Status: Stopped. Studies got in the way, and I stopped writing it. Will not be posting any more chapters.

Flightless Bird

Chapter Three.

Michelle got home after her long day at school; she’d explained to Chris what had happened between Emily and herself. He was really happy for her. Michelle sat down and turned on the TV, not much later she heard a knock at the door. She got up and answered it to find Emily standing in front of her. Michelle smiled and invited Emily in.

“Thanks again for having me over Michelle,” Emily said as Michelle led her up to her room.

“No problem,” Michelle replied as they entered her room. Michelle’s room was full of posters. Her favourite bands, favourite TV shows, and a few random pictures that Chris had drawn. Emily looked around and smiled, Michelle’s room was much similar to her own.

Michelle sat down on her bed and invited Emily over. Emily sat down next to Michelle and smiled again.

“Your room is really similar to mine. Lots of posters,” Emily said. Michelle smiled.

“Do you want a drink or something?” Michelle asked. She didn’t know what else to say. She’d never had anyone but Chris in her room.

“Yes please, water’s fine,” Emily replied. “Do you want any help?”

“Sure, we could watch TV if you want,” Michelle said. Emily nodded and followed Michelle downstairs. They went into the kitchen and got their drinks, then headed into the living room. Michelle sat down and turned on the TV. Emily sat down next to Michelle and placed her glass of water on the floor next to her feet. After about five minutes of silence Emily spoke again.

“What’s it like being a lesbian?” Michelle nearly choked on her water. She turned and looked at Emily, confused. Emily sat quietly waiting for an answer.

“Well,” Michelle started. “It’s hard, I guess,” she finished. In all honesty, Michelle had never been asked before, so she’d never thought about it.

“It seems like it’s so horrible, people are constantly tormenting you. It must make you so angry and upset sometimes…Does it?” Emily asked.

“Yeah, I guess…But it’s not really a big deal, I just talk to Chris about it and then it’s all better,” Michelle answered smiling. Emily smiled back.

“Well, that’s good,” she said looking around again. She felt very comfortable in Michelle’s house. They sat in silence for a while. Then Michelle spoke again.

“Why’d you bring it up anyway?” she was curious. Emily sat for a little while.

“Just wondering,” She stated. They were again engulfed in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I said that there wasn't going to be an update this week (In the comments).
Surprise! x]
Unexpected. But I got to writing.
I feel like there's something missing from this chapter.
ConCrit is welcome :]

NOTE: ConCrit, for those of you who don't know/who didn't guess, mean's Constructive Criticism. :]