Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

13

(Rose's Point of View)
I haven't a clue how it happened, but it did happen. One minute I was ready to kill Scorpius, the next, his lips crashed onto mine. All of the tension between us faded away as he kissed me. I dropped my wand, and wrapped my arms around his neck. God, how I have been waiting for this moment... To be with Scorpius, kissing him...

I pulled away from the kiss, and looked at him. The both of us were in absolute shock, more-so Scorpius than me. Scorpius touched his lips, and backed into the corner of the broom cupboard. Sensing something was wrong, I got my wand, unlocked the broom cupboard, and ran out of the library as fast as I could.
_______________________________________________________________________
(Scorpius' Point of View)
I can't believe what had just happened right there! I mean, I completely lost control! I KISSED ROSE WEASLEY! Of all the girls in school, I had to like her!

Argh! I don't know what's happening to me! I'm scared of this... this feeling inside me. What is it? Is it lo- Is it lo- I can't even say it. Mostly because I know it is true.

Rose is a very beautiful girl, but she would only bring me down. I have to focus on the mission to take Hugh down and work with auntie Bellatrix. I have no time for anything but my plans... Oh God... Her lips on mine... The sweetest lips I will ever taste... Lips that I crave. How I wish she would only tell me she lo- she lo-, you get the point, me. If only it were so!

I AM GOING INSANE! Why am I acting this way over some girl? This all can be summed up by a lyric from my favorite band, MCR, "Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know. And what’s the worst you take, from every heart you break, and like a blade you stain. Well I've been holding on tonight. What’s the worst that I could say? Things are better if I stay. So long and goodnight, so long and goodnight."

It is time to push these thoughts out of my head, and return back to my dorm for more plotting time...
_______________________________________________________________________
(Rose's Point of View)
Tears ran down my face as I ran back to the Gryffindor common room.

"B-b-bat bogeys," I sobbed as the portrait of the Fat Lady opened for me.

I wiped my face on my robe, and sure enough, mum and dad appeared out of nowhere.

"Rose, what's the matter?" asked mum. "What happened?"

"If that Scorpius did anything to you, I will personally kick his ass," said dad angrily.

"Oh honestly Ronald! Let our daughter speak! Go on and tell us dear what's bothering you."

"You two neglected to tell me that SCORPIUS MALFOY was the boy I was meeting in the library!" I shouted, walking past them and up to my dorm. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you wouldn't have gone if we had told you!" cried mum as she began to chase me up the stairs. "There is a reason why you are being a peer councilor to the boy... Uncle Harry has entrusted you to turn the boy's life around..."

"And he doesn't ask my opinion?" I shouted.

"He already knew you fancied Scorpius. He thought maybe you could teach him how to love, or even care for someone other than himself..."

"SCORPIUS SEVERUS MALFOY WILL NEVER CARE FOR ANYONE BUT HIMSELF!" I screamed loudly as I slammed the door to my room.
_______________________________________________________________________
(Draco's Point of View)
Tessie and I were summoned to Harry's office for an update about Rose and Scorpius' first meet. Hermione and Ron were there, looking grim, tired, and very upset. Already something had gone wrong.

Tessie had looked like she had cried herself to sleep last night, even though she tried to hide it and deny it the best she could. Poor Tessie, she doesn't need this sort of thing to come into her life.

"I have received news," said Harry. "That there was a problem between Scorpius and Rose..."

"Yeah! Your boy did something to MY daughter!" sneered Ron angrily. "You tell him to keep his slimy hands off of her!"

"Now Ron, you do not know what actually HAPPENED now do you? I for one do know... Professor Dumbledore?" said Harry as the portrait behind him came into focus.

"Yes, headmaster," bowed Dumbledore.

"You were there in the library overlooking things like I told you to, could you please recap the exchange between Rose and Scorpius for us all please?"

"Well, it wasn't going well from the start. The two of them bumped into each other, and Scorpius called Rose a blood traitor and a mudblood. Rose got very angry with him, and threw him in a broom closet."

