Bloodshed.

006.

“This can’t be happening, this can’t be happening…” I repeated as I rocked back and forth. I was sitting on the cold floor now, in an upright foetal position. This was truly out-of-this-world. Sucked into my own head? Into the crazy-ass world my dreams had created? It was unreal.

“Master doesn’t look too good…” I heard Willow whisper to Claire. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that she nodded and looked at me with a sympathetic look.

I had to be dreaming. I just had to be. I mean sure, everything looked realistic and I could feel everything that happened to me here but it had to be psychological, yes? Yes. I’d finally crossed the border of insanity. I could now clearly see the realm my mind had created, and I’ve somehow manifested myself inside it, replacing what I once knew as reality. Yeah. It made complete sense.

“Uhm, Sir?” I heard Claire say above me. “I think you should go lay down for a while.” she suggested.

I slowly tilted my head upwards to see her. Her dark brown eyes were fixated upon me, and she had her hand outstretched towards me. She gave me an encouraging smile. I swallowed before exhaling coolly and putting my hand in hers. “Alright.” was all I said, standing up with her help.

“I’ll even escort you to your room, if you’d like.” she offered. I nodded silently and off we went.

Torch in hand, she led the way. I, on the other hand, trailed after her, uncomfortable in my new get-up. Willow followed close behind me, carrying what I knew as my staff. I continued to stare at my surroundings. My eyes were met by the night sky, as I was looking out of massive windows. I saw the twinkling stars in the sky, the outlines of the forest, the lights from the town below. This dream did have its nice moments.. That’s when I heard Willow whimpering a little at my feet, and I broke my gaze to look down at him. He was having trouble carrying the large staff, and I couldn’t help but smile crookedly. Without a word, I brought a hand up to take it from his grasp. His wide, dark eyes shot up at me, blinking. I looked back up at Claire and noticed that she’d stopped at a large door.

“Here we are.” she announced, turning the doorknob and letting us inside. I had already known what to expect but my jaw still dropped when I entered the room. Sparkling chandelier hanging overhead, deep green curtains shielding us from the eyes of the outside world, blood red walls, golden floor, with beautiful flowers, paintings and decorations garnishing the room. It was marvellous. And to think this would be my room. Not that I planned on staying here or anything.

I had moved my way to the center of the room while Claire remained standing at the door. Willow had clambered his way onto the bed, which looked like it belonged to a king. The great green comforter cushioned Willow as he pranced around atop it. I walked a few steps and set my staff in its very own resting spot. I peeled the cloak from my body and let it fall to the floor beside the bed. Un-tightening the laces on my boots, I took them off my feet gently and placed them beside my cloak. As I began to strip myself of my shirt, I heard someone give a frail cough. That’s when I remembered Claire was still at the door. I turned around quickly and chuckled nervously.

“I’ll.. Leave you alone now.” she said with a smile. “Goodnight, Master.” And with that, she closed the great door. That left me in the dark, since she took the torch with her. Before I could turn back around, Willow had already turned the lights on.

“There is something.. Awkward, about the Master…” he stated, putting a small hand on his chin, peeking at me through half closed eyes. He continued to speculate just what was different about me as I stripped down to my skivvies. I walked over to the dresser and pulled out some form of pyjamas. Of course, they were dark purple. I slipped them on and returned to the bed. I climbed onto the mattress and snuggled down under the large comforter, with Willow sliding on top of me.

“What are you talking about? I’m the same guy.” I said, putting my arms behind my head and staring at him.

“I bed to differ..” the little imp retorted. His small, black figure crawled up beside me, laying down. “Master is never this wholesome.” I frowned slightly. It was true. He was always so distant.. Kind (in a way), but distant. My character never did seem to be truly content.

“Can’t a guy change? Geez..” I mumbled, turning over on my side and closing my eyes. I figured that if I fell asleep here, I’d go back home. Hopefully.. I sighed inwardly, thoughts of my apartment filling my head. Thoughts of my old life. Of Taegan. The nightmares had gone way too far this time. I fidgeted uneasily, and opened one eye. “GAH what the hell?!” I yelled when I was met with a close up image of Willow’s face. I didn’t even feel the little bugger move.

“I’m onto you, ‘Master’.” he said, his voice laced with sarcasm. I frowned, and pushed him aside, out of my eye range. As he walked his way down the bed and laid at the foot of it, he mumbled, “I’ll let you sleep soundly tonight.. But tomorrow, I won’t be so easy on you..” I glared at him and shut my eyes tight.

Please let me go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's commented so far.

More comments would be lovely.

-Rosemariejane <3