Bloodshed.

002.

Practically throwing myself into my pathetic excuse for a car, I closed the door hastily and stuck the keys in the ignition. I needed that ink now. I drove out of the apartment’s parking lot and turned onto the main road. My eyes were set straight ahead, and the only thought in my mind was the store. I let my eyes fall to the bright green digital clock. 9:43 pm. My eyes flickered back to the grey road. The sky was a dull black, and a couple stars were visible. The moon shone brightly behind me, but I had no time to look at nice scenery. I needed that ink.

I might sound crazy to you, venturing out at night to retrieve a measly package of typewriter ink. But as I’ve mentioned, I was on a mission. The book, those dreams, had become my entire life. I needed to finish it. Then, and only then, would the dreams stop forever. Sleep been peaceful for about a year, but..

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel as I turned into yet another parking lot. I noticed that the lights were still on in the store, and a few cars were parked outside. ‘Good’ I thought, sighing in relief. Picking a somewhat secluded spot to park, I quickly turned the car off and hopped outside. I speed walked my way into the store and headed for the back aisles. I knew exactly where I was going. I’d done it so many times. The only times I ever left the safety of my apartment was for food, the mail, and ink.

Taking the package off the shelf, I started to make my way to the cashier. My eyes scanned the items on the shelf, and, without thinking about it, I grabbed a package of Skittles. I had to keep my energy up somehow. I brought my 2 items to the cashier and waited impatiently as she added up the cost. Before she could tell me how much it was, I handed her a 20. She took it politely and began rounding up the change. She handed it to me along with my bag.

“Have a good night, Sir.” she called, but the door had closed on her mid-sentence. I might seem cold to you, but sometimes I got too caught up in my own mind. There was also the shyness, so I just avoided most people at all costs.

The drive home was the same as the drive to the store, only this time, I was rushing home to write some more. When I finally made it back to my apartment, I basically ran to the typewriter, ripped out the worn out ribbon and replaced it. I smiled in satisfaction. As you can see, I may have lost a few marbles along the way, but I was doing alright. Curse those nightmares.

That’s when I remembered my cell phone on the coffee table. I slowly padded my way over to it, and noticed that I’d missed 15 texts and 3 phone calls. They were all from my best friend, Taegan. He’s the one that kept me alive. He reminded me to eat, to pay the bills, and the one who ‘lent’ me money. Sometimes I felt bad that it’d be awhile before I could pay him back, but he always shrugs it off.

I debated whether or not to call him back, or write. I was a terrible person like that. Of course, I sat down in my chair, cell phone beside me, and began to write again. If he really wanted to talk, he’d call back. I stuffed a few Skittles in my mouth before beginning.

I silently dashed through the streets. It was the dead of the night, so not many folks were around anyway. I was heading from the house on Crown Hill, of course. They’d be waiting for me, no doubt, for news on any new activity from below.

I pushed open the gate and trudged up the walkway. Fixing my hat as I walked, I arrived at the Great doors. I knocked a familiar tune on the wood, and the door creaked open. I slithered inside.

“We’ve been waiting all night for your return.” Ivy said. I gave her a look that she knew all too well. “There’s more?”

I nodded. “She’s working fast. She’ll soon have the whole town against us. Before you know it, we’ll be caught up in a war. I managed to save one soul, though.” I told her, opening my cloak to show her the cube. That’s when Braxton spoke.

“Tell us something we don’t know.” he growled. His icy blue eyes were wide and on me. “Isn’t there something we can do? Quarantine them?”

“Where?” I asked in a lazy tone.


Hmmm. I think I should stop to explain this a little further. You already know this all started from nightmares, but you’re probably lost in the story.

Well, in the beginning, all creatures of the dark lived in a sort of Underworld. They each had their own clan and their own space. Everybody got along, except the Banshee. She wanted more. She wanted to world above, which was restricted to their kind. But one day, she broke free, and rose to the surface. Where she started her reign over the land. She lived in the forest of a nearby town, and took those who wandered too far in captive. With her twisted magical powers, she turned these innocent things into horrible beings. Zombies, bloodsuckers, werewolves, ravens and demons. They feasted on the innocent things, mostly the young and the old.

The ‘good’ beings from down below devised a plan to capture the Banshee. But she’d grown too powerful. All they could do was watch as more Innocents were harmed. Until one day. A stranger stumbled across the opening from where the Banshee rose. An Innocent had never been in the Underworld before, but he was curious. He realized they were good, and befriended them. Changelings, dark elves, imps, vampires and angels. He told them he was an inventor, and after hearing everything that had happened, he came up with an idea on how to capture the evil spirits that now dwelled inside the Innocents. It was called The Chaos Container.

They called themselves Team H. Team Human. And every day, when the Banshee’s minions would strike, he would be there, dressed in all black and adorning a witch’s hat, with his staff and Chaos box, ready to save you.

Simple enough, right?

If only.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update. Makes a little more sense, no?