Vamptopia

King of the Vampires?

Ever since the meeting, all I thought about was Gerard, I danced in the woods between Vamptopia and an unknown land singing "Wildest Dreams" by the Moody Blues. My sister thought I was crazy, and my mom was worried but I told her it was fine, there was nothing to worry about. Everyday I tended the tree, suddenly I was given gifts. There were lyrics to songs and drawings of a girl who looked like me. I kept them in my room in secret so my mom wouldn't found them. Every night I stand over my balcony looking out at the stars, some night I would hear a male voice singing, and it enchanted me, somewhere deep in my soul and it helped me sleep at night.
Next morning I got to the kitchen to see my mom on the verge of a break down.

“mom what is it?" I asked.

"Its vamps" she said her voice shakey "they're coming back" coming back? I thought when I looked at the newspaper, it was front page news.

VAMPTOPIA NEWS
VAMPS MYSTERIOUSLY RETURNING LEAD BY THE VAMPIRE KING

At first I thought it was a joke then I looked at the picture, it was a picture of Gerard with the caption "The Vampire King"
No, they must be mistaken, Gerard can't be a vampire he just can't be...could he? I looked at my mom who was chugging down a bottle of Jack Daniels for nerves. I took the newspaper and walked out the house to Kelly and Blue's house. They were experts in vampires (though blue was a bit of a pussy) so they would help clear it up.

~()~
"This is the dude you saw when we went to Cemetery Drive?" Blue asked observing the picture.

"Yea" I said looking out the window then back at them.

“This is not good Rhi'" Kelly said holding her dog.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Well the Vampire King is one bad motherfucker" she began "legend has it, he seduces girls to be zombies, by his singing, he even chooses who he wants as his bride" I really didn't believe her for one second.

"I better go" I said "I have to tend the tree" Blue looked up with concern "its day time" I assured her "vamps don't go out in the sunlight" then walked out.