Status: active

The Party Scene Got The Best Of Us...And Look Where We Ended Up.

1.1

The Gaskarth household was calm for the time being with its only three inhabitants minding themselves.

Alex, the forty two year old father of two seventeen year olds and once heartthrob and lead singer of a popular band reminiscent of Blink 182, was sitting on his living room couch, watching some mindless television as he sipped from the neck of a beer bottle.

His son, Ian and the oldest, had himself holed up in his room, strumming away on his acoustic guitar. The teen was practically the replica of his father, with his light brown hair, dark eyes and the smirk to match. Though it’s not like he could truly be compared to his mother since no one knew what she looked like. He was a product of his fathers one night stand and there wasn’t a day he wasn’t reminded of it.

Bryony, Alex’s daughter and only female of the house was in her room that was located just across the hall from her brothers. Death Cab For Cutie poured from the speakers as she worked on her family history project for class. The one part of the project Bryony couldn’t get passed, was what she was supposed to do about the information on her mother. She knew a little about her mother, like her name, which was Kayla and what she must have looked like, seeing as her dark brown hair that had some red tints to it and her green eyes were not a match to her fathers.

With a sigh, she put away her pens and poster, switching off the music as she headed downstairs to see what would be for dinner. Bryony knew her father wouldn’t be making dinner, nor would he be complacent with her bustling about the kitchen, because on more than one occasion, her Auntie Kara had told her she reminded him too much of her mother.

“What do you want for dinner?” Bryony quietly asked as she stood behind the couch and out of her fathers way.

“Pizza,” he practically grunted like a caveman.

Nodding, the seventeen year old girl left to place their usual order to the local pizzeria.

As she hung up from ordering, the pizza parlor promising it within forty-five minutes, Bryony began to clean the kitchen, knowing it wouldn’t be done otherwise.

The final dish from the sink was being rinsed as the doorbell rang. Carefully, she set the dark green plate down and went to the living room to grab some money from her fathers wallet to pay the pizza man.

While she did so, Alex yelled to his son, “Ian! Dinners here!”

Bryony cringed at the volume and took the two pizzas, one with everything on it for the boys and a cheese for herself, to the kitchen. She set the pizzas on the table and grabbed them each plates.

While she got herself a fresh glass of water with ice, Ian entered the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. When he closed it, his right hand held a beer.

He removed the cap on the counter top and sipped from it, Bryony rolled her eyes at her brothers stupidity, only imagining how he was the older one.

As Ian went to take a second sip with a smirk lacing his lips, Alex walked in and snatched it from his hands, disposing of his own now empty one.

The fathers smirk rivaled his sons as he said, “Thanks for the beer.”

Dinner passed and Bryony was yet again left with the dishes and clean up duty. It was a pattern the Gaskarth’s stuck to.

Hands soapy with suds, Bryony reached for the phone as it rang.

“Hello?” asked the voice on the other end.

Bryony, knowing it was Shae, the Dawson’s sixteen year old daughter, yelled to her brother, “Ian! Grab the phone! It’s Shae!”

“Jesus Christ, Bry! No need to yell! I’m right here,” he told her as he leaned against the door frame of the kitchen, now decked out in a sweatshirt and his shoes. “Just tell her I cant talk. That I’m not here.”

With a roll of her eyes, Bryony returned to the phone.

“Hey,” she spoke in to the receiver.

Shae sighed on the other end, “Don’t bother. I heard.” Then the line went dead.

Frustrated, Bryony hung up the phone and rounded on her brother, “I cant believe you!”

Ian just smirked and turned on his heel. As he walked out the door, he called back, “I’m off to Kristy-Ann’s! I’ll be back later!”

Alex yelled a half-hearted, “Be safe!” and Bryony returned to her work in the kitchen.

Just another day in the Gaskarth home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, the drama that shall ensue in that house.

xoxoxo
Kelsi