Status: COMPLETE

Funny How I Fell in Love With You

35

Days had passed since Rosie left us. We had a small ceremony for her in her memory. It helped a little bit to give her a proper funeral, although we had no body. We lit candles, and prayed for Rosie.

'Rosie, I promise you, I will take care of Hugh and Hugo, and Fred for you... Please know that you are missed, and you are loved beyond all capacity of love. I wish I could be with you now in heaven, but I need to stay here and help the others... and to have my baby. I hope you are watching over us, and protecting us...'

One day, I decided to walk up to the boat, and check in search of land. Draco refused to let me go alone, and went up with me. The bright sunlight burned our eyes that were used to the darkness, and we saw what we had all been dreaming for: LAND!

"Guys!!!!!!!" I screamed. "Get up here! We've found land!!!!!!"

I jumped off the boat, and swam the rest of the way to the shore.

"You shouldn't be doing that! You are three months along with MY child!" said Draco as he swam after me.

I swam towards the shore, and realized where we had landed. We had landed on the shore near Hogwarts! How convenient!

Everyone climbed out of the boat and swam towards Draco and I. Once everyone reached the shore, I conjured up some towels for everyone.

"Right! Everyone is going to sleep in the castle tonight," said Harry as he toweled his glasses. "Tessie, you can take your family to the Ravenclaw dorms, Draco, take your parents to the Slytherin dorms. The rest of us will sleep in our normal rooms and dorms."

I quickly made sure that Scorpius and Rosaline were okay before escorting my sister and parents to the Ravenclaw dorms. "This is where you will be staying," I said. "It's quite cozy here. Don't mind if you see any ghosts. They won't do you any harm, and can't do you any harm..."

"YOU HAVE GHOSTS HERE?!?!" shrieked my dad. "Doreen, we have to leave NOW."

"Dad, there is no way to take you home, and we are all very tired and have been through so much. Let's just deal with this for one night, that's all I ask. And anyway, supper should be ready soon..."

"Boy am I starving," said Michaela. We all ate silently in the Great Hall, all lost deep in our own thoughts.

"Well... this is nice," said my mom, trying to be cheerful. "The food's absolutely delicious! And, I don't have to dishes! Who made the food? I want the recipe!"

"Mum, house elves made the supper. Please do not go after them and ask them for the recipe. They are very hardworking creatures, and do not need you to bug them..." I said wearily. "Fred, can I talk to you for a bit?"

Fred got up slowly, and we walked to the entrance of the Great Hall. "If you didn't know by now, I've been absolutely miserable over Rosie's death," I began. "While we were on that small boat, I attempted to jump and kill myself. If it wasn't for Draco, I wouldn't still be here..."

"Tessie, I'm hurting just as bad as you are, if not a million times worse," said Fred as he gave me a huge hug. "If anyone should be trying to kill themselves, it should be me... The love of my life is dead. We had it all planned out: we'd run the joke shop with George and work at the school, and then we'd give the kids the joke shop when we would retire in our old age... But now, I'll never see Rosie ever again. I will never grow old with her..."

"That night I attempted suicide, I made a vow to Rosie," I said, cupping Fred's face in my hands. "I vowed to take care of you and the kids. You guys have always been like family to me, and you need all the help you can get with those boys. Here is my proposition: why don't you and your boys move out of your little house, and come live with us in the mansion?"

"I-I will think about it, Tessie," said Fred as he hugged me. "Thank you Tessie. If Rosie were here today, she would be happy that her boys are being well taken care of. And she would say that you are doing the right thing..."

"I'm going to bed," I said as I kissed Fred on the cheek. "Goodnight. Don't forget to tell the others where I went so they don't think I ran away."

Fred laughed for the first time in days, and smiled back at me. "Goodnight Tess..."

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I woke with a start. Someone was screaming. I quickly got up and put on my robe, and ran out of my bedchambers. "LUMOS!" I cried, lighting my wand. I walked down the corridors, but couldn't find anything.

"Oh how could I be so STUPID! Accio Marauder's Map!"

The map flew into my hands, and I quickly opened it, and tapped it with my wand. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..."

The map revealed that I wasn't the only one out of bed. Another person in the school was out of bed, and was talking to one of the ghosts in the Great Hall.

I ran down the stairs, waking up several portraits from their slumber. "Sorry all, person out of bed... I gotta run," I said apologetically.

"TURN THAT DAMN LIGHT OUT!" growled a portrait at me.

I ran like a madwoman to the Great Hall, clutching the stitch in my side. "Ow! What-ow are you doing-ow out of bed?!?!" I screamed.

"Tell him to leave me alone! Get it away from me! He keeps calling me Tessie! Make it stop!!!!!!!" screamed my sister Michaela.

I sighed. I looked up, and saw that Severus Snape had caught my sister out of bed, and mistook her for me. It happens to us all the time. Even my parents still sometimes mistake me for Michaela. "Tessie?" asked Severus as he floated next to me. "Then who is this?"

"My sister, Michaela," I said. "She's a muggle, that's why you have never seen her before at school."

"Get that-that THING away from me!" cried Michaela as she hid behind me.

"Sis, Severus can't harm you any more than he can harm me!" I explained. "He's a ghost. He can't hurt you or do anything to you... And besides, what were you doing out of bed missy?"

"I, er- wanted to explore the castle?" said Michaela.

"A likely story this late at night?" I asked. "You gotta come up with a better excuse than that. And believe me, I am a teacher here at this school, and I have heard it all..."

"I-I was hungry, and I wanted something to eat," said Michaela in a small voice. "I'm really sorry! Please don't send scary over there after me!"

"Professor Snape isn't scary!" I said, then remembered how when I was in school how intimidating he could be. "Well, intimidating is more like it. But believe me, he won't scare you. Anyone who is a friend or family member of mine will never be harmed by him. He loves me..."

"That I do," said Severus as he bowed to me.

"Come on Michaela, I'll take you to get something to eat," I said as I grabbed her arm, and walked her towards a small portrait of a fruit basket. I tickled the pear, and the door opened to reveal all of the house elves tidying up after their cooking, and preparing for the back to school feast.

"What are these beasts?" asked Michaela, hiding behind me as she looked at the house elves in sheer terror.

"They are not beasts; they are house elfs," I said as I escorted her over to the kitchen, and asked a house elf for some leftovers.

"Yes, anything for mistress Malfoy," bowed the house elf as it scurried away.

"Why are you so loved here?" asked Michaela.

"It's because I'm not a sourpuss like you," I said with a small smirk. "And maybe because I treat everyone with the respect they deserve... that, and I have been overly generous to these poor creatures by giving them a hundred thousand galleons each..."

"My word, no wonder they like you!" cried Michaela.

"But even if you give them money, they will respect you more if you treat them with respect," I said as the house elf returned with a plate full of food.

"Thank you," said Michaela as she smiled back at the small house elf.

The house elf bowed to her, and left the room. "Wow, you being nice to a house elf? Pinch me I must be dreaming..."

"Theresa, there is something I needed to tell you," said Michaela. "Ever since Rosie died, I have been having these nightmares. They keep getting worse and worse..."

"Please, tell me about them," I said.

"Well, I didn't know at the time, but I was having a dream that I was at Hogwarts," said Michaela. "I was walking along the corridor, and I saw a flash of green light. I ran to get a closer look at where the light came from, and saw this woman who had dark hair, pale skin, and a scowl on her face. She flashed me this weird tattoo, and then said Alabamy Kalamy, and I was blasted with the green light. After that, I wake up, and find myself screaming my ass off. Do you have any idea what this is all about?"