Status: Hiatus. Not sure how long, sorry.

What Does L-O-V-E Spell?

Silverleaf and Snarles

I woke up the next morning laying on my side with Draco's arm over my waist and his hot breath on the back of my neck. I smiled remembering last night. That was the most amazing
kiss I have ever had. So full of passion and need. Nothing like Ike's. OH MYGOD! Ike!

I jumped out of bed, waking Malfoy in the process. He looked startled at first, then smirked at the sight of me in nothing but my bra and underwear.

"Well good morning sexy," he said. "It's early, come back to bed."

"Malfoy!" I yelled. "What the hell did you do to me? I have a boyfriend!! Did you drug me or something?"

"What!?" he said, sitting up angrily. "DRUG you? I gave you Vertassium! It's a truth serum, not a drug, dumbass! Everything you did, you did because you wanted to. It's not my fault you want me more than your boyfriend." he said, spitting the last word like it was a disease.

"Exactly Malfoy! My BOYFRIEND! Someone that cares about and wants to be with me! Someone I don't want to hurt!"

"Funny way of showing it by cheating on him." he sneered. That stung and he knew it. But I was determined to get the last word.

"Yeah Malfoy, something you know all about." I spat back, turning and walking into the bathroom to get dressed. When I came back into the room he was gone. I made my way out of the dorm and down into the Common Room. I saw Malfoy sitting on the couch snogging Sarah. HA! So he thinks he can get to me! Boy, is he wrong!

Um, if he's not getting to you, then why did you just push that little first year boy?
He was in my way
You couldn't have just asked him to move?
No. Waste of time. I'd rather think of ways to get back at Malfoy.
...............
CRAP!

I continued on my warpath, pushing people out of my way until I saw Meghan and Mandi. I tried to just walk by them.

"Kaylie Ann Evans!" Mandi yelled. "Just where in the HELL do you think you're going?"

"McGonagall." I lied.

"Number one, you went to see her yesterday." Meghan said. "And number two, you know better than to even TRY to lie to us! So we hear you're dating Ike Sanders now. When were you going to tell us? You know, your best friends?"

"I've just had a lot on my mind okay? Things are.... Wierd."

"Well then tell us and let us help. We're your best friends, Kayles." Mandi said.

"It's shit I have to deal with on my own okay? You can't halp me so just leave me the fuck alone! God!" I yelled as I stormed away. I didn't need to look back to know that I had startled them.

I reached the pitch and grabbed a broom. I kicked off and started flying as fast as I could. Malfoy's face popped into my head. I tried my best to push it away. I mean, there was no denying the attraction and chemistry between us, but he is Malfoy! He's an asshole! Ike will be so much better for me in the long run. I just need to forget about Malfoy and focus all of my energy on Ike.

I had been flying for about 45 minutes when I heard a voice below me. "Yo! Kaylie!"

I landed my broom and Shayne and Blaise walked over.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I said casually.

"You tell us." Shayne said. "We just talked to Mandi and Meghan and it seems they got the same reaction from you that we got from Malfoy today. Seeing as you two share a room, it's only fair to think something happened with you two."

"It's just a coincidence, that's all. Why did Malfoy yell at you guys?" I asked curiously.

"Well, we asked about you, actually." Blaise said. "Asked if he had heard about you and Ike and he completely flipped."

"Malfoy is just a dumbass. He and I being in the same room together was not the best idea."

Shayne and Blaise looked at eachother. "Okay Kayles. But you need to talk to your girls."
Shayne said. "They're not really that mad, just worried about you."

"I will, I promise. I'll see you guys at dinner." I said, taking to the skies again.

>>>>

It had been about three weeks since classes had started. I made up with the girls, Ike and I were happy, classes were boring, and Malfoy and I had not said a word to eachother. Everytime we were in the room, we just acted like the other wasn't there. Even on prefect's patrols, we stayed far away from each other.

I was on my way to Potions when someone knocked me over.

"Move your ass, Evans." a cold voice said.

"Screw you Malfoy!" I said, standing up and walking towards the door to the classroom.

"Not in you wildest dreams. Speaking of, I haven't heard you screaming about your dead parents in the middle of the night lately." he sneered.

I turned around and pointed my wand at him. "Shut up Malfoy!" I yelled.

