Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 2

3rd Person’s POV
As Lauren, Claire and Jordan got off of the plane, following Simon with Tj stood just behind them, you could tell Lauren had a plan by the way her eyes had a special light in them.

As the 3 girls walked into the airport, their luggage being pushed by Simon, Lauren began telling her friends of the amazing plan she had.

“That comment made me think, we really should be in a band. It would be so much more fun being together all of the time. Stuff being a solo artist, it’s more fun when we’re together.” Lauren said, looking at her best friends.

“What? You mean you wanna start a band together?” Claire asked in shock.

“Yeah, don’t you think we were good together before?” Lauren quizzed.

“Well yeah we were, but you’re a solo artist, you can’t just suddenly be in a band.” Jordan said, sliding her sunglasses on as the sun beat down in LA.

“I could, people have done it before.”

“People have left bands to become solo artists, I don’t think ive ever heard of it being done the other way round.” Jordan replied.

“Never mind, ill be the first.” Lauren said as she began smiling and talking to the paparazzi waiting for her outside.

As Lauren told the paparazzi that her friends were here with her because she wanted them to be in LA with her, Claire and Jordan began to think about Lauren’s idea. It seemed like a good idea. If they formed a band together they would be able to go all over the world together and have fun, making music and just being themselves, not having to be quite when they were out with Lauren to shield their identities that tiny little bit.

Lauren’s POV
“So what do you think?” I quizzed my friends as we sat in our hotel room eating ice cream.

“About?” Jordan asked around a mouth full of her favourite ice cream, cookie dough.

“Us becoming a band.” I laughed after swallowing a mouthful of chocolate ice cream.

“Oh right, well, its sounds like a good idea.” Jordan smiled.

“Claire?” I said, looking over to Claire who was putting a spoon with her favourite ice cream, mint choc chip, into her mouth.

After swallowing, Claire smiled and said, “Im up for it.”

“So we’re gunna do it?” I smiled.

“Yeah!” Claire and Jordan yelled together making me laugh.

“Ill tell Simon what’s happening tomorrow then.” I smiled.

“Wait, you can’t tell Simon, he’s your manager.”

“So, ill tell him im not gunna be a solo artist anymore, it’s me and you two and that’s it. If he don’t like it then he can get stuffed, we’re a band now, not a solo artist and her friends.” I smiled at them.

After that we stopped talking about us becoming a band and concentrated on the rules we were given for meeting the Jonas Brothers the next afternoon after I had appeared on The Early Show where I would be filmed live singing from the Mall half an hours drive from our hotel.

“Im not gunna remember those rules.” I laughed as the door to our room swung open, Tj walking in.

“Time for bed girls. You gotta be up at 5 tomorrow and it’s nearly midnight now.” He smiled as he made sure that the windows and balcony doors were locked.

“Do we have to?” I whined as Tj walked back to the door.

“Yes, im not dealing with 3 cranky teenage girls tomorrow morning.” He said before turning off the light and leaving the room.

3rd Persons POV
within an hour of Tj turning off the light in the 3 friend’s bedroom, all girls were asleep. Each dreaming the same thing, being in a band together that would, hopefully, rise above the rest, just like Lauren had while being a solo artist.

The next morning
Tj went in at 5 to 5 in the morning to wake the sleeping girls. Turning on the light, he called out the girls names. Once each of the girls were sat up and looking around the room with blurry eyes he told them they had an hour to get ready before they had to have breakfast and then leave for Lauren’s performance.

When Lauren quizzed why she had to be at the Mall at 7 in the morning, Tj replied with, “You have to have your make up and hair done,” before leaving the room again.

Lauren’s POV
After having a shower, drying, dressing and doing my hair for the morning, I sat and waited for Claire to finish her hair while Jordan had a shower.

“It would have been quicker if I had a shower first.” Claire whined as she ran the straightners over a lock of hair for the tenth time.

“Ill help. My straightners won’t take 2 minutes to heat up.” I said, standing up and flicking my straightners back on.

“Ok, thanks.” Claire smiled as I began on the opposite side of hair.

Jordan walked out of the bathroom not long after, her hair wet slightly.

“Can I borrow someone’s hair dryer, I can’t be bothered to un pack mine.” Jordan smiled.

“Sure, mines on my bed.” I said.

“Thanks.” Jordan smiled before doing her hair.

After 45 minutes, we were all ready. Jordan’s hair falling in its natural straightness and mine and Claire’s straightened to perfection, mine being done so for the first time in ages. Claire was wearing a pair of denim ¾ lengths and a teal tank top while Jordan was wearing a pair of yellow shorts and a white tank top. I was wearing a pair of turquoise combat ¾ lengths with a white cami top. All of us were wearing flip flops, mine and Jordan’s both being white while Claire’s were teal.

There was a knock on the door just as we were leaving to go down to breakfast. I opened the door to reveal a maid pushing a trolley with different things for our breakfast on. Simon and Tj walking just behind the maid.

“Morning.” I smiled at the maid, Simon and Tj.

“Good morning my little superstar.” Simon smiled.

“Thank you.” I said to the maid who began leaving after placing the tray in the middle of the room.

“That’s ok, it’s my job.” She smiled.

“Here you go.” I smiled at her, giving her a ten dollar bill before she left.

She thanked me and left the room with a smile on her face.

“That was kind of you.” Tj said as he took his position by the door.

“It was only fair for her to get a tip for bringing us breakfast up.”

“It’s her job.” Simon said coldly as he sat down at the table.

“Never mind. Simon, we need to talk about mine and the girls careers.” I said, taking a seat in between Claire and Jordan.

“Oh right, go a head.” Simon said looking intrigued.

“Basically, as from next month, im not a solo artist anymore, im in a band with my best friends.” I said before eating a piece of toast.

“You what?” Simon asked in shock.

“You heard me. If you don’t like it ill find another manager and if the record label don’t like it then ill stop my contract and try to get signed by another label.” I said sternly.

“Oh really.”

“Yes really. I need you to make me an appointment for in a few days time before we leave at Hollywood Records. Ok?” I said before eating my breakfast.

“Fine, I understand. Ill stay with you but I think you’re making a mistake doing this at the height of your career.” Simon said as he dialled the number for Hollywood Records.

“Thank you.” I smiled before grinning widely at Claire and Jordan who were both grinning next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this has ended up being a short story LOL.
Im just about to start the next chapter, it may end up being about 5 chapter long.
Im not sure yet though
What do you think?
Thanks for reading.
Lauren x