Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 40

3rd Person’s POV
The few weeks after Lauren and Kevin got back from England and Jordan and Nick got back from their honeymoon, were busy for the two bands. While Fantasy were off beginning their new album and doing many interviews, discussing families, love, music and life, the Jonas Brothers were off filming for the newest series of their hit Disney Channel programme, JONAS.

Once interviews and filming was finished, Lauren and Kevin would curl up in front of the TV, wedding magazines spread in front of them on the coffee table, a note pad on Lauren’s lap, and their imaginations going to the next level as they planned their wedding.

The world still knew nothing of the engagement although a few people were suspecting it. It a week’s time though, Lauren and Kevin would be making an announcement to tell everyone that they were getting married.

While Lauren and Kevin were busy planning for their wedding, Claire and Joe were planning their future together and spending lazy evenings led on the sofa in their new home together, both pairs of hands resting fondly on Claire’s newly forming bump. It had been almost 2 months now, another 2 months until the couple were going to share their news with the world.

Likewise, Jordan and Nick were spending their evenings together, discussing baby names fondly, their hands constantly pressed to the gradual bump that seemed to have appeared over night, although it was still only tiny. Jordan was now 6 weeks gone and would be telling the world of her pregnancy just a few weeks after Claire.

Kevin’s POV
1 week later
The wedding was coming along nicely. We’ve planned to have a spring wedding, just a week short of summer coming. Lauren has decided that she doesn’t want to choose a ring, she’s decided that I should choose the ring so that way it will be more precious to her, knowing that I chose it myself.

“Lauren babe, the cars here.” I yelled up the stairs to her.

We were just about to leave to tell the news of our engagement.

“Coming.” She yelled as she skipped down the stairs wearing a summer dress with leggings even though the weather was beginning to get colder seeming as we were in early autumn.

“Are you going to be cold?”

“I hope not. If im cold, im so having your jacket.” She laughed as she grabbed her bag and dragged me out of her apartment.

We walked over to my car and jumped in. Lauren strapped in as I started the car. Before driving away, I strapped in and turned on the radio. We were going to radio Disney to make the announcement for the first time, we were filming it live though, the stream being shown on both our bands fan sites.

As I pulled to a stop, Lauren smiled over at me. we unstrapped and jumped out of the car together. After locking the doors, I grabbed Laurens hand and we walked over to where we could see my family waiting for us.

“Hey.” Lauren smiled.

“Hi.” I added.

“Hi guys.” Frankie smiled.

“You ok Franks?” Lauren asked him, using his nickname she’d given him.

“Yeah.” Frankie smiled again.

“Come on you two. We’re going to brief you behind the curtain.” My dad said as he walked towards the back of the stage. We all followed him.

“Right, basically you’re just going to tell them the news and then answer a few questions. You don’t need to tell them when you got engaged or anything ok.”

“Ok.” Lauren smiled.

“Got it Kevin?”

“Yeah, I got it.” I nodded.

“Lauren, Kevin, we need you to come on stage now.” A lady said, ushering us to the stage.

Lauren’s POV
we walked out onto the stage, the crowd awaiting our shock announcement cheering as we did so. I stood to one side of the microphone, Kevin the other, our hands joined.

“Hi guys.” I shouted, making the crowd make more noise while the reporters looked on in interest.

“We have some pretty amazing news. Not news you’re all going to like unfortunately, but we’re hoping you’ll all be happy for us.” Kevin smiled.

I looked over at him, he squeezed my hand, and I spoke again.

“Well, im not sure whether Kevin wants to tell you this or not, but im going to do it.” I laughed.

“I don’t mind.” Kevin smiled at me.

“Well, we’re kind of engaged.” I said, lifting my left hand for show the crowd my ring as it glistened in the sun.

there were gasps from quite a few people before camera flashes went off.

“Now, we’re going to ask a few questions.” Kevin said, linking his fingers through mine so I couldn’t walk away to leave him to do the questions on his own.

“How long have you been sure you want to get married?” One man shouted.

“Since I met her.” Kevin smiled, making me grin.

“Did you ask Lauren’s father for permission first?” A woman yelled.

“Yes I did. Ive been brought up as a gentlemen after all.”

“Lauren! What does your family think of the situation?”

“They love it. Everyone in my family’s met Kevin and they all love him. They’re really happy for us.”

“I think we’ve haven’t really got time to answer anymore questions now.” Kevin said after another 5 minutes of answering questions.

“Thanks for coming out and being so amazing.” I added before we left the stage.

I walked to the back of the stage to be tackled to the floor by Frankie, who was obviously on a buzz. Kevin was in stitches as I tried to move Frankie off of me. he’d defiantly grown since id met him nearly 2 years before.

“Who gave Franklin sweets?” Denise demanded after moving him off of me, Kevin still laughing manically beside me.

“That would be me.” Demi Lovato snickered as she walked from behind a curtain.

“Demetria, what am I going to do with you?” Denise laughed.

“Nothing. Hey guys.” Demi smiled, hugging us both quickly.

“Hey.” I smiled.

Fantasy had done an interview with Demi the week before tour started and we’d became good friends with her as well as Selena, of course, none of us got along with Miley for the simple fact that now, even though Nick was married, she was still obviously obsessed with him.

“Kevin, would you mind if I stole your lovely fiancé to sing with me a minute?”

“Of course not. As long as I get her back soon.”

“Wait, im singing with you?”

“Yeah because I want to do a remake of I Will so it’s a good idea for you to come too.” Demi smiled as wires were hooked up for me before I was given a microphone.

“I guess im singing then.” I said as I was pushed onto the stage with Demi.

“Hey guys. As you can tell ive got lovely Lauren from Fantasy to sing with me for the first song of my set for you guys.” Demi announced.

“The song is I Will.” She smiled before the music began to play.

We sang the song. Once it was finished, I thanked the crowd, said how much it was different to not sing with the girls, thanked Demi and ran off stage.

While all of my wires were being taken off, I could hear Demi say how upset she was that Claire and Jordan weren’t there today to sing too, but she was happy that she could steal at least one member of Fantasy to sing with.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, ive really gotta get some more written for this because im only 3 chapters a head now, so im sorry if there isnt many updates for a while, college is getting harder so less updates are getting written.
Comments might make it easier for me to write though?
Laurenn xo