Fly With Me

Car ride and Arriving...

Image
Joe and I have been driving for an hour and a half, “Alright, so, let me get this straight, she hung up on you?” I asked with a laugh, “And then blamed you for ending the relationship in like, what was it, twenty two seconds?”

“It’s not funny,” he said crossing his arms, “I was publicly humiliated.”

I laughed, “Well, what do you expect, you were breaking up with her over the phone,” I said to him “At least have some decency and do it face to face.”

He sighed, “I wasn’t going to spend money on a flight to see her just to tell her things weren’t working out,” he explained, “That would have been a waste of money.”

“Well, that’s true,” I said agreeing with him, “I got pretty pissed when I saw her on Ellen.”

Joe groaned, “Me too, and then did you see how Ellen just brought out Justin Timberlake?” he asked, “Now wasn’t that just the icing on the cake.”

“Ah, I know! Gosh, Taylor’s so lucky,” I said to him, “He would definitely make any break up I had all better.”

He glared at me, “Not helping,” he said to me in a sad tone, “At all.”

I glanced at him and laughed, “Oh, come on,” I said to him, “Look at Justin Timberlake, he’s the cat’s meow.”

“Enough,” he said raising his hands up in frustration, “Anyway, that’s why we don’t talk anymore.”

I shrugged, “That sucks,” I said as I grabbed my Taylor Swift CD and slid it into the CD player, “So, have you heard this song?”

“Which one?” he asked curiously, as I turned to ‘Forever and Always’.

Once upon a time, I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye.

I sang along with the song and he laughed, “Oh, you think you’re so funny,” he said as he rolled his eyes playfully.

“You know you like it, heart breaker,” I joked, “Okay, so, did you cheat on her?”

He shook his head, “No, I didn’t,” he said truthfully, “I wouldn’t do that to anyone.”

I nodded, “Good, because that’s a horrible thing to do,” I said to him.

“Alright, so enough about my relationships,” he said to me, “You know everything about mine, what about yours?”

“What about mine?” I asked nervously.

“When was your last one?” he asked curiously.

I sighed, “Two months ago,” I said to him with no emotion.

“Who was he? What happened?” he pressed.

I groaned, “Do we have to talk about this?” I asked him.

“Yes,” he said grinning, “So, spill.”

“His name is Lucas,” I said sighing, “We were together for two years and then he cheated on me.”

Joe’s mouth dropped, “Are you serious?” he asked, “What a jerk, good thing you dumped that loser.”

“Uh, he broke up with me after I wouldn’t sleep with him,” I said looking out the window, “He told me he had cheated on me afterwards.”

“I wonder why most guys are such inconsiderate retards,” he said in frustration, “Don’t they understand that a girl is something to cherish and keep special to your heart?”

Awe, that is the sweetest thing that I’ve ever heard.

I managed to laugh, “I guess not,” I said to him, “Anyway, now you know.”

“Do you still talk to him?” he asked curiously.

I stayed silent because the answer was ‘yes’.

“Oh come on, you’re seriously friends with that jerk?” he asked in disbelief.

I sighed, “Yeah, we still talk,” I said to him truthfully.

“Why? How can you still talk to someone that did that to you?” Joe said to me, “You deserve so much better than that.”

I sipped my water, “So, um, let me know why you still talk to Camilla?” I asked him with a smile.

He frowned, “That’s not the same,” he said and I raised my eyebrow at him, “Alright, so it is.”

I laughed, “So, I guess we’re in the same boat,” I said to him, “It happens.”

“Well, I think you deserve better than that,” Joe said to me, “That guy sounds like an idiot anyway.”

I smiled at him, “Thanks, I could say the same thing about Camilla,” I said to him.

“She still hasn’t stopped bugging me,” he said as he sighed and I cringed, “Oh, and she hates you.”

My jaw dropped, “She hates me? For what! I don’t even know her,” I said to him.

He shrugged, “She flipped out when I told her I was flying to see you and bringing you back to Dallas with me,” he said honestly, “She thinks there’s something going on.”

I laughed nervously, “What did you tell her when she said that?” I asked curiously.

