Status: Incomplete

Working on the tittle

Chapter one The Voice in my head

I see the jacket of some kind of medics or doctors in front of me. They don’t seem to notice that I am there. I follow them through the hallway and into a laboratory-looking room. All I see around is needles and some kind of green liquid all around in big valves and containers. That symbol on the doctor’s jacket, I am sure I’ve seen it before. It somehow reminds me of something dark, something my mind fought hard to forget, but still tries so hard to remember. I see the doctor’s name tag, Dr. Viktor Kovalevsky. No, it doesn’t ring any bells. Then I noticed the name of the rest of the doctors present in the room: Dr. Andrea Lombardi, Dr. Akihiko Takahashi, and Dr. Eduardo de la Vega.

After they all had a flash meeting two of them, got away from the group and approached a big steel sealed door. One of them seemed to be German, Dr. Adolf Kahn, and the other one an American named Dr. Steve Marshall. They both introduced a sequence of digits into two separated panels, placed their hands into a hand-print scanner and their eyes were checked. After all this routine procedure the steel door opened leading to an empty dark room.

I followed them into the room, once we were inside the door shut behind us. As soon as the door shut a sequence of bright lights lit up and illuminated the room. Although the lights were really bright, because of their position some areas of the room remained in darkness. We then approached to one of the darkened areas where two capsules were laying horizontally on the ground. Once the doctors were near, a pressure activated system lifted up the two capsules, however they only pay attention to the one furthest to the left.

The capsule cracked open just to reveal another capsule inside of it. The inner capsule on the other hand was nearly transparent and a human body could be seen inside. Well, at least the silhouette of a young human body, I can calculate that the body looked like a twelve year old kid.

-He is almost ready- Dr. Kahn said

-Yes, almost, his brother on the other hand matured much faster- Dr. Marshall replied.

They then closed the first capsule and opened the second one, as they opened it I could see there was another person’s silhouette inside it. I tried to get a better look and leaned forward. On that exact moment the silhouette’s eyes opened shinning red, and my alarm went off.

I woke up covered in sweat, I hold my head as the alarm keeps beeping. Why does this dream keep on coming to me? Every single night since I turned fourteen this dream has invaded my head. I wonder if it has anything to do with my past that I don’t seem to remember. Sometimes I’m scared of believing that, or even worse, believing that I’m going insane. I can’t stand this anymore, but I can’t tell my mom either, I know she would worry beyond necessary if I told her. Weird thing is that, they began the same night my dad died on that road accident. Another reason for not telling anyone, they would send me to a psychiatric hospital believing I am traumatized.

On top of that today is my science exam; I just know I won’t be doing so great. My mom is a doctor and a scientist, and so was my dad, but well, they are not my real parents anyways. They adopted me right after this amnesia invaded my brain, I couldn’t remember anything of my life, not even how to stand up, or even eat. They had patience with me and taught me all the basic things, they said I was a quick learner, after two days of learning how to read I was reading physics books and stuff. I hardly believe that now when I look back at my grades in science class though, I’m having a really big problem on concentrating on that class.

The alarm finally stops beeping, I’m planning on going back to sleep and fake myself sick, but my plans are then frustrated by the second alarm, my mom.

-Ok Jason, time to get up, you have science exam today-

Why did I have to tell her? I could have just shut up and say there was nothing important tomorrow at school, it has worked many times before. But I guess this time won’t work since she already knows the truth.

-What are you waiting for young man? Get out from the bed and go eat your breakfast.-

I know that if I don’t react immediately she will just come my way and drag me out of my bed.

-Ok, ok, I’m coming-

I get off from the bed and start walking towards my closet with a zombie mind. I start dragging clothes out as my mom goes downstairs to finish her cup of tea. I get dressed up and gather m books into my backpack. I then see that notebook, why did I have to start writing in it to begin with? I peek inside of it and realize that there’s little room to keep on writing on it, over five hundred names of doctors from all around the world, classified by age approximation, alphabetic order and their heritage. Only a few of them are below forty years old, and only two of them are around the twenties. Most of them are either Russian or American or British.

Well, this time no new names came out, so I don’t need to write anymore. I have also written in it how the dream has advanced. Weird thing is that, since two months ago the dreams always stop at the same point. The dream always stops at the moment those red eyes shine directly into me. While I’m holding the notebook on my hand my mom screams for me to come down. I run down the stairs while getting the notebook inside my backpack, the smell of a very delicious breakfast reach my nose.

I sit down to eat my breakfast, everything goes normal. Bruce; our loyal Husky dog eating his own food, my mom reading the newspaper with her scientist robe hanging from the door, ready to go out as soon as an emergency call reaches her. I keep on eating breakfast but suddenly I get a really strong headache, I hold my head in pain. My mom realizes something is wrong as Bruce starts barking directly to me.

-Jason? What’s wrong son?-

I see how the black silhouette with shinning red eyes comes closer to me. It starts smiling at me with an evil look. I can’t find anything to defend myself so I cover my eyes and start screaming. The pain suddenly goes away; Bruce goes back to his food while my mom stares at me confused.

