Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

33

(Tessie's Point of View)
"I'm so sorry for getting all emotional over this... It was such a long time ago that this happened..."

"No, you need this," I said softly. "You've held this in, tried to be brave for Lucious for too long... Now that you have the time, get all of your feelings out. You'll feel better."

"You know, I am glad Draco married you, Theresa," said Narcissa. "He was supposed to marry Pansy, but his heart was with you. I couldn't possibly force him to love or marry Pansy! And... I liked you better than her anyway..."

I snorted, and smiled at Narcissa. "Does it run in the family?"

"What does?" asked Narcissa, smiling back at me.

"That there is more than meets the eye with you, Draco, and Lucious," I said.

We walked back to the trapdoor, and I knocked once on the door. It opened, and when my head poped out, I was greeted with, "Did you enjoy your wee?" by Fred.

"Very much," I smirked as I sat back down next to Draco. "Come on, let's get to rowing..."

I picked up my oar, and started to do a few strokes, and stopped.

"Guys... guys... GUYS!!!" I started to scream and point.

The sky had turned from a light blue, to dark and stormy. The water, which was still and calm before, was now churning and crashing against the boat. The waves were becoming rougher and rougher, crashing up against the boat and soaking all of us inside it.

"OUCH!" cried Draco as he took a crab that the wave had brought from his nose.

"Everyone has a lifebelt on right?" I asked, looking around and making sure. "Oh my God! How can I be so damn stupid!!!!!!"

"What?" asked Draco over the roar of the wind and ocean.

"Everyone quickly down to the bathroom! We'll be much safer there!" I screamed over the noise. We got the all of the kids down there first, and then the adults started to go down the trap door when...

CRASH!!!!!!!! A huge wave engulfed the boat. Screams, screams of terror, screams of sadness, screams fading... fading...

I woke to the sounds of sobbing. I realized I was laying on the bathroom floor with my head in Draco's lap. My face was wet with tears, but I couldn't remember crying.

I opened my eyes, and saw Draco's wet and red face. He had been the one crying, but why? Draco hasn't cried since I died...

"Darling?" I whispered. "What's the matter?"

Draco covered his face with his hands. I looked around the room, and saw that everyone was sad, and looked like they had been crying for a while. Somehow, I had this sinking feeling in my stomach that someone was missing... but who?

"Someone... someone isn't here," I said slowly. "All the children are here, both my parents and Draco's parents are here, Michaela, Harry, Ginny, Neville, me, Draco, Ron, Hermione, Luna, George, Fred, Ro-" I stopped suddenly. Where was Rosie? "Draco... what happened? Where is Rosie?"

"She... she..." Draco began through his tears.

"Theresa, she's gone," said my mum, coming over to me and kissing the top of my head. "We did our best to try to save her, but nothing, not even magic could save her from being washed away. The wave was way too strong..."

"My best friend..." I said, and the tears fell down my face. I looked over at Fred, and saw how miserable he was. He looked like he wanted to jump ship.

"Fred, come here," I beckoned. "I know you are feeling much worse than me, but you still have to know that I loved her just as much as you did..."

I gave him a hug, and he cried into my shoulder. "I have just lost the love of my life... My reason for living... The mother of my children... my other half... my better half..."

"We are all hurting, Fred. You need not suffer alone," I said. "She was my best friend in the whole world. Goddamn it, why her???"