“I told her that I didn’t know yet,” he said under his breath and looked away.

I smiled to myself, “Oh really?” I asked.

He turned to me with a smile, “What?” he said as if he were clueless.

I managed to shake my head and laugh at his silliness. He could be such a dork sometimes. But that whole ‘I didn’t know yet’ made crazy butterflies fly around in my stomach.

An hour later we were in Dallas and Joe was trying to convince me that he was in fact born with super powers, “Seriously! I can fly and I have x-ray vision,” he explained to me, “Don’t you believe me?”

I was laughing uncontrollably and managed to shake my head, “Not at all,” I said trying to catch my breath, “You don’t look the super hero type anyway.”

His jaw dropped, “Why not?” he asked in a shock.

“Because super heroes have huge muscles,” I said and then grabbed his arm and laughed, “I mean, you’ve got nice muscles but super heroes… theirs are like steroid muscles.”

He grinned, “Well, mine are all natural,” he said proudly.

“Nice to know,” I said to him with a giggle, “So, when are we getting to your house? I feel like I’ve been stuck in the car for hours.”

“Not long, about ten minutes, West Lake is on the outskirts of Dallas,” he said laughing, “Glad to know you don’t enjoy our ‘bonding time’.”

I laughed, “No, I do,” I said truthfully and then laughed, “It’s just my butt is going numb.”

“Three hours is nothing, try half of a day on a plane, your whole body gets numb,” he said to me as he shook his head, “And I’m not a very patient person, so it’s even worse.”

“Yeah, neither am I, I hate sitting still for long periods of time,” I said to him honestly, “It sucks.”

Joe was right. Ten minutes later we were driving up to the hugest house that I’ve ever seen and it was behind a huge gate.

“Crap, I forgot the password,” Joe said hitting his forehead with his palm as I laughed, “I’ve got to call my mom.”

I laughed, “We’re going to get arrested for breaking into your house,” I joked making him laugh as he dialed his phone.

“Nick? Why are you answering mom’s phone…Oh…Well…open the gate…Yeah, I forgot it again…Nick you better open it…Because if you don’t I’ll beat the crap out of you…I don’t care if you’re not scared of me…ugh just do it…thank you…” He said and then closed his phone.

“Sorry, Nick’s trying to be funny and lock me out of the house,” he said with a small laugh as I giggled and just then the gate doors opened.

After parking inside of the parking garage we got out of the car and Joe attempted to carry both of our luggages without my help.

“Seriously, Joe, it’s not big deal, I can take my own stuff,” I said to him as I watched him struggle.

“I can do it, there’s not that much,” he said to me with a smile.

He was standing there with two duffle bags and a huge suitcase, “Why are you so stubborn?” I asked as I tried to grab one of the duffle bags out of his hands but he had a strong grip on it, “Come on, Joe, don’t be like that.”

“There is absolutely no use in arguing with him about that, he won’t give into you,” I heard behind me I turned slightly to see Nick walking into the garage and giving me a one armed hug, “He wants to try and be macho man.”

Just then Joe threw one of the duffle bags at Nick, “Carry that,” he said as it hit his brother in the stomach but he caught it at the same time, “Make your self useful.”

My eyes widened, “Are you okay?” I asked Nick and he simply nodded and I turned to Joe, “That wasn’t very nice.”

Joe laughed, “He’s fine, come on, let’s go inside,” he said and then looked at Nick, “Suck it up.”

I shook my head and followed Joe inside and was greeted by Elvis who jumped on me.

I kneeled down, “Hey boy, it’s nice to see you again,” I said to him as I petted his head.

“He’s happy because his match making skills worked,” Nick said laughing as he watched me pet his dog.

I laughed nervously and smiled at him, “Let me show you where your room is,” Joe said from behind Nick, I looked up and he was glaring at him.

I got up from petting Elvis, “See you guys later,” I said as I began to follow Joe through the house.

After what seemed like forever we reached a room, he opened the door and walked in as I stood at the door, he smiled at me, “This is your room, you can come in,” he said as I laughed and walked in.

