Status: Hiatus. Not sure how long, sorry.

What Does L-O-V-E Spell?

It's Not My Blood

Draco's POV

I decided to tell Kaylie about Ike and Christa because, even though I am still mad at her, she doesn't deserve to be cheated on like that. Of course she didn't believe me. I really didn't expect her to, but at least I told her.

I went back to where I was and started picking more Fel Lotus. Then I heard something that made my heart stop. "Kaylie!" I yelled when I heard the scream. I sprinted back to where she had been and saw a giant grey dog running away. I looked around, but I didn't see her anywhere. She's probably hiding from the dog, I thought. Then I stepped on something hard. I looked down to see it was Kaylie's wrist. She was laying on the forest floor, covered in blood. I leaned down and picked her up as gently as I could. Then I ran back to the castle. "Kaylie," I said as I ran. "Kaylie, please wake up! Come on! Wake up!" But she just lay there limp in my arms. I ran straight to the hospital wing and burst through the doors. Madam Pomfrey was about to go to bed when she turned around to see me standing there, holding a bloody and unconcious Kaylie.

"What happened?!" she exclaimed, pointing to a bed.

"She was attacked in the forest." I said, gently laying her down on the bed. The nurse took
out her wand and started saying "Hilaro" as she pointed to all of Kaylie's scratches and bite marks. Next she siphoned the blood, "Siphonia" so she could see exactly how bad the wounds were. "Is she going to be ok?" I asked nervously.

"Well, she has lost a lot of blood, but I think so. I need to go and get a blood regeneration potion from Professor Snape. I will be right back. Keep a good eye on her." She said as she ran out of the room. I looked down at Kaylie's unconcious face and did my best to not start crying. I sat on the chair next to her bed and just watched her. About 5 minutes later, Madam Pomfrey came back with Snape. I stood up when they entered.

"What happened? You're covered in blood!" he said, not noticing Kaylie.

"It's not my blood, sir. It's Kaylie's." I said, pointing to the bed.

I watched as Madam Pomfrey took the bright pink vial from him and poured some into Kaylie's mouth, tipping her head back and allowing it to go down her throat."Now all we can do is wait." she said.

"I'm staying here with her." I said to no one in particular. They both looked at me. I looked back.

"But what about class? And dear boy, it may take days before she wakes up!" Madam Pomfrey said.

"Poppy, let him stay." Snape said, seeing the look in my eyes. "He will do it even if we tell him not to. Plus, this will be the rest of his punishment. Draco, you will be excused from classes until Miss Evans awakes and is able to go back to class. You must stay with her and watch over her until she is fully able to return." I nodded. I wasn't arguing. I didn't want to leave her side anyway. He turned to walk away.

"Oh, Professor," I said, detatching the herb bag from Kaylie's belt loop and holding it out to him. "Everything but the Fel Lotus." I told him.

He took it and smiled. "I didn't really need all of this anyway. But thank you." he said as he walked out.

"Alright, well you really should go change your clothes. You're covered in blood. I am off to bed so hurry back in case something happens, I want you to wake me. And if she wakes and I'm not here, you need to give her this potion." she said, putting the bright pink vial on the bedside table, next to Kaylie's wand.

I sprinted back to my dorm to get changed. I didn't want her to be there alone any longer than she had to. I threw on fresh clothes and ran back to the hospital. On the way back, I saw Ike and Christa snogging against a wall in one of the corridors. *Stupid git* I thought. *He doesn't even deserve to know that his girlfriend is in the hospital*

I entered the hospital wing and sat back down on the fluffy chair and just stared at her. I took ahold of her hand and rested my head on it. The tears that I had been holding back all night flowed freely.

"I'm so sorry Kaylie," I whispered. "I shouldn't have left you there! I should have stayed to protect you!" I silently cried until I drifted off to sleep.

Kaylie's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sharp pain in my chest and stomach. I groaned really loud and opened my eyes. All I saw was darkness. *Where the hell am I?* I thought. I tried to sit up, but the pain was too much. I groaned again and tried once more.

