Status: Busy with school so I'll have a hard time updating.

Playing Match

Chapter 1: Ten Years After

Lisa and Jasmin were watching two lovers hug each other after the guy confessed to the girl.

“They look cute.” Jasmin said.

“You’re good at being the bridge, Jasmin. Anna is so happy.” Lisa told her.

“That’s right. I really want her happiness.”

“You’re really good.”

“No. It’s so obvious that Jason also likes her.”

“What I mean is that you didn’t fall for Jason. Usually, bridges fall in love with the one who asked their assistance.”

“Lisa, I committed myself to not have a boyfriend until Michael has one.”

“I doubt that. What if you fall in love first?”

“Ha! That would never happen.”

“What if?”

“I’ll control myself. I’m good at that.”

“What about marriage?”

“No way! I would not marry anyone.I have devoted myself to take care of my parents.”

“I won’t say that if I were you.” Michael said.

“El!” Lisa and Jasmin said.

“You don’t really know what will happen in the future.” Kevin added.

“K!” Jasmin called.

Lisa blushed and grabbed Jasmin’s hand.

“What are you doing here?” Jasmin asked.

“I have to make sure that you go home early. It’s my mom’s birthday today.” Michael said.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot. Wait! I didn’t buy her any present.” Jasmin said.

“No need for that. My maids have already brought the cake to your house.” Kevin said.

“You baked it right?” Michael asked.

“Pretty much. Hope you like it.” Kevin replied.

Jasmin took Michael’s hand, which make him blush.

“We better buy her something, El. That cake is from Kevin.” Jasmin said.

“What gives? Lisa doesn’t have a gift.” Michael said.

“Actually I have.” Lisa told them.

“So what if we don’t have a gift. It’s the thought that counts.” Michael told Jasmin.

“What kind of a son are you?” Jasmin told Michael.

“The kind that remembers his mother’s birthday even though he doesn’t buy her a gift.” Michael said.

“That’s it! We’re going to find something for her.” Jasmin said.

“I can give you a ride.” Kevin offered.

“Really?” Jasmin asked with puppy eyes.

Jasmin released Michael and held Kevin’s hands. Kevin smiled at her and then was being dragged to his car by Jasmin. Michael and Lisa were a bit biter but they followed them to Kevin’s car.

♥♥♥

“Happy Birthday!” they greeted in chorus.

Michelle was surprised to see her family with Lisa and Kevin in their dining room. The place was decorated with balloons and greeting banners. Kevin was holding a cake with a candle.

“Blow the candles, Mommy Michi.” Jasmin said.

“Make a wish.” Lisa added.

Michelle closed her eyes then blew the candle. Everyone clapped their hands. Willie prepared the food with the help of Kevin. Lisa watched Kevin helped Willie dreamily. Michael gazed at Jasmin while she annoys their mother by asking her about the wish she just made like a broken record.

“Okay. I’ll tell you.” Michelle said in defeat.

Jasmin grinned and listened intently while the others stopped what they were doing and lend their ears to Michelle.

“My wish is that you and Michael would grow up well and find someone who will stay with you for the rest of your lives.” Michelle said.

Willie smiled at Michelle but Jasmin and Michael frowned.

“What’s wrong?” Lisa asked Jasmin.

“That’s impossible!” Jasmin said.

“Why?” Willie asked in surprise.

“I planned to stay single forever and take care of you until you grow old.” Jasmin replied.

“That’s unacceptable! I know that you’re just saying that today and someday, you will find someone who can change your mind.” Willie told Jasmin.

“But, I don’t like that.” Jasmin said.

“Let her be, dad.” Michael told Willie.

“You too, El?” Kevin asked.

“Don’t tell me you don’t have plans to marry.”Michelle said.

“I have plans like that but let Jasmin be, mom. She’ll be fine.” Michael told her.

“You’re spoiling her.” Michelle told him.

“Maybe but have you heard of a monster getting married? Geez!” Michael told Michelle.

“What? You know what? I doubt that you’re a real man because you always hang out with Kevin. I think you and Kevin are lovers. You don’t have a girlfriend up until now but Kevin had three. Maybe you’re the fourth.” Jasmin said then stick her tongue out.

“Hey! Kevin and I are best friends and we are not lovers like what you think!” Michael said.

“Then, how come you don’t have a girlfriend?” Lisa asked.

Michael blushed.

“It’s because… I don’t know what to do so she would notice.” Michael said.

Everyone smirked.

“You like someone?” Kevin asked.

“Who is she?” Michelle asked

Michael frowned at his mother.

“What is she like?” Willie asked.

Michael glared at Willie who is smiling back at him. He noticed that everyone is waiting for his answer so he sighed.

“She is nice, caring, and fun to be with.” Michael replied.

“Let me guess, she’s in high school.” Jasmin said.

Michael’s eyes widened as blood rushed to his face.

“Don’t tell anyone, Jas.” Michael told her as he look away from her.

“It’s so unfair! You have to tell me! I’m your best friend.” Kevin protested but Michael ignored him.

“You know who?” Lisa asked.

“I’m guessing.” Jasmin replied with her eyes sparkling.

Kevin suddenly grabbed Jasmin from behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

“Tell me, Jaz. Who is that girl?” Kevin asked.

“Your cologne smells good.” Jasmin told Kevin.

Kevin blushed while Jasmin smiled at him. Kevin gazed at Jasmin in an unusual way.

“Hey! Stay away from that monster.” Michael warned.

“Monster? Who are you calling monster, freak?” Jasmin asked Michael.

Michael grinned then wrapped his arms around Lisa.

“You should be more like Lisa, you know.” Michael told Jasmin.

Lisa was suddenly uncomfortable when Michael hugged her. She thought that this feeling is strange since when Michael and Jasmin are having a fight, Michael would usually approach her then Jasmin would be angry and that’s normal. But this time, she feels like there is something different here.

“Hey! Stay away from my best friend, pervert!” Jasmin told Michael.

“I won’t.” Michael said as he sticks his tongue out.

Michael and Jasmin are having one of their verbal fights when Jasmin felt something. She was surprised so she looked at Kevin who was all red. Kevin released her.

“I’m sorry.” Kevin apologized and went to out of the room.

“What was that?” Michelle asked.

Michael released Lisa and grabbed Jasmin’s shoulder.

“What happened?” Michael asked.

“I don’t know.” Jasmin replied.

Willie followed Kevin.

“There must be something wrong with him, El. I felt something hard.” Jasmin said.

Michelle laughed while Michael frowned at his sister.

“That Kevin.” Michael said.

“What?” Lisa and Jasmin asked in chorus.

Michael looked at them then went out of the room.

“It’s a guy thing.” Michelle told Lisa and Jasmin.

“Oh! So, how come you know?” Jasmin asked.

“Stop acting like a kid, Jasmin. You’re already 16 years old. You should know.” Michelle told her.

“Yeah, Maybe I should know. I’ll ask him next time.” Jasmin told Michelle.

“Let’s open my gift, shall we?” Michelle said while giggling.

“Yeah. You’ll love our gift mom.” Jasmin said.