Through the Looking Glass

Down The Rabbit Hole

Now, normally when a rabbit hole is a small as this one, a human being doesn't tend to fit. Strangely, I did. Slipping down, I felt my feet touch the ground. I pulled myself lower, crouched as I walked the dark tunnels. Strange. The hole itself was so small, but these tunnels... I continued on, my shoes crunching on the earth bellow me. Weird...the ground sounds hollow, as if it's going to My feet were no longer on solid ground as I went toppling down, light suddenly bursting into the space. I was no longer in the rabbit hole. I was in a never ending pit, odd objects falling with me. Cards, water glasses, a doll that looked oddly like Mom's sister...Alice...

Something hit my head, making me yelp, but when I looked down and saw the ground hurtling towards me, I screamed. My scream seemed to echo on as my feet touched the ground, only...softly. As if something had caught me. I opened my eyes, seeing a odd, yet beautiful Victorian style door. I crawled closer, looking over the swirls and lines. The art in it was incredible, and as I sat back on my knees, I noticed the door knob. And the fact that there was a draft. I looked down, shrieking. "What the hell?!" I roared, looking over the odd, powder blue dress now covering my body. "What happened to my damn pants?!"

"Would you please? I'm trying to get some rest!" A voice chided, making me jump. I was alone in the room, yet it was as if someone was with me. I looked around, watching every shadow, waiting for someone to jump out at me. "What in the-" It was then I noticed the door. It had a mouth. And a nose. And eyes. All of which were set in a grimace. Again, I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Madaline's dress
Image