Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

31

I surfaced in the water, and looked around. I saw the fishing pole bob in the water, and move in circles around me. It was coming closer and closer, and I began to hear shouting from where the yacht was.

"TESSIE!!!!!! Swim away as fast as you can!!!!" cried Draco.

It was then, I knew I had caught a shark. I began to panic, and swim back over to the boat. I looked over my shoulder, and saw the fin pop out from beneath the water. I screamed and screamed as it kept getting closer and closer to me.

It's face appeared from beneath the water, and it opened its mouth. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed, swimming even faster now. It seemed the boat was drifting away from my reach, and that I could never get away from the shark. "DRACO!!!!!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!!!!"

There was a splash, and a blur whizzed by me, and punched the shark's daylights out. It quickly swam away, and the blur turned to me, and helped me get to the boat quickly. The person lifted me up and threw me on the platform, gasping, crying, and shivering. I looked up and saw my savior... Lucious Malfoy.

"L-l-lucious?" I gasped as he was helped on board by Draco and Fred. Everyone ran over to see what was the matter. There I was, laying on the floor, shaking like mad and dripping wet. Lucious stood over me, shirt and shoes off, and panting.

"Th-thank you," I choked as he helped me up.

"Now do you believe I am a changed man?" asked Lucious. I looked into his eyes, and saw how concerned and almost vulnerable he looked. He didn't save me to get in my good graces, he saved me because he actually cared about me! I responded to this by hugging him tightly. He put his arms around me as I started to cry. I cried for almost dying, for not letting me see the new side of Lucious, and out of relief. I pulled away after a while, and Draco got me and Lucious a towel to dry off.

"Thank you my love," I said as Draco draped a towel around my shoulders. "I'll be fine... Guess this means no more fishing for me?"

Everyone laughed, and I decided to go back to my room and change into some dry clothes. As I was about to enter my bedroom, Lucious stopped me. "Tessie, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, what's wrong?" I asked.

"You-you hugged me back there," said Lucious. "Why?"

"You saved me," I said, looking deep into his eyes. "I have this... intuition that you didn't do it for Draco. You did it because deep down inside, you do love me..."

"I do love you," said Lucious. "And I want to apologize for all the things that went on during the war. I know I have been a real asshole, even when I showed up at your wedding, and I am sorry. And I'm sorry that I was too ignorant to realize how sweet and beautiful you are..."

"I'm sorry too. I guess old habits die hard, if you know what I mean..." I smiled up at him. "It's so strange how much you have changed... It's kinda scary really."

"Since you married Draco, I knew I had to turn over a new leaf if I ever wanted to see you guys or the kids ever again. So for the past twelve years, Narcissa has been helping me get better. I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I know I am much better than what I was..."

"I didn't think you cared about us that much..." I said. "It has been an awful long time since we last saw you. It is a pity the children haven't seen you guys in ages. I am glad we had this moment together. I now realize that you are good now..."

"Go dry off before you get sick," said Lucious as he left me to change.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I lay there in Draco's arms for a while, and then, I decided to take a small walk about the deck. The ship was very calm that night as I quietly got out of bed, and walked about the boat. I walked towards the stern, and stood there as the wind blew my hair back. I stared at the water, thinking to myself.

"Women on board... very unlucky indeed," muttered a voice, making me jump and turn around. It was the captain of the yacht, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"To counter all of the bad luck, we have to have all of the women naked..." muttered the captain, as if he didn't know I was right there in front of him.

"Excuse me?" I said with raised eyebrows.

"Red heads, even worse! They bring about a curse if you do not speak to them first..."

"Nice rhyme," I said.

"Flowers 'board ship, death to one who inhabits it..." he muttered.

"Uh, hold up!" I said. "Crazy captain say what?"

The captain of the ship walked slowly back to the helm. I ran back to my bedroom. What was all that about? Merlin's sack of jelly beans did that captain scare me!!!!

"DRACO WAKE UP!" I shouted as I shook him. "PLEASE WAKE UP FOR ME!!!!!"

"Mmm, look who's a horny little git now..." muttered Draco in his sleep. "Tessie, it is too late for that..."

"I need to talk to you..."

"This late at night?" moaned Draco. "Alright, I'm all ears..."

"Well," I began. "I was on deck, gazing at the water, when the captain of the ship said something about superstitions on the ship..."

"Superstitions? Like what kind?" asked Draco as he sat up and brushed his hair out of his face.

"Something like women aboard are unlucky, but to counter it you gotta get all of them naked..."

"WICKED!!!!!!!!" said Draco, and I slapped him playfully on the knee.

"No one is getting naked, especially not our daughter Rosaline," I growled. That shut Draco up quite a bit. "But that wasn't all he said. He said red heads on board were unlucky too, and flowers meant that someone was going to DIE! I don't like the sound of any of it, Dray... I'm scared..."

