, we're minors. I drink sometimes, but I don't want to get you guys in trouble."

"Morgan, it's Vegas! We can do whatever we want! When was the last time we've all partied? After all of the things that have happened, we need a release. What do ya'll say?"

"Yeah, he's right guys. We do need to loosen up. But we have to be really careful. You know, buddy system and stuff." Andy smiled at Joe's approval.

"Sounds good. Let's just go, I don't now how much longer I can stay here." Pete sounded a little bit angered. Morgan cuddled up to him as he slunk down in his seat.

"Is something wrong? You seem a little tense?"

"Nah, I'm just sick of this place. It's so, boring. And that whole scenario with the tornado, and the lake... I just need to get away from here." Morgan could see the light in him dying. She knew that look, for it was very familiar to her. He was falling into depression.

"I know what you mean. Just don't think about it, think about something else."

"Well, I could think of you... That will make me feel a little better."

"Why think of me when I'm right here?" Slowly, their heads drifted toward each other. For a moment, they stopped to stare into their love's eyes. Then, ever so softly, they parted their lips and started to kiss. As Morgan tasted the Doritos's he ate back at the car dealership, she could feel the light in him starting to restore. Something in his body language changed; it was as if her kiss brought him back to life from the dead.

That night, Patrick suggested that they should check into a hotel. "It's been a really long day. We should relax and have a nice bed to sleep on for a change." Without a word, Andy pulled into a small motel and parked the car.

"Well this seems like as good a place as any. Let's go." Very nonchalantly, everyone piled out of the van and followed Andy into the lobby of the motel. Melissa left her wheelchair behind, for she was now able to walk. "How much for three rooms?" Andy reached into pocket, payed the receptionist, and grabbed the room keys.

"So, I'm guessing that me and Patrick will share a room, you and Melissa, and Pete and Morgan? I'm not sure we should let Pete and Morgan sleep in the same room. Aha last time we went to a hotel-"

Pete shot Joe a death stare. DUDE don't you even... "I don't think you and Patrick should share a room! God knows what you two do when you're alone!"

"Jesus Pete, calm down! I was only kidding. Here," Joe tossed Pete his key, "you two have a nice night, I guess." Joe stormed off to his room. Afraid of more tension to form, Andy and Melissa turned around and made their way to their room.

"What was that all about? Are you okay?" As soon as they walked into the room, Pete sat down at the edge of the bed and buried his head in his hands.

"Nothing's wrong! It's just fucking annoying when people start acting like that to me!" He was shouting, his voice crackling with bursts of emotion.

"What are you talking about? Joe didn't mean anything by-"

"I know, I know. Just don't talk to me right now, I don't..." His words faded into mumbles as he buried his head deeper into his hands. Seeing his troubled expression, Morgan went over to him and put her arms around his shoulders. But he shrugged them off.

"Well okay then..." Morgan got up and went for the door.

"No don't leave! I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed out right now. I just, I can't..."

"Tell me! I can't help you if you won't tell me what it is that's bothering you!"

"You wouldn't understand."

"I might not, but I'll try my hardest to."

Pete let out a sigh of relief. At least I know I have one person I can count on. "I'm sorry for flipping out like that. But it's just really hard for me right now. It seems like no one is taking this trip seriously anymore! The whole reason we left was so we could protect you and Melissa and be safe from Beckett. We're in about as much danger here as we were at the fort. Beckett is getting stronger, I can feel it. He knows where we are. He knows what we're going to do. Staying in one place for too long is dangerous, and driving a bright ass pink van isn't going to help."

"I thought you didn't have a problem with the homo-mobile?"

"I didn't think I had a problem with it, but then I got to thinking. I feel like I'm the only one concerned about what could happen to everyone. To you! And I'm the one with nothing to lose..."

"You don't need to worry about that, Pete. We're plenty prepared. And-"

"But that's just it! I do need to worry! I can't risk losing you, Morgan. I love you too much. I haven't really told anyone, because I didn't want them to get worried. But these past couple of weeks, my powers have been increasing. I can do things I never knew I could do before. I can fly, I'm stronger, I can read people's minds, and my thirst for blood is... I can't even describe it."

"Isn't that a good thing? Don't you need to get stronger?"

"Well, I guess it's good that my powers are developing more. But whatever powers I have, Beckett has twice more. And he's been honing them. That means as much as I'm getting stronger, he's getting even stronger. And if I can already lift a car, I can't even imagine what he can do... And if I can read people's thoughts, that means Beckett probably can too. He knows our every move. We're not safe anymore. And now definitely isn't the time to be letting down our guard and going to Vegas. Something is going to happen, Morgan. Something bad. Promise me that you won't leave my sight." His eyes were full of seriousness.

"I-I promise... What do you mean something bad is going to happen?"

"I told you, I can feel things. lately, Beckett's been messing with my mind. He keeps putting these images in my head... These horrible images... " He was trembling now, despite having Morgan right there holding him.

"... Wh-what kinds of, uh, images?" Oh god, this is going to be bad...

"Don't freak, okay?"

"I'll try not to."

"It's a body lying in a ditch, surrounded by a pool of blood."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, couldn't not post anymore. Lol
Who watched the VMA's last night? *silence* Oh yeah that's right. Nobody reads these.
Just gotta say, Kanye West s a big douche.

Wooot guess what? Talked to Jersey from Hey Monday today on his Stickam account! I felt special. XD

Comments would be wayyy cool beans. =]