"Could you see through it like you could in life?" asked Harry.

"Oh yes, I knew exactly what they were doing. Rose was so angry at Scorpius. She held her wand at his throat, and dared him to call her mudblood again. Scorpius didn't though... He kissed her..."

"WHAT THE-" Tessie, I, Ron, and Hermione cried all at once.

"Yes, he kissed her, and when they broke apart, Scorpius had backed into a corner. That is when Rose had left the library with tears in her eyes..." All of us sat in a stupor. We got ourselves all worked up over a kiss?

"Aw! How sweet!" cried both Hermione and Tessie. Ron and I continued to glare at each other from across the room.

"It is obvious that the boy is wondering what possessed him to do such a thing like that, but he cannot put words to it. It seems for him if he does, it will only make things worse for his plans with Bellatrix."

"He is in denial," I whispered. "Either that, or he doesn't honestly know what love is... I remember back in our third year, when I watched Tessie get sorted. I called her a mudblood, but inside, I was feeling totally different. I couldn't believe I liked her. I mean, look at me, I'm a pureblood Slytherin prince with Death Eater family! I mean really, how could I possibly love someone like that? But I did... and still do..."

Tessie smiled for the first time in a long time back at me, and kissed me. "I know all our kids are going through a very rebellious or trying stage. We all went through the same thing."

I took Tessie's hand, and squeezed it for support. "Our son will be okay. It's a good thing we had gotten the truth from Dumbledore. Now we know that Scorpius is actually capable of some affection. Rose will help him..."

I saw Hermione fidget, and make a funny noise. "What's the matter now?" I asked, looking at Hermione.

"Well, Rose is obviously upset that we did not tell her that she would be meeting Scorpius in the library, and since she is also upset by the kiss they just shared... I-I don't think she will be eager to meet him again..."

"SHIT!" I cursed. "There has to be a way to get her to help him!"

"YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE HER DO SOMETHING SHE DOESN'T WANT TO!" shouted Ron as he got in my face.

"Ron, Draco stop!" cried Tessie, pulling us apart. "Ron is right, we cannot force Rose to do something she doesn't want to... But I have an idea..."
_______________________________________________________________________
(Tessie's Point of View)
I walked up to Rose's dorm, and knocked on the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Aunt Tessie. Please let me in. I have cookies!" The door opened, and Rose let me in. I chuckled to myself. Cookies, always a way to anyone's heart.

"Thank you Aunt Tessie, these are really good!" said Rose as she sat down on her bed. "Muggle or witch way?"

"Muggle way, that's the only way to really make them," I smiled. "Now, I have come to talk to you about something..."

"Let me guess, this is bribery to make me help your son?" asked Rose.

"Well... maybe... yes," I said. "Please Rose, just listen to what I have to say. If you listen, I will tell you all you need to know..."

I had her full attention, and I cleared my throat, and sat next to her on the bed. "I know everything that happened between you and my son. Nothing is a secret with the teachers. We know all."

Rose snorted, and almost choked on her cookie. I patted her on her back, and she was fine. "Anyways," I continued. "There is a reason why we want you to help Scorpius... I don't know how to say this because there is so much to say but not enough time to explain clearly..."

I sighed, and closed my eyes. "Scorpius is a Death Eater. I don't now if you know what that means..."

"I do..." whispered Rose. "Mum told me they were the people you fought in the war... that uncle Draco was one... and you..."

"Well, you have to hear the whole story before you start calling me and uncle Draco evil," I said, seeing Rose tense up. "It was twelve years ago that we had all fought in that war. I was not Death Eater by choice, I was possessed by Voldemort himself, who had sucked all the goodness in my body, and replaced it only with evil. Uncle Draco was a faithful Death Eater until he met me... That is why I am asking you, no, begging you to help me. I tamed the dragon in Draco, please help my son... He is my only boy, and you are the only one who can help him..."