-Jason, what just happened?-

-It was nothing, just a really strong headache-

-It was not just a headache, you were screaming and the more I came closer to you the more frightened you became-

I was about to tell my mom what happened and what I saw when her cell phone started ringing, just in time. She got up in a rush and got all the dishes on the dish washer, she made me the hand sign letting me know that our conversation was not over and that I had to put the dishes to wash. She got her coat and her white rob while screaming to his assistant some instructions about a particle accelerator and other scientific stuff I don’t understand. She gets back in just to remind me what hour it was and to pressure me to get better grades this time.

I rushed my breakfast, turned on the dishwasher and rushed towards the bus stop. As I get to the bus stop I rush into my worst nightmare. Erick is waiting for me to beat me up again at the bus stop. I try to run back home but his grunt, Jonah, see me and alerts Erick. They then stare at me waiting for me to come closer, and then the school bus shows up, just in time again. I get inside the bus and sit at my usual place by the window.

As the bus goes on its way for school, I open my science book and try to study some more before the exam. Erick sits by my side and gets my notebook from my hands.

-Well, what do we have here? The nerd needs to study before his exams?-

-Erick, please give me my notebook back, I need to get a better grade on this exam or my mom will kill me-

-Well, she should have let me know, I can kill you in her place-

The whole bus started laughing at me; I got really mad at Erick as I saw this. I concentrated on my rage and on Erick.

-Give me back my notebook right now and go back to your own sit! And everyone else shut up and mind your own business!-

At the moment I finished the sentence Erick stood up, gave me my notebook and went back to his sit. And everyone else stopped laughing and went back to what they were doing; even the bus driver turned back his attention to the road. This was so weird, why did everyone react immediately after I screamed at them? It must be just a coincidence; I must focus on my studies right now. I kept on reading my notes and trying to remember everything that I needed to get a better grade on my exam.

As I came into the world history class everyone stared at me. Turns out everyone knew I had commanded Erick to do something and he did it without hesitation. They were all looking at me scared, like waiting for me to do something to them. I walked in ignoring their looks and sat at my usual designated desk. At the moment one of the guys was going to talk to me Miss Fink came inside and let her books stand on the teacher’s desk.

-Alright students, we will take back from where we left our last class-

We all knew where to open our books at, so we did. She started giving her class, something about the ancient Greek people and their intellect and inventions. I wasn’t able to concentrate on the class since all what happened in the morning was rushing through my mind. While Miss Fink was talking I heard a second voice, a male scratchy and distant voice.

-Like if she knew what real intellectuals look like-

I started looking around me and tried to see who was talking to me. The only guy at my side was paying attention to the class and the girls were talking to each other. There was no way anyone of them had talked to me. I tried to focus on the class again; maybe I was only tired because of the dream.

-Now you’re trying to ignore me?-

-Who said that? - I replied.

-Is there a problem mister Stanford? – Miss Fink asked.

- No, not at all, sorry.-

I try to figure out what just happened. I hear someone talking to me but my teacher doesn’t?

-Maybe I am becoming insane after all.-

-Coo coo, coo coo-

-Who’s there?-

-Oh, so first you ignore me and now you want to talk?-

-Who are you? –

-What? Don’t you recognize me? –

-How can I? I had never heard your voice before-

-True, but you are talking to me through your thoughts, that means my voice in your head may not be the voice you think it is-

-Ok, so, who are you? –

-Would you believe me if I told you it’s your conscience? –

-Haha, not at all-

-Well, goodbye to that play time then-

-What? My mind is your playground or something? –

-Not at all. I can’t control your mind. Looks like you actually don’t know who you truly are-

-What are you talking about? I know who I am-

-Really now? Then why can’t you remember your childhood?-

-Amnesia-

-Is that what they told you?-

-Yes-

-Well, in that case you’re stupid. Don’t worry, you’re not going insane, but you’re definitely stupid-

-What am I doing talking to a voice in my head?-

-If you can’t answer that to yourself maybe you are crazy-

-Shut up!-

-You’re mind tricks won’t work on me, brother-

-What did you call me?-

-Oh right, you were told you were an only child. Another one of the web of lies told to you by your so called parents-

-If you’re my brother, why don’t you show yourself up?-

-I have already, didn’t you recognize me?-

-What do you mean?-

As I finished formulating this question on my mind the silhouette with red shining eyes appeared in front of me. I stare at those big menacing eyes as the silhouette stands up in front of me. I stand up from my desk and start walking backwards towards the back of my class.

-Mister Stanford, please go back to your sit-

-Don’t listen to her, you wanted to see me, didn’t you brother? Why don’t you give me a hug?-

-Stop it, go away!-

The silhouette follows me with slow steps all round the class room while I try to escape from it.

-Come here brother, I just want to hug you.-

-Mister Stanford! –

-Go away! You’re not my brother! –

-Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha-

-Stop it! Go away!-

-This will not be the last time we meet brother, I’ll keep an eye on you, always-

-Just go away!!!-

Suddenly the silhouette vanished and everyone at my class room was staring at me. I was covered in sweat and my hands were in fists, ready to punch someone. Miss Fink stared at me in a rage and shouted at me.

-Mister Stanford! Go to the principal’s office right now!!!-

Everyone at the class room started laughing at me. I went to the principal’s office and Miss Fink came in after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
From the moment that Jason sasy "Maybe I am becoming insane after all." the conversation with the voice goes on no his mind, once teh silhouette appears he starts screaming out loud