He put my bags on the floor and I put my purse on the bed, “This is the guest room?” I asked in shocked, “This is huge, I figured it would be the master bedroom or something.”

He shook his head, “Not even, this is the guest room,” he said and then pointed to the other side of the room, “That’s your bathroom, it has a shower too.”

I nodded, “Wow, that’s insane,” I said to him with a laugh, “Now I feel bad that you had to stay at my tiny house.”

He laughed, “Your house is bigger than the one we had back in Jersey,” he said to me, “And I liked it, it was very homey.”

“Yeah, my house is homey,” I said to him and then he sat on the bed and bounced up and down which made me giggle, “What are you doing?”

“Making sure your bed is soft and comfy,” he said with a smile and then he stood up, “And it is.”

I grinned, “Thanks for checking, weirdo,” I said to him as he laughed.

“My room is the one next to this one,” he said to me, “So if you get scared in the middle of the night in this huge house you know where to find me.”

I laughed, “I’ll keep that in mind,” I said to him and then all of a sudden my phone rang inside of my pocket, I pulled it out and looked down at the caller ID, it read ‘Lucas’.

I took a deep breath, “It’s Lucas,” I said looking up at Joe who took my phone out of my hands and my eyes widened, “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to give him a piece of my mind,” Joe said taking my phone out of my hands and taking a few steps back and answering the phone, “Hello?”

“Joe! No, don’t!” I said pulling on his arm and trying to get my phone back, “Give me my phone!”

Joe looked down at me and studied my face, sighed, and handed my phone to me, “Fine,” he said.

Then I put the phone to my ear, “Hello?” I answered as I watch Joe cross his arms and stare at me.

“Who in the fuck was that?” Lucas asked me furiously.

I could tell by the look on Joe’s face that he heard Lucas because his face turned red with anger.

“It was my friend, he was goofing off and answered my phone,” I said to Lucas into the phone, “What’s up?”

“I know all of your friends and he doesn’t sound like any of the ones I know,” Lucas said rudely, “Since when did you start hanging out with a new guy?”

“It doesn’t matter, Lucas,” I said to him, “What did you need?”

“I wanted to see if you wanted to go to the movies, but it seems like your busy so forget it,” he said in somewhat of a hurt tone.

I sighed, “I’m not even home, Luke, I’m in Dallas,” I said to him, “Sorry.”

Lucas’ voice rose again, “Are you fucking kidding me? You’re in Dallas with who ever that fucking guy is?” he asked but before I could answer Joe took my phone out of my hand.

“Hey man, I don’t know who taught you that talking to a girl that way is acceptable but whoever did was wrong, you need to have some respect for her…Oh I know exactly who you are and I know you of all people should have more respect for her because she’s still friends with you after what you did to her…I don’t care if you don’t care about what I have to say…Oh real mature…Anyway…don’t call her back unless your willing to apologize to her and if I ever hear you speak to her in that manner again so help me God I’ll put a stop to it personally,” And with that Joe slammed my phone shut and my face was in total shock.

“What?” he asked with a gorgeous grin on his face.

I shook my head, “Nothing,” I said smiling at him, “Thanks, that was…really sweet of you.”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, “You’re welcome,” he said as I hugged him back.

Just then there was a knock on the door which made Joe and I jump apart and looked towards the door, “Oh, sorry for interrupting kids,” Denise said in an apologetic tone, “I just wanted to make sure Joe got you all settled in and also to let you know we’re going out to dinner tonight.”

I nodded and smiled at her, “Thank you so much for allowing me to stay here, Denise, you have such a lovely house,” I said to her.

She smiled at me, “Of course sweetheart, I’m so glad that Joseph found someone that-” but she was cute off by Joe.

“Mom!” Joe said looking at her with a red face that made me laugh.

“Oh, sorry, sweetheart,” she said laughing slightly, “Well, carry on, I’ll see you two in a bit.” Then she walked away.

Joe scratched the back of his neck, “Sorry about that,” he said laughing nervously.

I smiled up at him, “It’s okay,” I said to him.

“So, what kind of dresses did you pack?” he asked as he smiled and grabbed my suitcase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates.
Ideas anyone?