Status: I can't promise you that chapters keep coming here everyday, or every three days. I'll write as much as I can and as fast as I can. So check up daily :)

In the rearview

Don't know.

I woke up to my phone calling, expecting it to be Sisky checking up on me like I was a five year old. I’d went back earlier to the hotel room than usually because I didn’t really feel like eating tonight.

I pressed the answer button without really caring to look at the screen for one second. Yet again I saw her number written on the sceen through my sleepy eyes. Tomorrow will be exactly three years since she went out for a walk and never came back.
The only thing she left behind was a note saying: “It’s for the best, I love you.”

“Hello?” I said, rather sleepy. Every new heartbeat was stronger than the last one. As if my body already knew that something extraordinary would soon happen.

“H-H-Hi...” It was a womans voice.

“Ashlyn, is that you?” Silly me, I didn’t have to ask. It was her. It was her voice. Happipess took over my body. The room suddenly lit up and I felt like I had drinked atleast five coffiees. I started to pace back and forth.

“I-I’m sorry William. I-I didn’t mean to disturb you. I just acci-.”

I didn’t want her to hang up so I tried to ask her how she was, but she said she had just accidentaly called me and then hung up. My world started to feel black and white again. Just when I was content enough to forget her something like this happens.

I couldn’t go back to sleep for hours. At las I took up my notebook and my guitar and started to write.

“Right now when I was feeling just content enough to forget you. I found skeletons grow stronger when kept from the light...”

By the time the sunlight started to make it's way through the skies I had already written a whole song.

I really wanted to talk to her. I wished so hard that last nights call weren't an accident. I stood up and walked towards the window to pull down the curtains and then went back to sleep.

-

“Hey Bill, wake up! What are you doing still sleeping? We need to get back on the road in fifteen minutes!” I think it was Mike. I swear that someday he would pay a hard price for always being the one to wake my up after a hard night.

“What?” I managed to say, trying to sound angry but my words came out as mumble because my mouth was pressed hard to the pillow.

“Dude! You went to bed like at six last night. How could you be still asleep?” He asked, not really waiting for an answer.

“Where’s your bag? I’ll help you pack.”

I tried to open my eyes but the room was too bright.

“What time is it Mike?” I asked.

“It’s 1pm. Come on William. Get up. I really can’t wait to get home. Everyone’s waiting for you. I put your clothes on the chair. Please get your ass up and be downstairs in three mintes, you can brush your teeth in the bus.” He said and left the room.

Home. I was in no mood to get back home. Not yet. I wasn’t ready to start acting like everything between me and Christine was all right. Clearly it wasn’t.

I put on my clothes and dragged myself to the bus. My mind was elsewere. I couldn't stop thinking about Ashlyn. I didn't believe her when she said it was just an accident.
♠ ♠ ♠