"Stop trying to sit up, Evans. You'll just hurt yourself more." a voice from beside my bed said. I looked over to see Malfoy sitting in the big poofy chair. He got up and sat on my bed, looking down at me. "It's about time you woke up, you know. I've been sitting here all night, bored out of my mind."

"Well geez, I'm sorry to have bored you so much Malfoy. Why don't you just leave then?" I said coldly. I was in no mood to deal with any of his crap at the moment.

"Because I can't." he said, looking into my eyes. "I'm sorry Kaylie. I shouldn't have left you alone in the forest. We probably should have listened to Snape about working together, but we're too stubborn. We just wanted to get it done so we didn't have to be around eachother anymore. I guess we learned our lesson though, huh?"

"What's with all this 'WE' crap?!" I said angrily. "WE didn't learn anything! I learned that I am never stepping foot in that damned forest ever again, and that I never want to speak to you ever again! This is your fault! If you weren't such an egotistical asshole, we would have never gotten this detention in the first place!!"

"ME?! You were the one that accused me of DRUGGING you!" he shot back. "I may be an asshole, but I would NEVER sink so low as to drug someone! And I'm sorry for kissing you when you had a boyfriend, but I honestly couldn't help myself!"

"Oh, and don't even get me STARTED on the Ike subject! He is not cheating on me and you know it! You're just saying that to make me miserable! Not every guy is like you Malfoy!" I said, almost yelling now. "You're a stuck-up, egotistical, pompus jerk that-OW!" I yelled. I looked down at my stomach to see blood seeping through my shirt. Apparently I had re-opened one of my gashes. I looked up at Malfoy to see him take my wand off the bedside table and mutter something under his breath, closing the wound. "How did you know what to do?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Watched the nurse earlier. Which reminds me, you're supposed to drink this." he said, handing me a vial of bright pink potion. I took it and drank it. I immediately started to feel warm and happy inside. I laid my head back on my pillow and let out a sigh. "Are you done yelling now?" he asked. I nodded, ashamed of my temper. "Good. Look, I'm sorry. I wish I was lying about Ike, but I'm not. I actually saw him on the way back here from changing my clothes. He and Christa were snogging in the corridor like they didn't care who saw them. I almost stopped to tell him about you, but then decided he didn't deserve to know."

"How could I be so fucking dumb?" I said quietly, trying to not let the tears escape my eyes. "I should have known better. I guess I was just the Rebound Skank, huh?" I said, looking up at him.

"You're not dumb, Kaylie, just naive. And you're not a skank. I can't argue with the rebound part, I'm sorry." he said, taking my hand. "Ike is a jerk, Kaylie. I'm sorry you had to find out like this. He should have been enough of a man to tell you he and Christa were back together. You don't deserve to be treated like that at all."

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked him, making a quick decision.

"Anything." he said.

"Could you go send a message to Ike and tell him that I'm here?"

"What?! After what he's done to you?! He doesn't deserve it!" he yelled, standing up.

"SHHHHHHH!" I said, grabbing my wand and pointing it at Madam Pomfrey's door. I placed a silencing charm on it so we wouldn't wake her. "I know he doesn't! I want to confront him about Christa."

"Right now?" he asked. "You need to wait until you get your strength back."

"No, I need to do it now. Please Draco?" I saw the concern in his eyes.

"Alright, fine. I'll be right back." he said, leaving the room. About 5 minutes later, he re-entered the room. "Ok I sent it. Do you want me to leave?" he asked.

"No, please stay." I said. "Just in case I can't handle it and need you to make him leave."

He smirked. "You mean in case you need me to save you yet again? Alright, I'll go sit in the corner for now." he said as he walked over and waited. I took a deep breath and braced myself for what I knew was coming.

About ten minutes later Ike came through the doors. "Kaylie Boo!" he said as he ran up to me. I rolled my eyes. God, how I hated that nickname! "Malfoy sent me a note that you were in the hospital wing, what happened, what did he do to you?"

"Malfoy did not do anything to me besides save my life. Snape had us go into the forest for our detention to gather herbs and such. I suggested we split up and get it done quicker. I was attacked by a big grey dog. I screamed and Malfoy found me and brought me here. Anything else, you would have to ask him. I only just woke up." I said. I looked in his eyes. "But that is not why I asked him to get you."

He looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "Why? What's the matter?"

I sighed. "What is going on with you and Christa?"

"What? What are you talking about? She dumped me ages ago, remember?"

"Really? Then what is that horrid perfume I smell? It is definitely not my own, I would never wear anything that cheap. No, it smells familiar though, like what you used to smell like right after the two of you split up. Then it finally faded. I have smelled it on you a few times since, but I brushed it off. And how is it that you are awake right now? You NEVER stay up past midnight! Yet here it is, 3:45 in the morning! I try to get you to stay up with me all the time and you just fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow! And you can't say that the owl woke you up becuase I have screamed in your ear on countless occasions and you still just snore away. And the fact that Malfoy SEEN you with her tonight just confirms everything. So, would you like the chance to explain yourself truthfully, or just scamper back to your bed where she is eagerly awaiting your return?" I said angrily.

"Babe! I'm not cheating on you! I would never do that to you! You're beautiful and smart and funny and-"

I cut him off. "Cut the crap Ike and tell me the damn truth! I deserve it!" I yelled.

"So you seriously believe Malfoy over me? Kaylie, he is LYING to you!"

"And just what reason would Draco Malfoy have to lie to me?! None! He said he has seen you countless times with her, snogging in the halls then taking her to your dorm. He has kept his mouth shut because he didn't want to be the one to hurt me, and he was giving you the chance to be a man and tell me yourself!" Okay, so I stretched the truth a little bit. But he did say the 'be a man' part.

"You don't get it do you? Kaylie, he is the biggest man-whore in the entire school! He has slept with almost everyone, but you! AND you're a virgin! He just wants to split us up, then swoop in to comfort you, seduce you, then add another notch to his belt! Come on, I thought you were smarter than that!"

"Well, obviously I was not smart enough to see the truth that was right in front of me. Malfoy is not the bad guy here, Ike, you are. We are done. Please leave. And give Christa my best." I said, looking away from him.

"Okay, so I am still sleeping with her, but I'm doing it for you!" My head snapped up and I glared into his eyes. "You won't do anything with me, so I am fooling around with her so I don't pressure you into something you're obviously not ready for! You're the one I care about boo! She is just sex to me now! I'm, doing it for you!" he pleaded.

"That is seriously the most fucked up thing I have ever heard. Get out Ike. And don't talk to me ever again."

"No," he said, standing up. "I'm not going anywhere until you forgive me."

I was about to respond when a cold voice said "I believe she said leave, Sanders." We both looked over to see Malfoy emerging from the shadows.

"Malfoy," Ike sneered. "You just couldn't keep you mouth shut, could you? Wanted her all for yourself? Well I've got news for you: You're wasting your time, pal. She's a prude. She won't give it up. Believe me, I've tried. Why do you think I went back to fucking Christa?"

"Get. Out. Now." I said through gritted teeth.

"You heard the lady, Sanders. Leave. Be gone. Scamper back to your two-bit whore."

Ike pulled out his wand and aimed it at Malfoy. Malfoy smirked and put his hand in his pocket. Then his other one. His smirk fell a little.

"What's the matter, Malfoy? Picked the wrong day to start a fight? Hm.... Let's see now, which curse to use against a wandless bastard?" he said, aiming his wand a little higher.

"Drop it, Sanders." I growled. He turned to see me aiming my own wand at him. He laughed.

"Do you think I'm scared of you, Kaylie? You're a girl!"

The one thing you can do to piss me off is to think I am inferior just because I am a girl. I yelled "PURPACHORIDS!" and purple chords shot from my wand and wrapped themselves around his body. I flicked my wand to the right and he hit the wall. "Scared now, Sanders?" I taunted as I lowered my wand and the chords disappeared.

"Why you little bitch!" he said, aiming his wand at me. "EXPELI-" But before he could finish the disaring spell, he was laying on the ground, out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates make the masses happy. Even though my "masses" is like 5 people lol But oh well. I'm bored so here you go.

Oh, and I suck at thinking up spell names so don't yell at me lol

Comment please!