Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 11

After speaking with Guiliana from E! News, I went back stage to sit in the room where everyone else was. Sitting down, I grabbed my phone out of my bag and dialled Claire’s number while I used Tj’s phone to ring Jordan to make sure they got up.

After a few rings, both girls answered their phones to me.

“Girls, you have half an hour until the car gets there, move your butts.” I said quickly.

“What? Have you done the interview already?” Jordan mumbled.

“Yes I have. Now move your butts.”

“Fine, were going.” Claire mumbled tiredly before hanging up, Jordan doing the same moments later.

Next I rang the driver and told him to go and pick Claire up and make sure that he was waiting for them. He knew to be there in half an hour giving me chance to calm down a bit and talk to Selena, Demi and Jesse McCartney. I knew the girls would be jealous at this point.

Within ten minutes of sitting with Demi, Selena and Jesse, Miley Cyrus walked over. She sat down next to Demi quietly before suddenly joining the conversation. After 5 minutes, Selena was called to the stage. I left with her to listen to her set of 5 songs.

Selena’s set went well and was taken well by everyone in the crowd, even a few of the big security guards seemed to be enjoying themselves. As Selena came off stage, my phone buzzed in my pocket of my dress. Congratulating Selena, I went to a quite corner before answering my phone.

“Lauren, we can’t get in.” Jordan said sounding angry.

“What? Wait a minute, ill come and get you.” I said quickly.

“Ok, we’re by a big bald man.” Jordan said I could hear Claire laugh.

“Alright, im just the other side of that door. Two minutes.” I said before hanging up.

I quickly shoved my phone back into the pocket on my dress and went to the door. Pulling it open, I smiled at the big bald security guard.

“Hi, im Lauren. Uhm, these are my friends and their supposed to be in here.” I said nicely.

“Hi Lauren. Oh im sorry, I wasn’t sure, we’ve had a few girls pretending this morning. Come on in girls.” He said gently.

“Thanks.” I said before closing the door again and leading Claire and Jordan back to the room where we were all sat.

Before we went in, I stopped and looked at my friends.

“Now girls be nice and don’t act like an obsessed fan. I have to warn you that Miley Cyrus is in there so please don’t do anything stupid. We’ll sit on the other side of the room to her, I think Selena’s sitting where im gunna sit so we’ll be sat with her.” I warned.

“Fine, we’ll be good.” Claire muttered.

“Jordan?”

“I promise.” Jordan said.

I smiled at them before leading them into the room.

“Lauren, when’s your set?” Jesse McCartney yelled across the room to me.

“Uhm, in like fifteen minutes. Why?”

“Because mines right after yours so im gunna watch yours first.”

“Ok cool.” I said, slumping down onto the chair while Claire and Jordan stood open mouthed.

“Lauren, Jesse McCartney just spoke to you like you’re old friends from school.” Jordan gushed sitting next to me.

“So, you’ll get that one day too.” I reminded her smiling.

The next fifteen minutes went by fast, Claire and Jordan sat talking to Jesse, Demi and Selena while Miley was out on stage and I was taken to make sure all of my wires and my ear piece was still working before quickly warming my vocals up.

“Girls, come on, im on stage now.” I said as I popped my head around the door.

“Ok, we’re coming now.” Claire smiled as she stood up, Jordan following her and then Jesse following Jordan.

“Have fun.” Claire said before I walked out on stage.

“Good luck, don’t break a leg.” Jordan laughed, knowing my tendency to hurt myself a lot.

“Don’t break a leg?” Jesse asked confused.

“We’ll explain once im done.” I laughed as I grabbed my mic and walked out onto the stage to begin my set of 5 songs.

As I ran around on stage, singing and having a laugh with the band that were backing me, I noticed a black car pull up just behind the crowd. Three black clad figures jumped out of the car and ran into the tent where the security went to have their breaks. I forgot it after they had all disappeared and carried on with my songs. Once I was finished, I thanked the crowd for being amazing and then disappeared backstage again.

“That was fun.” I laughed as I gave my microphone back.

“That was amazing.” Jesse commented.

“Thanks, it would be better if I wasn’t up there on my own though. Never mind, things will be different this time in a year or so.” I smiled.

Jesse smiled before grabbing his mic and going on stage. As the music began, Claire, Jordan and I sat down on the floor to watch.

“I have a feeling I know who are surprise performers are.” I smirked.

“Who?” Claire asked, turning her attention from the stage to me.

“Your lover boys.” I laughed.

“What? How do you know?” Jordan asked blushing.

“I know because I saw 3 boys jump out of a car and run into the security tent behind the crowd before I came off stage.” I smiled.

“How do you know it was them then?”

“Because this is a Hollywood Records show and they are the only group of 3 boys that are with Hollywood Records.”

“Oh yeah.” Claire laughed as Jesse sang the last song of his set.

As he thanked the crowd and the band, he ran off stage just as we stood up, brushing the dirt off of ourselves.

“You were amazing Jesse.” I smiled as we walked back to the lounge area.

“Lauren, you’re supposed to be singing one more song in like 5 minutes.” Demi shouted across the room to me and Miley took the last available seat near Jordan and Claire.

“Am I?” I said as both Jordan and Claire got up to sit with me on the floor.

“Yup, you’ve been put down to sing with the surprise act. You’re singing Ill Stand by You apparently.”

“Since when? I didn’t know that, I can’t even remember all of the words.” I said jumping from my space on the floor.

“I dunno, it says so right there though.” Demi replied, pointing to my name.

Sighing, I grabbed my phone and dialled Simon’s number.

“Simon, why am I singing Ill Stand by You with the surprise act and why wasn’t I told?” I said completely frustrated.

“Because it was a surprise that the surprise act wanted.” Simon said matter of factly.

“I need to know these things. I can barely remember the words when I want to.” I said as I slumped against the wall.

Looking at Claire and Jordan I saw them giving Miley dirty looks across the room making her look anywhere but at them. The sight lifted my mood slightly.

“That’s why ive got the words being sent to your through your ear piece, Lauren, everything is sorted. Now I have to go, have a good time out there and remember to smile.” Simon said before hanging up.

“What did Simon say?” Claire asked as I sat back down.

“I have to sing, it was a surprise. Come on, its time to go.” I muttered while I through a dirty look towards Miley as we left.

Standing at the side of the stage, I waited for the curtain to drop revealing the support act who I thought I knew already. As the music for Ill Stand by You began and I walked out onto the stage, my microphone in hand, the curtain dropped and the Jonas Brothers walked towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Claire asked me to update and I was debating on doing it anyway, so here it goes, your 3rd update today :]
Aren't you lucky?
What do you think?
Lauren x