Fly With Me

Single Ladies and Opening Up.

“You’re mouth is too small,” Joe said laughing as he attempted to throw a piece of popcorn in my mouth about ten minutes later, he missed my mouth and it hit my forehead, “You’re cheating.”

I laughed, “I’m not cheating,” I said to him, “You don’t have good aim, watch me, open up.”

He opened his mouth then I cooly threw a piece towards his mouth and made it in, “Okay fine,” he said giving up and he smiled at me, “You win.”

I threw my hands up in victory, “Yes,” I said as we both laughed.

“Is your friend still talking to my parents?” he asked me, “That’s really odd.”

I laughed and nodded, “Yeah, she feels more comfortable around adults anyway,” I said to him honestly.

“We’re adults,” he said throwing another popcorn in the air and attempting to catch it in his mouth but missed, “Kind of.”

I laughed, “Yeah, we’d be too ‘immature’ for her,” I said to him.

“Well, then she’s no fun,” he said cooly, “I’m bored.”

“Well, then you’re no fun,” I said mocking him jokingly as he laughed.

He sat up quickly, too quickly, he hit his head on the top of his bunk, “That was smart, Joe,” he said to himself as he put his hand on his forhead, “Ouch.”

I giggled, “Are you okay?” I asked him in a worried tone, “That looked like it hurt.”

He nodded and smiled, “Yeah, I do that a lot,” he said, “What was I going to say? Oh! Right, I am fun.”

“If you’re so fun then redo ‘Single Ladies’,” I said to him with a straight face.

His eyes went wide,“You saw that?” he said in a whisper and then ran his fingers through his jet black hair, “How embarassing.”

I laughed, “Who didn’t see it?” I asked him, “I liked it though, it was funny.”

He smiled, “Glad you think so,” he said to me, “But no redoing it besides I don’t even have the song.”

I pulled out my phone, “Problem solved, I have it on my mp3,” I said looking through my phone.

He laughed, “You seriously want to see me dance to it?” he said looking at me as I nodded with a grin, “Fine, I’ll dance to it if you dance too.”

I shut my phone, “Nevermind,” I said putting my phone aside, “I changed my mind.”

He grabbed my phone, “Too bad,” he said opening it and going through it, “Now I feel like ‘Gettin’ Jiggy Wit’ It’.”

I laughed lightly, “I’m not going to dance,” I said to him as he pressed ‘Play’ on my phone.

“Yes, you are,” he said with a confident smile and pulling me up as the song began to play.

He began to dance and I started to laugh hysterically, “You’re not moving,” he said looking at me, “ALL THE SINGLE LADIES, ALL THE SINGLE LADIES.”

I looked at him in disbelief and he just smiled at me. He grabbed my hands and made me move to the music with him.

“Oh my god, you’re insane,” I said to him as we laughed together.

“PUT YOUR HANDS UP!” he sang and the both of us threw are hands up in the air.

Three mintues later the song finished and the both of us were out of breath and laughing uncontrollably.

Then I heard clapping which made Joe and I jump and turn around. Everyone was standing there and Nick was recording.

“Now wasn’t that sight,” Mrs. Jonas said as I felt my cheeks burn with embarassment.

“How long have you guys been standing there?” Joe asked everyone as he put his hands on his hips.

“Long enough to see you two breakin’ it down,” Ash said making everyone laugh except for Joe and me.

Then Nick closed the camera, “That’ll make a pretty awesome YouTube video,” he said looking at us.

“You’re not posting that on YouTube.” Joe and I said at the exact same time.

We looked at each other, smiled, and laughed nervously.

“Well, it looks like you two were having fun so we’ll leave you two be,” Mr. Jonas said as Mrs. Jonas, Nick, and Frankie followed him into the lounge.

“Ashley and I are playing guitar in the studio,” Kevin said to us, “So, that’s where we’ll be.”

“Call me when your grandparents are here,” Ash said to me and then walked away with Kevin.

“Sorry about that,” Joe said scratching the back of his neck, “My family tends to be nosey at times.”

I smiled at him, “It’s okay, they’re nice,” I said to him, “Just don’t let your brother post that on the internet.”

He smiled back, “Don’t worry, I won’t let him,” he said sitting back on his bunk and I sat on the edge again, “So, let’s play twenty questions.”

Twenty questions? Could I think of twenty questions to ask him that I didn’t already know the answer to? Let’s give it a try.

“Alright, fine,” I said to him, “You first.”

He smiled, “Fine,” he said to me, “Favorite band besides us?”

“Green Day,” I said to him surely, “Hands down.”

“That’s a really odd mix,” he said to me as he made a face.

I laughed and shrugged, “What can I say, they’re awesome,” I said truthfully, “What color is your toothbrush?”

He laughed, “What kind of question is that?” he said to me.