"Or what? You'll cry on me? Maybe hide in a closet while I'm tortured?" he said, lazily pointing his wand back at me.

"Malfoy! Evans!" a voice yelled from behind us. "I would expect more from the prefects of my own house! You will report to my office tonight at eight for detention. They will continue until you two can learn to work together. Understood?" We nodded, still glaring and pointing our wands at each other. "Lower your wands and get to class. NOW!" he bellowed when neither of us moved. I turned and walked into class. Stupid Malfoy. I'll have detention forever!

"Babe, this sucks! I wanted to hang out tonight!" Ike was saying at 7:45. I was getting dressed in the bathroom and he was sitting on my bed.

"How do you think I feel?! I have to spend detention with MALFOY!" I said, emerging in my black Dickies pants, white My Chemical Romance shirt and black and white converse. I walked over to the bed and grabbed my studded belt.

"Well, just try to ignore him and get along as much as you can so Snape doesn't make you do anymore detentions okay?" he said as he stood up to kiss me. I was pulling my hair back into a high ponytail. I pecked him on the lips.

"I will. I'm gonna be late. I'll come see you tomorow." I said, walking out the door, him following me.

"Okay baby. See you tomorow."

I made my way to Snape's classroom. When I walked in, he said "Ah, Miss Evans. Please take a seat and wait for Mr. Malfoy before I explain your punishment." I sat down and waited. About 5 minutes later, Malfoy came sauntering in. "Almost late, Mr. Malfoy." Snape said as Draco sat down two seats away from me. "Now, tonight you will be going into the Forbidden Forest to gather some herbs I need for my second years tomorrow. I have prepared a list and this is the bag you will use." He said, handing them both to me. "You have three hours. But if you can work together and get this task done faster, you will be released early. Bring them back here when you are done.Are there any questions?" he asked. We both shook our heads. "Good. You may go."

I got up and walked out. I was taking the stairs two at a time when I heard "Evans! Slow down!" I ignored Malfoy and kept walking. I made my way out of the castle and across the grounds towards Hagrid's Hut. Wow, it was really cold tonight. I forgot my jacket cuz I was in a rush. I really should go get it. No, I just wanna get this done. I'll survive.

Malfoy finally caught up to me. I looked at the list. "Okay, you get the Bruiseweed and I'll get the Stranglekelp." I said.

"Aren't we supposed to do this together?" he asked.

"What's the matter, you scared to be in there all by yourself?" I taunted. "Let's just get this done please." I said, walking into the forest.

"Whatever." he said as he walked the other direction. I found the little green fronds with black spots and plucked a bunch. I put them in the bag. Malfoy came back with the Bruiseweed.

"O-k-kay, now you g-get the M-Mageroyal and I'll ge-get the Briarth-thorn." I shivered. he looked at me and took off his jacket. He handed it to me. "Th-thank you." I said

"You're welcome." he said, walking away. I found the Briarthorn and he came back with the Mageroyal.

"What now?" he asked, stuffing everything into the bag.

"We need Plaguebloom, Fel Lotus, Dreamsickle, Golthorn and Silverleaf." I read off the list. "Then we're done."

"I'll get the Goldthorn, Dreamsickle and Fel Lotus. You take the rest." he said, walking away.
I found the Plaguebloom and put it in the bag. I heard Malfoy coming back so I held out the bag, but he was empty-handed. "You know he's cheating on you, right?" he said.

"What?" I said, confused.

"Ike. I have seen him with Christa on countless occasions. Kissing, and then going up to the Ravenclaw dorms together."

"You're lying." I said, stunned.

"Whatever, you don't have to believe me. I just thought you should know." he said, as he turned to walk away.

Ike wouldn't cheat on me. He's not that kind of guy. I walked until I came across the Silverleaf and started picking it. Malfoy is just trying to rile me up. He wants me to be miserable. I heard footsteps behind me again. "I already told you Malfoy, I don't believe you!" I said as I turned around. I found myself face to face with a giant grey dog. It was snarling at me and I was frozen in place. I let out a scream as it lunged at me and my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, cliffy! I might post more tonight, who knows. I have 3 comments, come on people! :)

Listening to: I Almost Told You That I Loved You - Papa Roach
Current Mood: Bored and looking for new fics to read!