Bloodshed.

010.

I decided to make my way to the main room, to talk with Ivy and Braxton about the newest invention for curing massive amounts of infected Innocents. Announcing my presence, I was met by the icy blue eyes of Braxton and the rest of his usual gloomy, looking self.

“It’s about time you showed up, Sir.” he said chillingly. I almost felt like doing a turn about and walking right out of the room. “It’s a good thing we were all prepared for this. How the hell did they figure out we were here? She’s got her eyes everywhere, she does. I have a feeling that she has more of the cities Innocents corrupted, hiding somewhere in the depths of that bloody forest.” While Braxton continued to rant, I looked past him into the eyes of Ivy, who seemed genuinely disturbed by the whole event as well. She came up behind her partner and put a hand on his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He breathed deeply, placing his fingers atop hers and looked me dead in the face. “Sir, we’re begging you. When will that contraption of yours be completed?”

“That’s just what I wanted to talk to you about.” I told him simply. Willow squirmed around on my shoulder, trying to get comfortable. Even though I had just entered this world - my world - I knew everything about the machine. Well, obviously, I mean this is my head, isn’t it? Sheesh. Anyway, the invention was still in the works, but so far, the Master had designed it to instantly cure hoards of infected people. It only had to touch one of the infected and every other evil being within 100 metres was instantaneously free of the evil that dwelled inside them. The only downside was that, in order to be completed, it needed the Talisman. Now, you’re probably wondering what that is. I fail to inform you on a lot of things, don’t I? The Talisman is just as it sounds - a necklace with a special pendant. Simple enough, right? Wrong. It would’ve been simple if the witch bitch hadn’t stolen it before she surfaced to the Upper World. It would’ve made life a hell of a lot easier for the Master. Me. “Well, you see..” I started. This was going to be difficult, seeing as how they didn’t know I needed this important talisman. The Master hadn’t said anything. Damn. Why didn’t I write that in?

“Yes.. Master? What is it?” Ivy said softly, her almost white grey eyes watching me, making me sweat a little. Jeez.

“It’s just that-.. The thing is-.. IneedtheBanshee’stalismantocompletethemachine.” I said, jumbling my words all together. The angels in front of me gave me a queer look, Braxton showing his normal impatience at my stupidity.

“Come again?” he somewhat growled. His time was never to be wasted. Just remember that, folks.

“I need the talisman that the.. Banshee… Kinda has.” I repeated slowly, with a weak voice. I could feel Willow’s gaze on me, as well as Braxton and Ivy’s. “I need its magical power to generate it. It’s the only way.” I told them, somewhat pleadingly. I could see Braxton snap on the inside, but it seemed as if he was considering it. I was, in fact, the Master, and I wouldn’t lie. Unless it was necessary. Yeah.

“If it truly is the only way.. We must act promptly. I want no time wasted.” Braxton said thickly, whipping out of Ivy’s grasp and trudging towards the door, out of our sight. What a way to leave. I sighed, feeling like one weight had been taken off my shoulders only to be replaced by an even heavier one. How in the world were we going to get the Talisman, only to turn around and use it to destroy her? Yes, not only would we be curing the Innocents, we were going to take her down as well. Pretty creative, aren’t I? The invention was near completion, maybe a screw here and a bolt there. It wasn’t as light and compact as the Chaos Container. Instead, it was heavy and would be a pain in the ass to lug around. The things you have to do when you’re a city’s last hope. Ivy came to my side, noticing how glum I must’ve looked.

“I know you’ll be able to do it, Master. We have faith in you. Braxton just has a funny way of showing his gratitude.” she told me with a hint of a smile. I gave her a meek smile in return and thanked her. After telling her I wanted to go back to the library to take care of what I started, she gave me one last hopeful look before I disappeared.

As I entered the library, I was quite shocked at what I saw. The broken, shattered glass still sprawled on the ground, the broken tables, scattered books and overturned objects, but no bodies. My brows knitted together in confusion. “Perhaps they awakened and are wandering the castle?” Willow suggested, making his first words in almost 15 minutes. I considered this, and then I saw someone walk out from behind a bookshelf. I was slightly startled and was unsure on how to talk to the humans, until I recognized the face.

“Mother Elf.” Willow and I said in unison. The girl sure gets around, I’ll tell you that.

Ignoring our slight shocked expressions, she avoided the obvious question as to why she was there, and answered with, “Shouldn’t you be resting, Master?” My face lightened.

“Of course, but you know me. I bounce back. What are you doing here?” I prodded.

“Took care of your unfinished business.” Claire said, motioning around the room. “Willow told me about your encounters, and while you were busy tending to yourself, I decided to finish it for you.” She said this with slight embarrassment, holding her hands behind her back. “I made quick journeys outside, through the window, and placed them near the river below. They’ll have questions but we have no time for answers.” It was true. We had no time for meddling humans.

“Heh, thanks.” I said, giving her a smile, absentmindedly looking outside. So far, since I’d entered this madness, I’d injured myself multiple times, been interrogated by something no bigger than half the length of my arm, attacked by creatures that could rip my head off, placed into a situation where I had to risk my very life to retrieve a stupid rock, and forced to wear an outfit that was so fuckin’ itchy. A little help from anyone was greatly appreciated. Claire gave me a humble smile, following my gaze as I looked out of the broken window, into the sun.

Everything was so real here, that it was unreal.

Really lame use of words, but it was the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG!
It's been so long since I've updated!
So sorry about that.
I kinda got.. banned. ^^'
It sucked.
BUT I'm back now.

Comments would be amazing. ♥