“A question that I don’t know the answer to,” I said to him with a smile, “It was a question that took a lot of thought, thank you very much.”

“Blue,” he said smiling at me, “What color’s yours?”

“Pink and lime green,” I said to him, “It’s really pretty, and it’s your turn, you can’t use my question, that’s cheating.”

He grinned at me and nodded, “Fair enough,” he said and thought for a second, “Favorite sport?”

“Basketball, it’s the best,” I said to him, “Favorite cologne?”

“Prada,” he said and then reached into his bag, “Here, smell it, it’s awesome.”

He handed me the bottle and I smelled the top, “Good taste,” I said to him, “It smells nice.”

“Favorite perfume?” he asked with a smile, “That’s not the same question there is a distinction between cologne and perfume.”

I laughed, “Ed Hardy,” I said to him.

We continued answering each others questions for about thirty minutes. We covered each others favorite movies, flavor, drink, color, scent, and pretty much everything else.

“Boyfriend?” he asked hestiantly.

I shook my head, “No, I don’t have a boyfriend,” I said to him with a slight smile, “What’s the deal with Camilla? If you don’t my asking.”

He sighed deeply, “I don’t know, it’s complicated,” he said to me as I nodded, “She broke up with me.”

“I’m sorry,” I said to him, “You don’t have to talk about-”

He cut me off, “I was apparently ‘getting to serious’,” he said to me, “She wasn’t the best girlfriend though, she was always hanging out with different guys, I’m sure even you knew that.”

“I only know what was said in the magazines,” I said to him, “And they always blow things out of proportion.”

He shrugged, “They didn’t blow that out of proportion,” he said to me truthfully, “Those things were all true.”

“Well, if that’s the case then you can do much better than that,” I said to him honestly, “That’s my opinion, anyway.”

“I did think she was much better,” he said sadly, “I was wrong. So wrong.”

“Maybe she was at the time,” I said to him, “Things just change.”

“Boy, do they,” he said shaking his head, “One second things were perfect then the next she’s gone.”

“You really fell hard for her, huh?” I asked him hesitantly.

He nodded, “I did,” he said, “And now I don’t even know why.”

“You can’t help who you fall for though,” I said to him.

He nodded, “I wish we could,” he said to me, “Things would be better.”

I smiled sympathetically at him, “Well, like I said, you can do so much better than that,” I said to him, “She’ll realize one day that she let go a great guy and she’s going to regret it the rest of her life.”

He scoffed, “Yeah, right,” he said softly.

“Trust me,” I said to him surely as he looked up at me with a small smile.

“Thanks,” he said to me, “And thanks for listening to me whine about my love life, everyone I try and talk to about it ignores me.”

“Well, I know you don’t know me all that well, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I’m here,” I said to him, “I’m a pretty good listener.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” he said to me with a smile, “You’re not going to tell anyone what I told you right.”

I shook my head, “Of course not,” I said to him and he smiled again.

“So, I guess it’s true what they say,” he said laughing slightly.

“What’s that?” I said to him with a smile.

“You can tell someone you just met all of your problems better than you can tell someone close to you,” he said.

I nodded, “Yeah, I guess so,” I said to him.

Throughout that conversation my anger towards Camilla grew. How could anyone hurt such a great guy like him? Doesn’t she know she made a huge mistake? Does she even care? Never in a million years could I do that to someone as sweet as Joe. Ever.

Just then my cell phone rang in my pocket. It was my grandparents. They were waiting by my car in the parking lot. As much as I was happy that my grandparents came to help I was upset that the night was coming to an end. I told Ash that they were here and we said our goodbyes to everyone and thanked them for letting us hang out for awhile.

Ash and I walked off the bus and began to walk a few steps, “Wait!” we heard and came to a stop. We turned around and Joe was walking towards us.

“Can she catch up with you?” Joe said looking at Ash.

Ash studied his face, “What for?” she asked him.

I glared at her, “Just go,” I said pushing her slightly and making her laugh as she walked away.

“We are going to be off for about a month in two weeks and I would really like to see you again,” he said quickly, “I enjoyed our conversation that we had and I would like to get to know you more.”

I smiled, “Really?” I asked him in somewhat of a shocked tone, “I mean, yeah sure, I’d like that.”

He grinned, “Great,” he said and then pulled out his phone from his pocket, “Can I have your phone number?”

I nodded quickly, “Certainly,” I said as we both laughed and I gave him my number for him to save.

“I’ll talk to you later,” he said giving me a hug which shocked me at first and then I hugged him back.

“Sounds good,” I said as we seperated and I smiled at him, “Bye, Joe.”

He smiled back widely, “Bye, Jewel,” he said, then he turned around and made his way back to his bus.

I made my way back to my car with the best feeling in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Comments = Updates. Thank you!!