Feels Like I'm Falling in Love Alone

Changes?

To say that Addison was in a bad mood would be and understatement. She was exhausted and upset, to say the least. She was sitting at the kitchen table in the front of the bus. The clock read 3:28 AM, and she was the only one awake.

Addison groaned and put her head on the table. She heard someone roll out of their bunk and walk into the kitchen. She heard them go into one of the cabinets and pull out what she assumed was a coffee cup. A few minutes later, she heard something being put down right next to her head, and she was greeted by the scent of English Breakfast Tea. She looked up and saw Alex a few feet away with his own cup in his hands.

“Thanks,” Addison muttered.

Alex nodded sadly. Addison sighed. Her throat was raw from yelling so much the night before, and her eyes were bright red from crying and lack of sleep. Alex sat down across from Addison. They spent two hours sitting in total silence. Suddenly, the silence was broken, nearly startling Addison.

“Why?” Alex asked, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

There was another brief silence.

“Why did you stop caring?” Addison croaked in response. She felt her eyes start to burn, and tears fall down her face. She tried to stop them. She hated the thought of crying in front of Alex Gaskarth. She heard Alex get up, and figured he was walking away. The pain she always felt when thinking about Alex came back in a rush. It was as if a hole had been ripped open in her chest. Her sobs became gut wrenching, despite her effort in trying to keep quiet. She knew if she stayed, she would wake the entire bus. She had to leave. She needed to get off of the bus for a while.

Addison stood up, and turned to leave. She did not expect to walk into the front of Alex Gaskarth, who immediately wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Addison did not struggle against his hold. She just buried her head in his chest, allowing her tears to fall onto his shirt.

Together, Alex and Addison went outside. They sat with their backs against the bus. Addison was leaning against Alex, who was holding her tightly. They sat for hours until the bus roared to life, signaling that it was time to leave for the next venue. Alex looked down at the sleeping form of Addison, who was holding onto him for dear life. Carefully, Alex stood up, lifting Addison into his arms at the same time. He carried her into the bus, and laid her in her bunk. Almost immediately, Addison curled into the fetal position and dropped her hands to her stomach. Her eyes snapped open and frantically went directly to Alex’s.

“Alex,” she whispered, “Please don’t leave me.”

Alex clenched his jaw as he came to the realization that he was the one who did this to her. The guilt hit him full on, causing him to shudder.

He looked at Addison and spoke, “I won’t. I won’t leave you.”

Addison shifted in her bunk to make room for Alex. Alex climbed up and wrapped his arms around her. Addison soon fell asleep, but Alex was finding sleep impossible at the time. He feared that if he fell asleep, he would be haunted by nightmares of what he had done to Addison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me happy.
Just a hint...

So yeah, this is part one of this chapter. There will end up being 2 parts total. Maybe 3.