"Oh, bollocks!" cried Draco. "Are you gonna believe a crazy old sea man? I mean really! He has sailed the seas for a long time. People who tend to be at sea for days tend to go a bit mad, so don't listen to him..."

"But-but what if he is right? I mean, he has the experience and all..."

"Tessie, relax. I am here for you, I won't let anything happen to you or anyone aboard this ship..." said Draco as he pulled me on top of him for a tender kiss. "Feeling a bit better?"

I nodded. "Would you want to go to sleep or shall we?" I asked with a wicked grin on my face.

That woke Draco up. His eyes shot wide open, and I lifted my nightie and lowered his pants, pressing our bodies together in a heat of passion and excitement.

"WHOO! I'm going to bed now," said Draco after we had been at it for almost two hours. "You sure know how to wear a guy out..."

"I hope I didn't break you," I said imitating a little girl's voice.

"I hope not either! You came pretty close to it! I am sore and beat!" said Draco as he sighed, and collapsed onto his pillow and fell asleep.
_______________________________________________________________________

The next few days in August were very unlucky for us. We had storms, high gusts of wind, and poor Neville almost got swept overboard, had it not been for Hermione.

My sister's birthday was rapidly approaching, and I wanted her and the family to come on the boat to celebrate. I sent them a portkey via owl mail, and soon, my parents and sister were on the boat.

"Happy birthday Michaela!" I said, giving my sister a big hug.

"Thank you, and thank you for inviting us on your yacht!" said Michaela.

Mum and dad looked nervously about the ship, but once mum saw Narcissa and the rest of the gang, she could not keep her mouth shut for very long...

"AH!!!!!! Narcissa! I haven't seen you in twelve years! How's it going? Oh my goodness! Harry Potter!!!!! And there's Hermione!! And Ron!!!! And the Weasley twins!!!!! And all of your children!! And my grandbabies!!!!!!!! Oh my God, all of you grow up so fast!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh God, not another melt-down from my mum," I muttered into Draco's ear.

"DRACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" my mum screamed into my ear as she threw her arms around him in a bone crushing hug.

"Mum! Don't break him! I'm gonna need him later tonight... and the next couple of nights as well!" I said.

Dad stood there, nervously looking at everyone, until he saw Lucious, and walked over to him. "You must be Draco's father," said my dad. "Do you like.... do you like automobiles... you know... cars?"

"Like them? I LOVE THEM!" said Lucious. And so my dad and Draco's dad went off in a mad frenzied passion about cars and whatnot.

"Mum," I said, pulling her aside. "I didn't tell you this, but... I'm pregnant again!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" mum screamed, making dad and Lucious jump at the same time. "My Theresa is pregnant again?!?! Oh what wonderful news!"

"Come on mum, dad, Michaela," I said. "I'll show you to your rooms..."

That night, I unveiled Michaela's cake, a homemade cake of Draco, who was her most favorite person in the whole world. She loved Draco so much that I decided to bake a cake that resembled him. We all sang happy birthday, and then had some cake.

"I get dibs on Draco's crotch," I sang as I cut myself a piece.

"Aw come on!" cried Fred. "I wanted that piece! And you already got the real thing..."

"True, but I like eating Draco's crotch," I whispered to Fred and Rosie as they erupted into a loud fit of giggles and laughter.

"I heard that!" said Draco, as he winked at me.

"Cake's delicious!" said Michaela.

"Real thing's even tastier," I whispered into Draco's ear, making him drop his fork. "Well, in my family, we have this little tradition: we smear icing on each other's faces for good luck..." And with that, I took a small bit of icing, and put some on Draco's cheeks and lips.

"Your turn," said Draco as he put some icing on my nose.

"You are very funny darling," I said as I kissed his lips, and licked the icing off of them. He pulled away, and began to suck on the tip of my nose to get the icing off.

After we all had blessed each other with icing for good luck, we all piled into our rooms and went to bed...

CRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSH!

"Wh-what was that?" I murmured.

"No idea," said Draco sleepily. "Go back to bed beautiful, it was probably a propeller in overdrive or something..."

I began to close my eyes, and settle back into my dream. I was with Draco, and we were laying beneath the stars.

"I love you," said Draco as he held me close against his body.

"I love you too, Draco my one, my only," I said as he started to kiss me. We then made love underneath the stars, and then, for some strange reason, the world shook in my dream...

"Draco? Why is the ground shaking?" I asked.

"Tessie! Wake up!" cried Draco as he shook me out of my dream. I opened my eyes, and noticed that the candles on the dresser had fallen to the floor. The shaking was not a dream, it was a reality.

"Something's wrong," said Draco. "A boat shouldn't make a sound like that..."

"Oh, Draco! What do you think is wrong?" I asked, as I shook with fear.

"I dunno Tess, but I am going to find out what caused that shaking..." said Draco as he got out of bed and headed for the deck.