Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 19

3 Months in to tour
Lauren’s POV
“I can’t believe its been 3 months since we started tour already.” I sighed as I sat down next to Kevin after another great show.

“I know, it just doesn’t seem like it’s been that long.” Claire said, her arms wrapped around Joe’s neck as she sat on his lap.

“Just think, this time 3 months ago we were all annoyed at how long we were going to be away without seeing our families or friends or anything and now it’s almost over and it doesn’t seem like we started yesterday.” Jordan added.

I moved slightly so I was leant against Kevin, my eyes suddenly feeling very heavy. Kevin wrapped one arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“You should go to bed, you’ve been up since 6.” Kevin said gently.

“I can’t be bothered to move though.” I smiled.

“Come on, bed.” Kevin said, moving me slightly as he stood up.

“No.” I protested, not once moving.

“Lauren, go to bed.” Claire said sternly.

“Claire dear, just because my mum said you have to look after me doesn’t mean you have to tell me to go to bed.” I said.

“Im older than you though so I get the right to tell you to go to bed. Now move it.” Claire said again, more sternly this time though.

“Fine.” I sighed, standing up and walking to the bunk area, Kevin following behind me.

I pulled myself into my bunk, having already put my pyjamas on I was ready for bed. Kevin sat in his bunk opposite mine, holding my hand across the small gap between the beds.

“You can go back out with the others if you want too.” I said gently.

“No its fine. I want to stay with you.” Kevin said quietly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Go to sleep.”

“Ok.” I yawned, crawling under the covers and pulling my blanket from when I was a baby around my shoulders slightly.

I led in my bunk, Kevin sat in his opposite mine watching me intently as I dropped off to sleep still holding his hand.

Kevin’s POV
I sat with Lauren, holding her hand, as she drifted off to sleep. Once I was sure she was properly asleep, I let go of her hand and moved her into her bunk more so that she was led so she wouldn’t fall out, before kissing her head and pulling her curtain across.

Once id done that, I went back into the living area of the bus where the others were sat. sitting down next to Nick and Jordan, I grabbed the remote and turned the TV down.

“Kev, what are you doing?” Joe moaned as Claire began to drift off to sleep on his chest.

“Im turning it down because Lauren’s flat out back there and Claire’s falling asleep now.” I said quietly.

“Oh right. Claire baby, come on, lets get you to bed.” Joe said, picking Claire up bridal style.

“No, let me stay there.” Claire whined.

“No, like you told Lauren, go to bed.” Joe said gently carrying Claire to her bunk.

As Joe took Claire to her bunk, Nick looked down at Jordan to see her now falling to sleep. He gently picked her up and carried her to her bunk, leaving me in the living area on my own.

Joe and Nick went to bed after making sure Claire and Jordan were ok in their bunks. I sat in the living area, watching re-runs of Cribbs on MTV on my own until I finally drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later
I woke up when I felt someone touch my cheek gently. Opening my eyes slowly, I smiled as I saw Lauren, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of me.

“What are you doing in here?” She said quietly.

“Sleeping.” I smiled.

“Kevin, it’s like 2 in the morning, come on, get to bed.” Lauren said, tugging my hand.

“I don’t mind. What are you doing up?”

“I couldn’t sleep so I thought id come and get a drink and watch some TV until im tired again.”

“You don’t sleep much do you?” I asked gently, sitting up so that Lauren could sit next to me.

“Not really, I haven’t for years so im used to it. Come on, lets get you into bed.” She said, taking my hand and pulling me up.

“No. lets just sit here for a bit.” I said, pulling her down and encircling her waist with my arms.

Before long we had both dropped off to sleep again, my arms still around her waist and her head on my chest. It was the best night’s sleep I had, had in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im starting to update maybe every 3 days now because I start college on Monday so I dont think im going to actually get the updates written that much....
All the updates are pretty short now because im just trying to make enough updates to last.
What do you think though?
Lauren x