Fly With Me

A Good Feeling...

“So, you’re going to be spending your whole month off at your house in Dallas?” I asked Joe a week later over the phone. It was midnight my time and two where he was. We’ve talked at least twice a day over the past week.

He yawned, “Yeah, I think that’s what my family wants to do,” he said to me, “Which is good anyway because we get to be normal for awhile.”

“No offense, Joe, but you’ll never be normal,” I joked.

“Very funny,” he said as we laughed together.

“You just have one more week of touring right?” I asked him curiously.

“Yeah, it’s been so tiring,” he said as he yawned again, “You excited to see me again?”

I scrunched up my face, “I don’t live in Dallas,” I said to him in a confused tone, “How am I going to see you?”

“San Antonio is only three hours away,” he pointed out to me, “It’s not that far.”

I laughed, “And you’re planning on driving three hours just to see me?” I asked him curiously.

“You act like if that’s so hard to believe,” he said as we laughed, “And you could come to Dallas too, don’t make me make all of the sacrifices.”

“I’m not driving alone for three hours,” I said to him sternly, “I could get kidnapped.”

It’s true. I’ve had bad experiences with road trips. I usually get lost and when I stop to ask for directions at a gas station the old men just creep me out!

He snorted, “Oh, please, you won’t get kidnapped,” he said to me, “Fine, what if I fly there and we can drive back together.”

Is he really willing to go through all of that trouble just to see me?

“You’re weird,” I said to him as I laid underneath my blankets, “I’m sure you’ve got better things to do anyway on your time off.”

“I had tons of fun with you on the tour bus and that only lasted an hour and a half,” he explained, “Imagine if we hang out longer, we could take over the world.”

We laughed together, “I had loads of fun too,” I said to him honestly, “We’ll see.”

“Promise you’ll consider it,” he said hopefully which made me smile.

“Promise,” I said to him surely.

“Great,” I could hear the smile in his voice and then his tone changed completely, “Oh, guess what.”

“What?” I asked as I anticipated the answer.

“Cam called me today,” he said sighing, “She wants to work things out.”

It killed me just to hear her name. Joe told me everything that she put him through and it wasn’t a pretty situation at all. She broke up with him every few weeks and when they were dating she hung out with other guys when he was on tour. Does that sound like a good girlfriend? Don’t think so. Not one bit.

“I told you that she would regret breaking up with you,” I managed to say, “Didn’t I?”

I knew that was going to happen. Who wouldn’t try and get back with Joe? He’s amazing. I mean you can just look at him and tell that he’s something special.

He was silent for a few seconds.

“Yeah,” he said softly, “But I don’t know if that’s what I want anymore.”

That made me smile somewhat, “Oh okay,” I said, “So, what did you tell her?”

He sighed, “That I need some time to think about everything,” he told me honestly, “I told her I would let her know after my time off.”

“And what did she say?” I asked curiously.

“That she wants to see me during the month,” he told me which made my heart sink even more into my chest, “I told her I would think about it.”

I nodded, “Oh okay,” I said to him, “Well, just follow your heart, that’s all I can say.”

That’s not what I really wanted to say but figured that would be the best thing. ‘Don’t be stupid, don’t give her another chance, she doesn’t deserve you’ probably would have sounded a bit too harsh.

“I will,” he said to me and then he began to laugh, “My brothers despise her.”

I laughed, “I don’t blame them,” I told him honestly, “But in the end it’s your choice to make, not anyone else’s.”

“See this is why I like talking to you about things,” he said to me, “You don’t try and push me in one direction.”

“Just consider your options,” I said to him, “Know what’s out there.”

“Oh, that’s what I plan on doing,” he said to me, “Finding out what else is out there.”

“And there also isn’t a point in pushing something on someone if they don’t want to do it,” I said to him, “Because in the end they won’t be happy.”

“Exactly,” he said to me as he yawned again.

“You’re yawning a lot,” I said to him as I giggled, “Why don’t you go to bed?”

“Nu-uh,” he said into the phone sleepily, “I’m not tired and besides I like talking to you.”

He likes talking to me? That made my lips and heart smile, big time.

“Don’t you have to wake up early though?” I asked as I turned off my lamp, “I’m sure you have a busy schedule.”

“Yeah, but I’m used to late nights and early mornings,” he explained to me, “Are you trying to get rid of me or something?”

“No,” I said quickly with a laugh, “That’s not it at all, I just don’t want to be the reason you’re tired tomorrow.”

He laughed, “It’s a pretty good reason if you ask me,” he said making me laugh.

We stayed on the phone for another hour that night and I eventually convinced him to go to sleep. I never got tired of talking to him. Ever. We talked about anything and everything, and then when we couldn’t think of anything else to talk about we would talk about nothing. That’s how all of our conversations were; filled with laughs and plenty of deep conversations.

Three days later Ash and I were at StarBucks having some coffee, “So, have you still been talking to Joe?” she asked me as she sipped her frappucino.

I nodded with a grin, “Everyday,” I said to her truthfully, “He wants to hang out when he’s on vacation.”

Her eyes widened, “Seriously?” she asked as I nodded, “Woah, that’s awesome, but what about that girl? I thought he was head over heels in love with her.”

I promised Joe that I wouldn’t tell anyone what we talked about when it came to her and I intended to keep that promise to him.

I just shrugged, “I guess we’ll have to play it by ear,” I said with a smile.

“Are you starting to like him?” she asked as she nudged my lightly.

I nodded eagerly, “Yes and it’s in a different way that I thought,” I said to her, “Like before I knew him I was just like ‘he’s the cute funny one’, and that’s what attracted me to him, but there’s so much more to him that meets the eye.”

She raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean?” she asked curiously.

“I didn’t think he was capable of having a deep conversation and surprisingly he is,” I said to her as she made a face, “Seriously, Ash, I could talk to him about anything.”

“Have you told him about your past?” she asked curiously, “I mean about your parents and stuff.”

I looked down and shook my head, “He hasn’t asked since the day we met,” I said to her, “I don’t think it should matter.”

“Are you afraid he’s going to judge you because of your parents?” she asked me as I stared down at my coffee, “I don’t think he would.”

“I don’t know,” I said to her, “The whole school did.”

“Our school was filled with assholes,” she said making me laugh, “And if he’s as great as you make him sound then I don’t think he would be the type of person to judge you.”

“He’s had the perfect life, he was brought up the right way, I had a messed up life growing up,” I said to her, “He’s going to think I’m a total basketcase.”

She shook her head, “You’re wrong,” she said to me, “I think if he knew about your childhood and how hard it was for you, he would think you’re a strong person and be even more attracted to you.”

“He’s not attracted to me now,” I said to her with a laugh, “He’s way out of my league.”

“I don’t get why you have such a low self-esteem,” she said to me, “You should be proud of yourself that you ended up this way instead of the other way.”

“I just don’t think he would understand, he’ll judge me just like everyone else has through out my life,” I said to her, “I guess it’s because I expect it.”

“Like I said,” she said to me, “You’re wrong, give him a chance, open up to him.”

“We’ll see,” I said to her, “If the subject comes up between us then I’ll consider telling him, but for now I’d rather not.”

“Anyways, I think you should totally hang out with him while he has time off,” she said to me enthusastically, “It’s not like you have anything to do anyway.”

I laughed, “That’s true,” I said to her, “I seriously never imagined I would be in this situation right now, I’ve always had the worst luck.”

“See your luck is finally turning around,” she said with a grin, “I have a really really good feeling about this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates.
What do you guys think so far? (: