Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

34

We all had a moment of silence as the boat rocked us back and forth. "Draco, I am scared..." I whimpered. "I'm scared for us all..."

"We will all be alright," said Draco. "The storm will stop, and we will reach land, you'll see..."

"Not all of us will be alright, look at poor Fred and his boys," I whispered sadly. "They just lost their wife and mother. Rosie... God, if only I had thought of hiding in the bathrooms sooner. She would still be with us... I'm such an idiot! I could have saved her Draco!!"

I slammed my fist into the wall as hard as I could. "I COULD HAVE SAVED HER!!!"

'Guess you didn't belong in Ravenclaw after all,' I thought to myself as I slid down the wall and rested my head on my knees. 'Clearly, brains isn't everything... How you even got into that house amazes me. You probably didn't even belong in any of the houses 'cause you are such a bumbling idiot! Whoops, strike that, you do belong in one house: HUFFLEPUFF! 'Cause you are an IDIOT and a MURDERER!!!'

'I didn't kill Rosie! Why would I want to kill Rosie? I LOVED her! She's my best friend!'

'You killed her...'

"STOP PLEASE!!!!" I moaned as I began to punch, scratch and kick the air, trying to fight off the thoughts.

"Mum!" cried Rosaline as she covered her mouth in shock. I felt hands on my body, Draco's hands, trying to calm me, trying to subdue me.

"I didn't do it... I loved Rosie!" I sobbed as Draco tried to calm me. "I wouldn't ever... I couldn't possibly..."

"Shhh, I know," said Draco as he held me close. "It's hard for everyone here..."

I got up from the floor, and walked up to the trap door, and knocked once on it. It opened, and I crawled out of the bathroom.

"TESSIE! GET BACK HERE!" cried Draco as he ran towards the trap door. It shut and locked in his face, and I walked around the boat. The storm had calmed a bit, but the water was still churning with energy. I straddled the edge of the boat, ready to jump when-

"TESSIE! NO!!!!!!!!" screamed Draco as he ran over and pulled me over. "Oh God, please don't do this! I NEED you Tessie. The kids need you, Fred needs you, and the twins need you too!"

I fought Draco with all I had, trying to wriggle out of his arms. I punched him, scratched him, but he held me tightly so I wouldn't jump.

"LET ME GO DAMN IT!" I said as I wriggled in his arms. "I am going to try to get Rosie! Let me go!"

"I know you aren't thinking clearly Tessie, please listen to me!" cried Draco."She wouldn't have wanted you to do this... She would have wanted you to stay here and help Fred and the kids. We resurrected you from the dead because we wanted you back, please don't make it be in vain..."

"Oh Draco! She's gone! And there is nothing we can do to bring her back!" I sobbed into his shirt. "My God... She was so young and beautiful..."

"Tess, it was unavoidable. We did all we could to try to save her. For now, let's try to move on, for everyone's sake."

"I-I don't think I can," I sobbed. "I'm never going to hear her laughter, never going to see her smile or joke about something with me."

"You are needed around here Tess," said Draco. "You have to help Fred take care of the kids. Do it for Rosie's sake..."

"I-I'll do it for Rosie... I'll live for Rosie and you," I said as the two of us climbed back down to the bathrooms.