Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 32

After the ceremony, we all left. Claire and Joe went off in one car while all the bridesmaids and best men climbed into a white limo.

“Don’t forget you promised me a dance.” Frankie smiled as the limo set off in the direction of the hotel where the party was being held.

“Don’t worry Franks, I wont forget.” I smiled ruffling his hair.

“Good.” He grinned before turning to Nick to talk to him.

“Jordan, just think, in three weeks I have to wear another dress but it’ll be because of your wedding.” I grinned.

“I know, I cant wait.” Jordan squealed.

The rest of the ride to the venue, I stayed silent, talking to my mum through text messages. When we arrived, I ran over to hug my family before being taken inside. My mum had told me my dad would get my birthday presents from the hotel later on. I refused though, telling her I would give them all a lift home in my car and would grab my presents from them then.

“Lauren! You owe me a dance.” Frankie yelled once all of the speeches had been made.

“So I do.” I said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the dance floor.

“I asked for a song.” Frankie grinned as my version of ‘I will’ was played. Laughing, i started to dance with Frankie.

“I like this song.” He grinned making me smile at him again.

“Thank you.”

“That’s ok.”

As the song ended, Frankie did a little bow, mimicking his brother’s actions after they had finished a show. I waved at him before walking back over to my seat, just as the first song for the married couple was played. Moments, by westlife, blasted through the speakers as Joe and Claire danced around the floor. Because of the sudden burst of smoke on the floor, it seemed as though they were just kind of floating on air. Something that people only really ever thought they would see in movies.

Before long, the song ended and Because You Love Me by Celine Dion was being played. Couples began filling the floor to dance together soon enough. Smiling, I spotted my little sister Chloe and Frankie dancing together. I also spotted Jordan and Nick, Claire’s parents, my parents, Jordan’s parents, Denise and Paul and Claire’s cousin Jo and Kevin. I looked down at my hands while everyone was dancing from that point on. I hadn’t yet spoken to Kevin.

Standing up, I pushed my chair out before walking outside to get some air and to ring Kieran. As I punched in the number, I could hear the song finish inside. Moving around the corner a bit, I leant against the wall, being careful of my dress, as the phone rang. Moments after pressing call, Kieran answered.

“LAUREN! Happy birthday!”

“KIERAN! Thank you.”

“That’s ok. How’s the day been? It must suck because its Claire’s wedding as well so people have probably forgotten.” Kieran said in one breath.

“Uhm, its been an ok day. I don’t mind that not many people remember, I don’t know everyone here so its normal for people to not know.”

“It sucks. Well ive not forgotten. Your present and card are with mum and dad.”

“Thanks Kieran. Look, ive got to go, I can hear people getting stressy inside and seeming as im the only bridesmaid staying sober and not drinking at all, im gunna have to sort everything out.” I sighed.

“Ok, well happy birthday. Ring me tomorrow ok?”

“Thanks Kieran. I will bye.”

“Bye.” Kieran said before hanging up.

I placed my phone back into my bag before going inside to find out what was going on. When I walked in I saw Claire standing in the middle of the dance floor, holding her bouquet of flowers ready to throw them. I walked through the crowd of people and over to Claire.

“Claire, what are you doing?”

“Throwing the flowers.” She grinned.

“Why now?”

“Because I want to do it now. I cant be bothered to keep a hold of them.”

“Ok then. Well why don’t you give the flowers to me, ill look after them and give them to you before you leave.”

“Makes sense.”

“See.” I said, taking them from Claire.

“Thanks Lauren. I really should have made you my maid of honour but Jo’s my cousin.” Claire shrugged.

“I know don’t worry. Look, you’ve had too much champagne so id say stop drinking now ok?”

“Sure thing. Lauren, I love you. Im sorry ive forgotten that today’s your birthday too. Your present and card is at home though.” Claire slurred slightly.

“That’s ok. Now come on, lets find Joe.” I said, tugging her arm and pulling her towards where Joe, Nick, Jordan and Kevin were.

“I think this is your wife.” I smiled at Joe.

“There you are.” Joe smiled, wrapping his arms around Claire.

“Here I am.” She grinned, kissing him.

“Im gunna go see my mum a minute. Ill talk to you all later.” I smiled, walking away.

before I got very far away though, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

“Where were you?”

“When?”

“When Because You Loved Me was played.”

“Oh, I was sat down at the table and then I got bored so I went and called Kieran.”

“I wanted to dance with you.”

“You were already dancing, its fine.”

“No its not. Im gunna get it played again before we leave tonight.”

“Ive gotta go early, im taking my family back to their hotel.”

“Well tell me when you’re going to leave and we’ll dance before you go. Ive got to come over to your later on as well.”

“Ok. Why do you have to come over?”

“I have your present.”

“Don’t worry about it. Ill speak to you in a bit.” I said, kissing Kevin’s cheek before walking away again.